Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's one big Masa at Camposol

It's one big Masa at Camposol

Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

agibson6 is on a distinguished road
Default It's one big Masa at Camposol

Just a note of warning concerning the Spanish builder Masa (apparently not associated with Masa International the property agents).

In 2003 we agreed to buy a property off-plan from Masa through the agent Luz del Sol with completion end 2004. The property is still not ready and getting a firm date that they will stick to is impossible.

The main problem is that the house should have had an area to one side approached through double gates and large enough for vehicle parking. This is clearly shown on the plan alongwith an approximate size of of 10 x 3.5 mtrs.

On a recent visit we noticed the area between our house and next door was half the area is should be so there is now only room for a path, not at all what we wanted! Several other properties have exactly the same problem as well.

When we complained to the agent they said they could do nothing and we had to deal direct with the builder. When we complained to the builder they ignored all of our communications and eventually wrote offering a reduction of Euro 2250 which was not negotiable and not acceptable to us.

We are now pursuing this legally but finding a lawyer prepared to deal with Masa was not easy, the first one we contacted said they know Masa and refuse to deal with them.

It's a shame, we like the region, the housing complex and the basic property but our property buying experience in Spain has been tainted by our experience with this builder.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Debsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's one big Masa at Camposol

hi there,

i am thinking about buying a bungalow in camposol, (its already built), any information i should know about the area before i do?...............have there been many problems with a lot of the buildings?...............any info would be helpfull;
Do you live there full time?