Reload this Page >

I've been asked to put down two

I've been asked to put down two

Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tommy Gun will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I've been asked to put down two

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Abslutely none, sent over the required amount through Currencies Direct at the appropriate time, and everything went smooth as silk. Had to have notary to be there for the actual signing as we couldn't get over.
UK house was causing more problems with land registry. :scared:
Thanks.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun
It's a complex of 84 apartments, but I suppose that still doesn't make any difference , does it?
Where?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Where?
Javea.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Where?
Why do you ask?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I've been asked to put down two

Hi Tommy Gun,

If you had been on the Costa de la Luz we could have suggested the names of a couple of Solicitors who might have been able to act for you.

Regards,

John.

Why do you ask?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tommy Gun,

If you had been on the Costa de la Luz we could have suggested the names of a couple of Solicitors who might have been able to act for you.

Regards,

John.
Thanks anyway.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:53 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

deposits, one of 6000 euros then one of 17000 in a months time if I want the property that I like, the company said I should THEN get a solicitor. Dodgy or what?
Are you the first buyer of this property?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:05 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I only ask because I bought a new flat recently. It was bought of plan but I wasn't the first buyer. I was asked for a deposit for the estate agent to take it of the market and later a larger deposit to pay all the money that the other property owners had pay so far while the property is being built.

I just thought that this might be the case for you too
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anabella
I only ask because I bought a new flat recently. It was bought of plan but I wasn't the first buyer. I was asked for a deposit for the estate agent to take it of the market and later a larger deposit to pay all the money that the other property owners had pay so far while the property is being built.

I just thought that this might be the case for you too
Hello, yes that seems to be the case with me, are you happy that your deposits are safe? I paid 6000 euros to reserve it, they want 17000 in a months time but I'm a bit wary. Suppose I need to get a lawyer involved ASAP.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:00 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I don't want to go into the lawyer scenario again but just to avoid confusion:

A 'nota simple' is not a contract. It is an extract from the property registry which gives a précis of the information contained in the register detailing the current owners and the financial and legal status of the property.

The initial contract is a 'Contrato de Compraventa' where the 10% deposit is paid and is enforceable in Spanish law but this is sometimes preceeded by what agents and their in cahoots lawyers like to call a 'holding contract' and usually involves the payment of an amount of €3.000 to €6.000. This has no legal basis and recovery of these funds in the event of a transaction falling through can prove fruitless.

No money whatsoever should be paid to either the seller or an agent or lawyer until the purchaser has his finances in place and the legal aspects of the paperwork have been confirmed to be in order.
I take your point and may have got the terminology wrong. Looking at it this morning it says 'copia simple'
Yes we paid the secura to the solicitor in the presence of estate agent and vendor. Sent the 10% over in the specified period via HFX to our bank and mortgage lender in Cadiz, and also signed a note sanctioning the release of funds to our solicitor, who then withdrew the 10% and set things in motion.
Everything went smoothly, the house is legal, and although the final day of signing is sometimes like a French farce with a large group of people being shunted in and out of rooms with cheques and cash, we were lucky I suppose and it all came clear.
However we had lost money on a previous property, but not for the same reasons... see my previous posts if you are interested.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:36 am

Hello, yes that seems to be the case with me, are you happy that your deposits are safe? I paid 6000 euros to reserve it, they want 17000 in a months time but I'm a bit wary. Suppose I need to get a lawyer involved ASAP.

I didn't have any problems at all. Having said that I bought the house from a estate agent that I could trust, my sister had bought and sold properties with them in several ocasions and never had any problems. I left her a power of attorney so she can get a mortgage and all the supplies sorted as soon as the property's keys are given.

I am now back in England and about to move to the US so I wouldn't be able to sort it out myself.

You seem very worried so in your case a lawyer would be definitely worth the peace of mind.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

Javea.

I can confidently recommend:-

http://www.gva-abogados.com/

They have several offices and also have an office in Javea. Chances are that they will know of your development or developers immediately. Bear in mind that there is no outlay in talking to solicitors. They will expect a fee only if you give them the 'go ahead'.

David, who I know personally is Spanish but speaks fluent English.

Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

We have not bought a property yet as have not sold house yet in UK so I am doing my homework on the buying process. We have already spoke to a solicitor who advised us about deposits and I have bought a book which seems useful for the background info "Buying a Property in Spain" by Charles Davey.

Helen
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are not buying direct from the developer you need to check to see if this invalidates the bank guarantee.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Agnes
If you are not buying direct from the developer you need to check to see if this invalidates the bank guarantee.
He will still have to deal with the developer as the property is being built.

What happens is that the property already has a mortgage on it that would start as soon as the keys are handed out. This is normally for 80% of its value, as you are already giving the remaining 20% while it's being built. This doesn't mean that you have to stick to that existing mortgage, you can always change it to meet your needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.