Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!

It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!

Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice
Default It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!

Hammering down here , and what a relief to have cool air, after these last few weeks of up to 40 degrees.

Lovely cool breeze wafting through the house now, bliss!!

Not good for the tourists who are here on hols, but bliss for us who live here!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!

Lovely sunny day here in my part to southern Spain
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:13 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dee_dee
Hammering down here , and what a relief to have cool air, after these last few weeks of up to 40 degrees.

Lovely cool breeze wafting through the house now, bliss!!

Not good for the tourists who are here on hols, but bliss for us who live here!!
where is it raining not here
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:14 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep it down there cos I dont want it here!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

We're in Rojales, (50 km's south of Alicante) for those of you who don't know it
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There were some heavy thunderstorms this morning in the south east between Motril and Almeria. There was also a large area out to sea off the east coast which came over land in the last hour or two.

You can see all this on the weather radar at http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/obse...adar#animacion
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing here yet, but overcast and only a matter of time
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:28 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Where soes southern Spain start I had a row with my other half the other day I said we live in Southern Spain and I thought that Allicante is in the middle of the med coast ?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Where soes southern Spain start I had a row with my other half the other day I said we live in Southern Spain and I thought that Allicante is in the middle of the med coast ?
Good point .... I thought I lived in Southern Spain also
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!

Madrid is supposed to be in the middle of Spain so I suppose it could be said that anywhere south of Madrid is southern Spain. However if you wanted to be pedantic if you took a line of latitude that passed through Ayamonte on the west and Vera on the east anything to the south of that is definitely southern Spain!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:49 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Madrid is supposed to be in the middle of Spain so I suppose it could be said that anywhere south of Madrid is southern Spain. However if you wanted to be pedantic if you took a line of latitude that passed through Ayamonte on the west and Vera on the east anything to the south of that is definitely southern Spain!
Thats what i said my other half kept telling me that Bilbao is northern I said yes so split the country in half mid line Allicante and then in to 1/4 so we live in southern spain in the Cadiz Heulva provinces

Last edited by gallerie9; Jul 14th 2008 at 1:51 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:53 pm
this is me

Map of Spain LOL
Attached Thumbnails It's raining it's pouring..oooh the relief!!-map_of_spain.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:54 pm
this is me

Map of Spain LOL
its raining here now
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Which makes Valencia to be East Spain, Toledo about central, Alicante in the South East and Huelva in the South West, so that leaves Tarifa as Southern Spain.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I am bang in the middle of Motril and Almeria, we have not had storms or rain, been cloudy most of the day though. But I did see on Spanish teletext they were giving a yellow alert for Malaga and Granada regions for storms.

Must have gone round us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.