Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Internet connection - Granada area

Internet connection - Granada area

Old May 26th 2009, 8:39 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all
Default Internet connection - Granada area

I know that this will have been covered in other threads.

Can you please give us an idea of the connection cost of a telephone line (used to be a phone in the house - so assuming line is ok) and what would we expect to pay for internet connection and monthly rental.

thanks in advance - I know you lot out there are a mine of information
Old May 27th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet connection - Granada area

we have telfonica line and adsl at 10mb, we dont pay for local and national calls, we are charged monthly and it works out about 80e for telephone and broadband, not cheap.
Old May 27th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
It would depend on a few factors. Although you have a line they will probably charge for re connecting it.Charges depends where you are exactly as to what speed you can get.
Best go to their web site to check out offers and coverage where you are.
I live in the sticks and line rental is 18 euros a month and 100mbps is 29euros a month, I know internet is a lot faster and cheaper in town.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:06 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Hi,
It would depend on a few factors. Although you have a line they will probably charge for re connecting it.Charges depends where you are exactly as to what speed you can get.
Best go to their web site to check out offers and coverage where you are.
I live in the sticks and line rental is 18 euros a month and 100mbps is 29euros a month, I know internet is a lot faster and cheaper in town.
Many thanks to the both of you - you have given us info on speeds and cost so we have a base to work on.

cheers