Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Internet access

Internet access

Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default Internet access

Hi
Travel to Moraira every 5/6 weeks would like to access internet via dongle or other means on pay as you go, can this be done and at what cost, or is there an alternative, do not want land line.
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:12 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: Internet access

Yes it can, the only people who do PAYG are vodafone. The dongle costs 69E with 150mb of usage on it, this lasts for 3 months, or until used. Any topup will last 3 months also.
Go to www.vodafone.es for more info.
If you buy the English version it will cost £10 per day to use in Spain, so if it is for use whilst you are in Spain buy a Spanish one.
I bought one a few weeks ago when I was in Spain. It is just plug and play, unfortunately the old laptop I had in Spain was not compatable, so I have to take the one I use in good old blighty, when I visit now.
Before I settle on vodafone, I checked out their rivals, but they don't do PAYG.
The dongle works very well, i'm about 500yards from the nearst mast though.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Thanks lic have you heard of psh broadband payg been told it costs 2 euros a day?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:20 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

hi Bill,

No, I haven't heard of them, but 2E per day is 60E per month, I am sure there are better deals out there than this, although I will check them out.

Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:27 pm
lic
Forum Regular

I just googled them and was sent to the homepage of another forum. There was a link to www.phsbroardband.com, when I clicked it, it sent me to a Domain name registation site, so does not seem to be a legit link, or company to me!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if theres anything in here that might help

http://www.adslzone.net/comparativa.html
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic
I just googled them and was sent to the homepage of another forum. There was a link to www.phsbroardband.com, when I clicked it, it sent me to a Domain name registation site, so does not seem to be a legit link, or company to me!
If you follow the links via google, he just installs and sets up the dongle connection on the pc, and only serves the Costa del sol
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

whats dongle bill????????????????????????????
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Sorry bill bit thick should read properly have you sorted your internet in Spain as I need internet access myself costa blanca area with no land line
Regards
Denise
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
whats dongle bill????????????????????????????
One of these HERE but you will need to buy a similar Spanish one here.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks now I understand
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

sutton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lic
Yes it can, the only people who do PAYG are vodafone. The dongle costs 69E with 150mb of usage on it, this lasts for 3 months, or until used. Any topup will last 3 months also.
Go to www.vodafone.es for more info.
If you buy the English version it will cost £10 per day to use in Spain, so if it is for use whilst you are in Spain buy a Spanish one.
I bought one a few weeks ago when I was in Spain. It is just plug and play, unfortunately the old laptop I had in Spain was not compatable, so I have to take the one I use in good old blighty, when I visit now.
Before I settle on vodafone, I checked out their rivals, but they don't do PAYG.
The dongle works very well, i'm about 500yards from the nearst mast though.
I visit the the Cost de la Luz every couple of months - is the pre paid 19 euros plus iva until used or up to 3months and you just plug this stick into your laptop.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:48 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutton
I visit the the Cost de la Luz every couple of months - is the pre paid 19 euros plus iva until used or up to 3months and you just plug this stick into your laptop.
why not find a wifi some were local.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

sutton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
why not find a wifi some were local.
Only one I know of and not convenient want something I can use in my house.

Last edited by sutton; Oct 20th 2008 at 8:59 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:15 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutton
Only one I know of and not convenient want something I can use in my house.
ok.good luck anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.