Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

International debt.

International debt.

Old Aug 4th 2011, 2:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International debt.

Originally Posted by bobd22
Oh no not tattoos again I know how the poor sod feels, you have got me paranoid, I will have to live in the sun wearing a long sleeved shirt for my retirement.
why are you paranoid about it.
there are many people who are put off by them but at the end of the day for the joe in the street it is a personal thing which at the beginning you were proud of - unless you have the full dragon on your back with its tail or flamed breath going down between cheeks
that you have one or two to celebrate the birth of a child or death of a loved one it is your way of self expression.

However, I am sure we are all well aware of the squeeky clean requirements when it comes to advertising and image. they would be seen as something to take the eye away from the product with people expressing more interest in what the tattoos say than the product

as to your paranioa - just get out there and take your shirt off. if what you have is good enough then perhaps one day someone will be singing the last line of "Tie me kangaroo down sport" about you
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:50 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
obviously not bought a footballer recently
Bought so many it was getting downright boring.
Switched the news on every morning thinking who's the latest footballing wonder the boss has been lashing out on today.
Not sure if they're any good, but if we don't unload some soon the club will be stony broke with the wage bill.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

there are many people who are put off by them but at the end of the day for the joe in the street it is a personal thing which at the beginning you were proud of - unless you have the full dragon on your back with its tail or flamed breath going down between cheeks
that you have one or two to celebrate the birth of a child or death of a loved one it is your way of self expression.

However, I am sure we are all well aware of the squeeky clean requirements when it comes to advertising and image. they would be seen as something to take the eye away from the product with people expressing more interest in what the tattoos say than the product

as to your paranioa - just get out there and take your shirt off. if what you have is good enough then perhaps one day someone will be singing the last line of "Tie me kangaroo down sport" about you
Lets put it this way.

Two guys with exactly equal ability and qualifications apply for the same job and are interviewed by a senior exec in a highly respected company.

One is covered in tatoos as well as piercings and various forms of metallic objects dangling from every conceivable body part, whilst the other one appears to be free from any embellishment and just as he was delivered.

I know who my money would be on to get the job.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:20 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Lets put it this way.

Two guys with exactly equal ability and qualifications apply for the same job and are interviewed by a senior exec in a highly respected company.

One is covered in tatoos as well as piercings and various forms of metallic objects dangling from every conceivable body part, whilst the other one appears to be free from any embellishment and just as he was delivered.

bald, screaming and covered in blood & slimy stuff ??

actually something similar to that was said decades ago when I joined the RN, with the advice to be careful where you have any alterations to God's gift and even more careful as to the content (hence the reference to the dragon - which I didn't have)

however, a short time ago when in local bank I was served by a young muslim lady with henna tattoos all over her hands and up her sleevies. Most off putting.

there seems to be an increase in visible tattoos showing on the leads in some american crime\spy series at the moment.
ISTR lots of effort made to coverup Angelina Jolies tattoos for her films and there are some clips with some showing and also not showing - because it is a "body double" and missed by continuity.

Still although a small generally one man business its activities do go a long way to helping everyone to reduce national and international debt.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Domino I was being tongue in cheek re other posts been on and comments re tattoos. Mine dont bother me never even notice I have them as been there for 40 years now. Mind when I was in Spain once overheard a conversation between 2 guys about how they had nobbled a jury both bit loud and drunk, on about the things they had got away with in court etc. I'm having my coffee watching the world go by at next table thinking time to get out of here before engaged in conversation, goes and pays up. Coming out one say British mate noticed your tattos, luckily before things went too far he got diverted and I beat a hasty retreat. Mind mine being done in the 70's not like todays works of art and I suppose they are the type ex squaddies / jail birds have, mind you I don't have the fox and hounds which I have seen and you can guess wher the foxes tail goes!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Lets put it this way.

Fair point but does depend on the job you go for and how extreme the tattoo's etc are where they are . Myself I don't automaticaly judge a book by it's cover.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=johnnyone;9537609]IMO you are being unfair to Beckham.
Here is a guy who has been propelled into the position he is by luck, ability, good PR management and likeability.
This does not strike me as someone of limited intelligence, that has been implied by some posters on this thread.

