Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

internet cafes/mobile phones

internet cafes/mobile phones

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

anne c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default internet cafes/mobile phones

can anybody tell me if there are any internet cafes near cuevas de almanzora? i will need to keep in touch with my friends and family.
also, will i be able to use my old nokia phone with orange pay as you go , in spain. if so, who do i need to contact.
many thanks for any help.
anne.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: internet cafes/mobile phones

Hi Anne c
Sory cannot help with internet cafe, but re your phone you can change the sim to a spanish one, just go into any mobil phone shop and tell them you need new sim, odds on they will activate it for you etc, you normally get a good deal with calls added.
Keep the old sim as you can interchange when you go back to the UK . This is what I do.
pwwm
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

As pwwm says its cheaper to get a Spanish sim card, if you use your orange it will cost more, also if anyone calls you from UK the call charge comes off your credit also, sort of payed twice by the caller and you
You will also need an unlocked phone.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've signed up with Vodaphone and when I'm in Spain if I make a call I pay £0.75p as a one off and then the charges are the same as in the UK. Also as I have a 200 min inclusive deal the minutes I call from there are included in the rate.
Do you think this will be cheaper or not? I have no experience of Spanish mobile charges
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

I don't know if this helps at all

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/mobile_abroad/
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by un-mundo
I don't know if this helps at all

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/mobile_abroad/
Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

I can't help with internet cafes, I'm afraid, but if any of you have wi-fi enabled laptops, I've found an excellent site that tells you of wi-fi hotspots all around the world. I've discovered that there are four in Altea, which is rather fun.

www.hotspots-hotel.com
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:42 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by un-mundo
I can't help with internet cafes, I'm afraid, but if any of you have wi-fi enabled laptops, I've found an excellent site that tells you of wi-fi hotspots all around the world. I've discovered that there are four in Altea, which is rather fun.

www.hotspots-hotel.com
Now that would be useful, but the links dead
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Now that would be useful, but the links dead
How odd, it worked earlier. Give it a bit of time and then try again - perhaps it's being bombarded by Spanish Expats trying to access it!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:34 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

try this one www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

anne c is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks To Everyone Who Replied To My Questions On Mobile Phones.
No Answers As Yet On Internet Cafes In Or Near Almanzora.
Anne.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anne c

Anne.
Try this

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anne c
Anne.
Google is your friend

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jdr]Google is your friend

Indeed!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:14 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

[QUOTE=un-mundo]
Originally Posted by jdr
Google is your friend

Indeed!
Google earth even better, has been updated, more detail in spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.