Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Internet and telephone line

Internet and telephone line

Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Internet and telephone line

Hi

How long has it took everyone to get internet connection and a telephone line.

xxxx
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet and telephone line

Five days with Telefonica
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think our whole thing was done and dusted in less than two weeks with TF. And since using Telefonica I have hardly had a complaint to make at them, apart from when they removed €138 from my account for no reason, but to be fair refunded it immediately when I pointed it out.

Around here, and I think its true in most places, whoever you use will use Telefonica lines so my thought was ... why interject a third party for when things go wrong
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:40 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned Telefonica @ 2pm and got a call from the engineer that evening and he came to install @ 8am next day! Is that a record?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice

Hi, when we bought our house in 89 we live right under the Montgo in Denia (The beautiful side of the mountain), there where very few phones up there then. We asked our fiscal too apply for one and it was fitted in a couple of months. ADSL, well that took a good five years.
Barry
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:42 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If there is a telephone line connected to the house and you have a Spanish bank account, then they'll connect you within a day or so. If you apply for ADSL, they'll deliver a router to you within a few days. They're easy to set up.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
If there is a telephone line connected to the house and you have a Spanish bank account, then they'll connect you within a day or so. If you apply for ADSL, they'll deliver a router to you within a few days. They're easy to set up.
I suppose an important thing to mention is that is many places there is no infrastructure at all and in others there are land lines but no ADSL.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:03 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was quick with Telefonica, but it really pisses me off to know now we are paying twice as much as all the new ones, ie Orange, BT, Vodafone etc for the same service.
I have phoned a few times to complain, but they have no thoughts on dropping the price to match, so maybe we will do a swop over to BT or Orange.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

How long has it took everyone to get internet connection and a telephone line.

xxxx
phoned, booked it - they said within 15 days - always say that

five days later I phoned again - they said they couldn't find us (in the middle of the port!

I had a moan when they said 'within 15 days' again - I said not good enough - that would mean within 20 days which is longer than they 'promise'

they came the same day
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

on another point, as i may be moving very shortly and really still need adsl, is there any easy to find link on any/all the suppliers to their coverage and maximum speeds for those particular areas for adsl?
i checked on telefonica t'other night, and could only find out for a particular address, which aint really helping me at present, as i'm not quite sure where in the CB north i'm gona be
DD
incidently, when we ordered our adsl back in 2004, the engineer arrived within 2 days. we did already have a working phone line, but i was still impressed. i would also agree that i've had very little problems with them, other than their no interest attitude whilst on the phone, especially on the price differences on their packages.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digdug
on another point, as i may be moving very shortly and really still need adsl, is there any easy to find link on any/all the suppliers to their coverage and maximum speeds for those particular areas for adsl?
i checked on telefonica t'other night, and could only find out for a particular address, which aint really helping me at present, as i'm not quite sure where in the CB north i'm gona be
DD
incidently, when we ordered our adsl back in 2004, the engineer arrived within 2 days. we did already have a working phone line, but i was still impressed. i would also agree that i've had very little problems with them, other than their no interest attitude whilst on the phone, especially on the price differences on their packages.
They usually ask you your phone number to check it. lol
So you need a phone line first.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
They usually ask you your phone number to check it. lol
So you need a phone line first.
lol. y'see thats the problem - need to know where the adsl is first, before checking out the property. catch 22.....
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by digdug
lol. y'see thats the problem - need to know where the adsl is first, before checking out the property. catch 22.....
There is a link in the free beer thread, if you can get a local number ie business or shop nearby, just type that in and it will roughly let you know if it`s available.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

So is telefonica the main supplier in Spain?
Thanks xx
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:35 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose with rapidly falling prices, you could get away with a mobile phone without a land-line, depending on your usage. And with a dongle for the internet, again, depending on your usage.

We've got friends in inland Andalucia, without a land-line, who are quite happy doing just that. Their costs are about the same as ours with telefonica, but we do have a faster broadband connection (which we don't really need, the extra speed).

And, I've just thought of another thing, our land-line goes down after every heavy storm or rain when the outside cables become loose and have to be reconnected by a telefonica engineer, it only takes a day or so, but our mobile never goes down..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.