Investments

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:17 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Investments

I have found an amazing sounding investment company that says your money is Guaranteed safe with absolutely staggering returns in 150 days, I'm afraid of posting the link but might pm it for advice if you ask.

Anybody got any good tips on sussing out the company, I've done as much research as I can and it all seems above board, they contact me and assure me investments are safe.

I am well aware that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I don't want to advertise them, they are an American company.

Any tips for looking them up that I may have overlooked or does anyone use something that sounds similar? I think they use the Forex markets.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investments

"If its too good to be true, it probably is"
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:23 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I have found an amazing sounding investment company that says your money is Guaranteed safe with absolutely staggering returns in 150 days, I'm afraid of posting the link but might pm it for advice if you ask.

Anybody got any good tips on sussing out the company, I've done as much research as I can and it all seems above board, they contact me and assure me investments are safe.

I am well aware that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I don't want to advertise them, they are an American company.

Any tips for looking them up that I may have overlooked or does anyone use something that sounds similar? I think they use the Forex markets.
Look at
http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/

They have a section on scammers and ask folks to report dodgy companies, so they can investigate and warn others.

The company may have been covered already, it may come in handy to join and get traders views.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:31 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse

Caveat Emptor
the FSA doesn't cover individuals or companies outside the territory of the UK but you may wish to talk to them to see if they have heard anything of this company making offers inside the UK
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Sounds like the spiel for a typical pyramid scheme.

PM me the name if you want someone else to have a look at it with you.

Sometimes, just googling any e-mail addresses associated with the company will give you information that you don't get just searching for reviews of the company.

Last edited by alig2010; Jul 4th 2011 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the link.

My first impression is that one of the KEY giveaways about scams is when the company says it is based in a country but they use the language of that country quite badly.

This co. presents itself as a USA company in English. EVERY link they have has at least one grammar, spelling AND/OR typo error and the English just scans poorly. So, I'd be suspicious of it from that alone.

Yes, they might have really bad website editors - but they are consistently off track in their English IMO.

I found another link that asked where the copy of their performance history is and there should be one as they say they have been going for 5+ years. I'm not going to search their site but if one is interested in using a trading company then they should have a verifiable trading history. Also, I'm not seeing them being under any financial regulator in the states.

Plus, all the initial links that come up through various searches seem to be rehashes of their own website and linked into their marketing strategy rather than any independent reporting of their services and performance; i.e. the information I seem to be getting about them seems to have been placed by them.

If this was a genuine, successful investment company I would expect at least one hit on a reputable financial news reporting site - which I'm not getting here. True - no-one is saying they have been ripped off by them either. But even pyramid schemes keep going while others join in from the bottom - just ask Mr Madoff.

Personally, my initial searches would make me wary and I'd look elsewhere.

Google - best performing investment funds (UK or USA or Asia) and go at it from there if you have a bit of spare cash. If those returns are out there, then someone else will offer them to you too.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:51 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

another way of checking is to copy a tract of blurb from pages on their website and Google it - then see exactly how many companies are using identical blurb.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:59 pm

paste the website url into
http://cqcounter.com/whois/
and you will be able to see when it was created.
should also be able to see where it is registered.

think you are being told its not worth the effort ??
Madoff may be out of it but Ponzi schemes are still alive and dragging people in
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:12 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you both.

Found lot's of Scams so many it makes it almost impossible to be sure about any of them