Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Javea Restaurant

Javea Restaurant

Old May 15th 2008, 12:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Javea Restaurant

If you go into the Marina and walk right to the very very end there is a Restaurant almost on the rocks facing out to the sea with a nice terrace on it.

Has anyone been there, and if so is the food OK?
Old May 15th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Javea Restaurant

it is called Tango & the beach beyond Tango Beach. The terrace is nice & views likewise. I haven´t been for a while but often sit round there for a coffee - you have to eat a meal to sit at popular times - can´t blame them really.

The restaurant in Club Nautico is good, as long as you don´t look like a pikey just tell the chap on the gate you are going to eat. It is lovely & only 20e tops per head. Usually full of wealthy Spanish as the Club is v snooty.

Good luck, enjoy yr meal - the above 2 places are twice as good as anything on the Arenal.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:36 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by poolboy
it is called Tango & the beach beyond Tango Beach. The terrace is nice & views likewise. I haven´t been for a while but often sit round there for a coffee - you have to eat a meal to sit at popular times - can´t blame them really.

The restaurant in Club Nautico is good, as long as you don´t look like a pikey just tell the chap on the gate you are going to eat. It is lovely & only 20e tops per head. Usually full of wealthy Spanish as the Club is v snooty.

Good luck, enjoy yr meal - the above 2 places are twice as good as anything on the Arenal.
I am a member of my local Club Nautica it cost me 6800 euros to join in 2005 and has gone up since. Still there are no pockets in shrouds
Old May 15th 2008, 1:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
it is called Tango & the beach beyond Tango Beach.
Thats the one! Although I didn't see a beach. So you've eaten there? I know a small beer costs you €2.10
Old May 15th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

I haven´t eaten there either, just taken a coffee. Tend not to get skanked drinking coffee & you get the same views.

Beach is beyond the cafe, jump over the rocks to a cove round the corner. here is a sort of path, boats moor up in the cove in summer.

Also, the walk to the lighthouse starts from just behind Tango, about 1hr or so up & same back.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:31 pm
Here or There - Who Knows

debandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nice

Good info,
we are moving to javea in less than two weeks and at least we now know somewhere good to eat ( and will do our best not to look like pikeys ! )
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:02 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you go into the Marina and walk right to the very very end there is a Restaurant almost on the rocks facing out to the sea with a nice terrace on it.

Has anyone been there, and if so is the food OK?
just found this - haven't eaten there for years, but I seem to remember that it was the best sole I had ever had & reasonable price too

mind you that was either just before we came out here to live or just after, so my palate was still 'Brit'

wonder why we haven't been back

must ask the OH.........................
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:57 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
wonder why we haven't been back

must ask the OH.........................
OH here
I had a business meeting and took the people from the meeting there and at the time of sitting down we were not sure if we were staying to eat or just having coffee and a few drinks. This waiter came and asked if we were eating and when I said not sure we will just have drinks at the moment until we decide and he said "well come back when you have decided" I asked to see the owner and he explained his policy to me. I looked around and said that the place was empty so what is the problem and he said the same thing "when we have decided come back"
I vowed never to go back there again. There are so many other good places to eat in Javea and at better prices as well.

I now have all my meetings at Club Nautica or the Parador both are great places and with CN I just walk through and say hi to the guy in the office.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats the one! Although I didn't see a beach. So you've eaten there? I know a small beer costs you €2.10
That would have been a bitter pill to swallow for someone with such deep pockets and short arms eh Mitz!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

OH here
I had a business meeting and took the people from the meeting there and at the time of sitting down we were not sure if we were staying to eat or just having coffee and a few drinks. This waiter came and asked if we were eating and when I said not sure we will just have drinks at the moment until we decide and he said "well come back when you have decided" I asked to see the owner and he explained his policy to me. I looked around and said that the place was empty so what is the problem and he said the same thing "when we have decided come back"
I vowed never to go back there again. There are so many other good places to eat in Javea and at better prices as well.

I now have all my meetings at Club Nautica or the Parador both are great places and with CN I just walk through and say hi to the guy in the office.
Well I think that alone is a good enough reason NOT to go there...what do you think Mitzy?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:15 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Lionda
Well I think that alone is a good enough reason NOT to go there...what do you think Mitzy?
Seems like it for sure, although they seemed quite happy when we went there for a drink and didn't eat
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:14 am
¿Dónde estoy?

OH here

so now I know
Old Dec 30th 2008, 3:54 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

so now I know
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Lionda
he reckons he told me at the time

but then he's always 'telling me' things without actually opening his mouth and anything coming out

I'm sure he thinks I'm psychic
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:28 pm
Popping in for a chat

he reckons he told me at the time

but then he's always 'telling me' things without actually opening his mouth and anything coming out

I'm sure he thinks I'm psychic
But we are aren't we

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.