Island Life?

Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Withavee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Island Life?

A few threads have included the phrase 'Island Life' as either a positive or negative issue and wondered what the differences are between the mainland and the Canary Islands.
We are looking for country living, a bit of land, access to the beach and airport within less than an hour.
There seem to be property at similar levels but is the cost of living very different, and how about the weather.
Still very flexible at the moment.

As an aside we will be visiting the Place in the Sun over the weekend, any names to head for/avoid?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:14 am
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Island Life?

The VAT is only 7% in the Canary Islands therefor most purchases are cheaper than the Iberian part of Spain. Being 1300 Km further south and close to the African continent, and blessed by the trade winds the climate in the Canarian archipelago is very pleasant, in my house I do not have nor need heating nor air conditioning, although I must admit I do have a pullover.

I visit the peninsular for vacations, we residents of the Canary Islands get up to 50% discounts on Ferry and Air fares, I find northern Spain to my liking, the people are very nice and those lovely green pastures, but it is very expensive, I am always glad to return home.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Withavee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Island Life?

Sounds like a lot of positives. Thank you.