ITV Rules

Old Nov 8th 2016, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV Rules

The ITV for my Spanish car is due in early March every year and I've always been there to have it done.

However, next year I'm not able to be there until mid April.
The car is in a private driveway and not used when I'm in the UK.

If I have the ITV done as soon as I return, am I breaking any rules?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 12:56 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV Rules

I don't think so. The new ITV will run from the date it passes the new test.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

dypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud of

Make an appointment online for when you get back and do not use the car for any other purpose other than going directly to the ITV station.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

I usually get a local garage to do it, which includes a service.

Sounds like I'll be ok if I get it done as soon as I get back.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond repute

I would look further into it if I were you as you could face fines for driving it to the test center and there is also the likely hood that the car will automatically be de-registered when a computer throws up that it has no ITV.

Please don't rely on people's opinions, mine included, get some legal advice. It's too important to take forum advice, no matter how helpful members are, as it will be you and not them who would have to pay any fines.

If you do find out the legalities, please post back.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any chance of getting it done before March?
You can have the test done any time before it expires , but your next test will be due 12 or 24 months from the new date.

The fine for driving with an expired ITV is €200

http://itvcitaprevia.es/multa-por-itv-caducada/

Last edited by big wheels; Nov 8th 2016 at 10:57 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Is there any chance of getting it done before March?
You can have the test done any time before it expires , but your next test will be due 12 or 24 months from the new date.

The fine for driving with an expired ITV is €200

Multa por ITV caducada o por no pasar la inspección periódica
I was about to ask that as I may need to get mine done early. Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

If the ITV has expired:

Are you allowed to drive your car to a pre-arranged ITV appointment?

In the event of a ITV failure (non-serious), you get 60days to resubmit for testing, therefore can you legally drive your car home from the ITV centre?

Can you drive your car during those 60days (to take it to a garage for repairs, collect parts, test-drive, etc)?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:33 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
If the ITV has expired:

Are you allowed to drive your car to a pre-arranged ITV appointment? Yes

In the event of a ITV failure (non-serious), you get 60days to resubmit for testing, therefore can you legally drive your car home from the ITV centre?

Can you drive your car during those 60days (to take it to a garage for repairs, collect parts, test-drive, etc)?
As I understand it, you can ONLY drive it to a place of repair and then back to the ITV station. No collecting parts, no test drive etc.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 1:44 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

From memory I believe that officially you have to take it to the ITV centre on a grua and only if it passes can you drive it away.

But I know round here that if you stopped without an ITV, the police will follow you to the ITV centre and make sure your car undergoes the test.

Davexf
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can drive it to and from the garage when it has been fixed. The only time you need a grua is when you have a dangerous fail and it cannot even be driven to the garage.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lutonlad
The ITV for my Spanish car is due in early March every year and I've always been there to have it done.

However, next year I'm not able to be there until mid April.
The car is in a private driveway and not used when I'm in the UK.

If I have the ITV done as soon as I return, am I breaking any rules?

Thanks for any advice.
Simple answer is "Yes" . The question is whether or not you get caught. I had a similar problem and rang the ITV centre explaining I would be a few days late due to travelling and they said , in the politest possible way, "That is your problem".
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:02 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Simple answer is "Yes" . The question is whether or not you get caught. I had a similar problem and rang the ITV centre explaining I would be a few days late due to travelling and they said , in the politest possible way, "That is your problem".
Why? If it's off road, do you still need an ITV? Imagine a vehicle that is in an accident and is unroadworthy - does it need an ITV? It might not yet be in a garage for repair until the insurance underwriter has been to assess it.

We were in that situation recently. Couldn't repair the bike until the assessor had been, in the meantime, the ITV ran out. It took nearly 6 months before the bike could be fixed.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why? If it's off road, do you still need an ITV? Imagine a vehicle that is in an accident and is unroadworthy - does it need an ITV? It might not yet be in a garage for repair until the insurance underwriter has been to assess it.

We were in that situation recently. Couldn't repair the bike until the assessor had been, in the meantime, the ITV ran out. It took nearly 6 months before the bike could be fixed.
Obviously while off the road not a problem but driving it even to the ITV centre without valid ITV means insurance is also invalid. Also arrival day " Must pop to supermarket" same scenario.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:08 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Obviously while off the road not a problem but driving it even to the ITV centre without valid ITV means insurance is also invalid. Also arrival day " Must pop to supermarket" same scenario.
So the answer to the OP is actually NO not yes.

If it's on a private driveway and he get's an ITV as soon as he returns, then he's OK.

I'm not sure that insurance is invalidated for not having an ITV. I think this is the same in UK regarding the MOT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.