My opinion as stated is that he is a good role model good father a guy who has respect and overall a nice guy, I think most posters have condoned that about him.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:37 pm

Hi Domino I was being tongue in cheek re other posts been on and comments re tattoos. Mine dont bother me never even notice I have them as been there for 40 years now. Mind when I was in Spain once overheard a conversation between 2 guys about how they had nobbled a jury both bit loud and drunk, on about the things they had got away with in court etc. I'm having my coffee watching the world go by at next table thinking time to get out of here before engaged in conversation, goes and pays up. Coming out one say British mate noticed your tattos, luckily before things went too far he got diverted and I beat a hasty retreat. Mind mine being done in the 70's not like todays works of art and I suppose they are the type ex squaddies / jail birds have, mind you I don't have the fox and hounds which I have seen and you can guess wher the foxes tail goes!
it used to be a no-no for RN officers but I cannot remember if it was the dragon or the hunt that an Admiral had on his back. think it was the latter, but it didn't stop him from getting to high rank.
rgds
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it used to be a no-no for RN officers but I cannot remember if it was the dragon or the hunt that an Admiral had on his back. think it was the latter, but it didn't stop him from getting to high rank.
rgds
Yes Domino it was mainly a none commissioned ranks thing but as a Rockape a few Officers did have very discrete ones, probably different nowadays.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bobd22;9537815][QUOTE=johnnyone;9537609

My opinion as stated is that he is a good role model good father a guy who has respect and overall a nice guy, I think most posters have condoned that about him.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but my point was the inference from several posts over his intelligence. If you review the posts this the clear inference.
I do not think it is fair or valid that's all.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=johnnyone;9537877]

Fair enough, but my point was the inference from several posts over his intelligence. If you review the posts this the clear inference.
I agree with you not valid at all
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:06 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone

Huh? I think you may be making assumptions based on conversations elsewhere. On this thread, if anything, he's been praised for maximising his money-making potential. One poster did allude to his behaviour prior to being shoe-target by Fergie, but that doesn't reflect necessarily on intelligence.

EDIT: Ah seen the post you probably referred to. The first sentence was actually talking about Wayne (I think).

I have a feeling that after all his stupidity he may learnt quite a few lessons and show a bit more common sense and respect in the future.
Beckham wasn't always the sharpest pencil in the box at his age.
He seemed to sort himself out after he got that boot in his face from Sir Alex.

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Aug 4th 2011 at 5:16 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:16 pm
On the road again.

[QUOTE=steviedeluxe;9537899]

Huh? I think you may be making assumptions based on conversations elsewhere. On this thread, if anything, he's been praised for maximising his money-making potential. One poster did allude to his behaviour prior to being shoe-target by Fergie, but that doesn't reflect necessarily on intelligence.

EDIT: Ah seen the post you probably referred to. The first sentence was actually talking about Wayne (I think).
Correct.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

IMO you are being unfair to Beckham.
Here is a guy who has been propelled into the position he is by luck, ability, good PR management and likeability.
This does not strike me as someone of limited intelligence, that has been implied by some posters on this thread.
My brain certainly does not have the ability to instantly send a message to my foot to enable a ball to swerve or whatever. That in its own way is intelligence.
He also presents himself extremely well when interviewed, representing himself or the Country. How many of us could cope or do it as well as he does with millions watching his every move? I for one couldn't.
I am not saying the guy is a genius but he no less intelligent than most of us and remember he doesn't the benefit of anonymity of a written forum to hide behind. How many of us would talk gibberish/dry-up if faced with public exposure?
Unfortunately many people including a few on here appear to confuse intelligence with education or a good memory. Some of the thickest people I have known are endowed with a wonderful education but have not a clue how to use it. Also one of the most stupid sayings at a quiz is how intelligent a person is because they could remember a few facts.
I remember a very nice guy that worked with me, fabulous education could and did quote the classics and made me quite envious his father wanted him to become more practical. Simple job I gave him, one screwdriver, one screw, one threaded hole. I watched him until he gave up, he could not work it out and that never having done it before is what needed the intelligence.

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 4th 2011 at 9:19 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:44 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Unfortunately many people including a few on here appear to confuse intelligence with education or a good memory. Some of the thickest people I have known are endowed with a wonderful education but have not a clue how to use it. Also one of the most stupid sayings at a quiz is how intelligent a person is because they could remember a few facts.
I remember a very nice guy that worked with me, fabulous education could and did quote the classics and made me quite envious his father wanted him to become more practical. Simple job I gave him, one screwdriver, one screw, one threaded hole. I watched him until he gave up, he could not work it out and that never having done it before is what needed the intelligence.

Graham
Very true, some ppl have great educations, remember things very well and have a great memory store, but that doesn't necessarily make them highly intelligent and in some cases they can be almost useless in practical matters where basic deduction and common sense are required.

As regards Beckham he certainly wouldn't win Mastermind or Brain of Britain, but he has just enough common sense to realize his own limitations and keep well within certain parameters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.