IPTV in Spain

Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Flyingbanana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IPTV in Spain

my dear departed Mother in Law had the worlds biggest satellite dish install by an expat with loads of channels but each year she had to pay him money to allow her another year of channels. It all seemed a bit suspect to me but he has not been for years now as mum passed away. When we are there & i am laid recovering from a hard days graft on the land with a whiskey, i flick through 100's of channels saying ''scrambled'. Is this cos a subscription has not been paid ? - Seriously, that satlelitte dish could have come from Alicante Airport like Only Fools and Horses episode .. remember..
Old Nov 20th 2021, 9:43 am
Just Joined

normski2 is an unknown quantity at this point

what type of box have you got for the iptv?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

IPTV services offering Sky normally paid for content, and more, are of course illegal and at their core consist of nothing more than banks of Sky boxes streaming their programming out to the big wide world for others to distribute.

You can generally tell which providers you can rely on firstly by whether they have catchup or not and secondly the extent of it.

To offer catchup requires a degree of financial commitment in buying servers or 3rd party storage capacity.

The service I use, and have used for approaching 4 years, offers 28 days catchup and has been 99.9% reliable. I cannot recall ever experiencing buffering and at the times in the fairly recent past when many services disappeared overnight due to police raids etc. (taking customers money with them) their service has continued without interruption.

Cost is, €15/mth or €150 if paid a year in advance which, based on their performance and dependability, I'm happy to do.

That provider is DVBLabs however a word of warning because if you're a sports fan you'll be disappointed as in that regard their content is next to nil - but that suits me just fine.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
For legal sports, how about DAZN?

Seems like you can switch commentary to English if you need to.
The legal and reliable option. I think we're beyond the point of needing the illegal options now, I don't understand why people keep looking for them. I'm not a sports fan but all of the legal subscription services I use for other content are in English. HBO Max, Starzplay, Apple TV, Amazon and Netflix give more than I need and are similar in cost to a basic UK Sky subscription. Probably just HBO and Starzplay would be enough.

For sports, don't forget the big international events such as the World Cup, Olympics etc. are shown on terrestrial TV for free, or at you local sports bar.

Digressing slightly, keep an eye out at the cinema for VOSE (original language with Spanish subtitles). My local cinema seem to show more VOSE than dubbed movies.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
The legal and reliable option. I think we're beyond the point of needing the illegal options now, I don't understand why people keep looking for them. I'm not a sports fan but all of the legal subscription services I use for other content are in English. HBO Max, Starzplay, Apple TV, Amazon and Netflix give more than I need and are similar in cost to a basic UK Sky subscription. Probably just HBO and Starzplay would be enough.

For sports, don't forget the big international events such as the World Cup, Olympics etc. are shown on terrestrial TV for free, or at you local sports bar.

Digressing slightly, keep an eye out at the cinema for VOSE (original language with Spanish subtitles). My local cinema seem to show more VOSE than dubbed movies.
Totally agree with the above,
Although we use a VPN from Nord as the wife likes her Corrie...all on a Firestick which was €29,99
We have amazon prime spain and the tv is good €39 for the year the nord is €75 for the year.
My son in the Uk pays for Netfliks or whatever and with using the fire stick there is enough crap on there to keep the better half busy.

I watch youtube vids for stuff about the Moke as its always in pieces these days. And Ive started looking at Arduino programming to help my da in the uk with his model railway
Ive never been a big TV watcher but do like the cinema.

The one in Alfaz is greta for VOSE in fact almost all its showing are like that...
Old Nov 21st 2021, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

We have been using a paid for subscription ti an IPTV system that gives us a great clear signal to F1 and PGA golf from SKY Sports, with English commentary, which are the only 2 things we watch regularly on IPTV. We have a satellite dish to pick up the free to air UK TV stations that we also watch occasionally. We are tennis fans and have a subscription to Eurosport TV for the grand slams, and a Tennis TV subscriptrion for the other APT tennis tournaments, not really interested in womens tennis.
As we would like to stay strictly legal, I have spent several hours today trying local paid for subscriptions to F1 and PGA golf. There are no local subscription apps that will give the commentary in English, even though you can hear the English commentary underneath the Spanish commentary.
If, in the 21st century, you cannot get legal subscriptions to live sports events with English commentary then we will continue to use pseudo legal paid for subscriptions to IPTV that includes SKY content.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 9:53 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Just how good is the picture via IPTV? Are we talking 4K, or just full HD? Is the motion/framte rate indistinguishable from watching satellite tv for instance?
Old Dec 11th 2021, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a good internet connection then the programs are certainly as good a quality as the satellite received programs. We have a good internet service and a large 4k television and find the picture quality of IPTV excellent.