ipad 3g

Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default ipad 3g

Hi
Have ipad 3g, purchased 3g movistar micro card could get onto internet, could recieve emails but not send has anyone else had the same problem, or is it me?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ipad 3g

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi
Have ipad 3g, purchased 3g movistar micro card could get onto internet, could recieve emails but not send has anyone else had the same problem, or is it me?
I have a similar problem with my lap top on 3g dongle when in Spain. My e mail is postoffice.co.uk. when I use outlook express I can recieve but not send e mail. I got around this by going onto the post office site itself fore mail and can both receive and send without any problem with that. I can only assume it has something to do with the co.uk and the fact that in Spain? but not sure. I was considering using an hotmail.com address but don't know if that would resolve problem. Matter resolved for me so try going from your mail providers own system.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Try this HERE to access your mail anywhere on any PC, you can also send emails too.
It may help out till you get sorted.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

The odd time that I have had a problem I have just deleted my account from the iPad and then set it up again and this seems to have sorted out the blockage.

my account is a .co.uk one and it generally works fine. But I have never used it in the UK so the default settings for it are the Spanish ones, which might make a difference.

If you can, try to set it up when it is connected via the wireless system as the download speeds are generally better and this might help it to set up correctly.

Sometimes, if I try to send an email with a large attachment the 3g doesn't manage it. But that is only occasionally.

Maybe someone a bit more tech savvy will be along shortly.

Good luck.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi
all depends on what sort of mail account you are using. I am guessing that you are referring to something other than a web based email account and the problem you are encountering is probably the outgoing mailserver you are using. I'm not certain but I would imagine if you change this to something like mailhost.movistar.es you will be able to send mail.

Some mobile operators disable anything other than their mail servers on their networks which enables them to spot spammers and shut them down.