Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

iphones in Spain

iphones in Spain

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:10 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default iphones in Spain

Anyone got an iPhone in Spain?
How is the service re internet
I believe it's only Movistar that do them
I'm going to need one to check web sites from time to time when I am out
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:04 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: iphones in Spain

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have had one for the last 18 months with movistar and I cant complain. 3g speed is not always great but you can also use them via wi-fi in certain places. I think vodafone and Orange can sell them now as well.

With movistar its a minimum 2 year contract and the option I have is minimum 20 euros phone calls per month and a flat rate of 15 euros per month for the internet.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't have to be an Iphone, there are other phones which are internet capable like the Google Nexus One and the Nokia N 900 is probably the best for internet browsing.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Also, you don't actually have to be connected to their network to get the internet.

The iphone will pick up wifi signals, so as long as you are near a wireless hotspot it will work on the internet, even if there is no 3G signal in the area.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you cross the border in to France you can buy one New from Orange Unlocked contract free and use it with any operator in Spain that has 3g. As all phones here have to be sold contract free from the release day.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:45 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

That's handy to know, do you have a rough price on the new ones?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Madridboy
That's handy to know, do you have a rough price on the new ones?
Not off hand but I will look in to it. Im waiting for the iPad
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
If you cross the border in to France you can buy one New from Orange Unlocked contract free and use it with any operator in Spain that has 3g. As all phones here have to be sold contract free from the release day.
Id be interested to know what they cost

Originally Posted by Aussie30
It doesn't have to be an Iphone, there are other phones which are internet capable like the Google Nexus One and the Nokia N 900 is probably the best for internet browsing.
I know, but they are so cuddly aren't they
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:16 pm

I completly forgot to mention If your after an iPhone mainly for the Data Internet connectivity then purchasing an iPod Touch and a Mifi Gadget would work out a lot cheaper. Mifi is a little gadget that turns 3g in to a Wifi signal to carry it around your person and your iPod touch can connect via Wifi to the 3g service You could then install Skype for the iPod touch to communicate with friends.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Hey that sounds interesting. I have a iPod touch so how does it work? Links?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

fergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant future

MiFi is run by 3 in the UK. they do 1 month to 18 month contracts or PAYG

link http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/com...ile_broadband/

Can you get a similar PAYG service in Spain? Id be interested in the summer rather than pay O2 for roaming data allowance when Im over on holiday
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by fergy
MiFi is run by 3 in the UK. they do 1 month to 18 month contracts or PAYG

link http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/com...ile_broadband/

Can you get a similar PAYG service in Spain? Id be interested in the summer rather than pay O2 for roaming data allowance when Im over on holiday

All you need is an unlocked mifi unit, and a spanish 3g data only sim card.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James
Hey that sounds interesting. I have a iPod touch so how does it work? Links?
Is it a 2nd gen or newer one as the first gen one don't have microphone support.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

fergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Is it a 2nd gen or newer one as the first gen one don't have microphone support.
neither does 2nd generation
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by fergy
neither does 2nd generation
THIS works with the 2nd Gen iPod Touch It has to be a 16 or 32Gb model