Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

International debt.

International debt.

Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International debt.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The biggest problem is that the people who abuse your trust and make false promises have an affect on you and you might hesitate before helping someone genuine and trustworthy. Takers and grabbers of this world are very clever at gaining things so they are quite hard to detect at times, our gut feelings may so NO but if we cannot rationalise this we end up saying Yes and regretting it.

Rosemary
The answer to that is listen to your gut feelings. I believe in what's often misnamed as 'womens intuition'. In our family it is the woman's though. My husband is much more easily taken for a ride than I. A couple of times I've warned him about potential business mistakes with people I haven't trusted. Once or twice I wish I had gone further. Two of his clients disappeared leaving him unpaid for thousands of pounds worth of work. I'm more likely to do something for nothing willingly. But he's more likely to end up with nothing!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
The answer to that is listen to your gut feelings. I believe in what's often misnamed as 'womens intuition'. In our family it is the woman's though. My husband is much more easily taken for a ride than I. A couple of times I've warned him about potential business mistakes with people I haven't trusted. Once or twice I wish I had gone further. Two of his clients disappeared leaving him unpaid for thousands of pounds worth of work. I'm more likely to do something for nothing willingly. But he's more likely to end up with nothing!
Graham here,
I do not believe in women´s intuition it appears to be the difference in the way that men and women think. Certainly the way in which women´s minds operate seems to be, in this day and age, far superior to men´s with a greater ability to see in shades of grey instead of the black and white many men use.
I will usually defer to Rosemary´s take on things, it is invariably better than mine. Sometimes the problem for men is good old testosterone which makes it difficult for men to accept that women´s thinking is often better than our own.

Graham
Old Aug 12th 2011, 10:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Graham here,
I do not believe in women´s intuition it appears to be the difference in the way that men and women think. Certainly the way in which women´s minds operate seems to be, in this day and age, far superior to men´s with a greater ability to see in shades of grey instead of the black and white many men use.
I will usually defer to Rosemary´s take on things, it is invariably better than mine. Sometimes the problem for men is good old testosterone which makes it difficult for men to accept that women´s thinking is often better than our own.

Graham
Cannot believe that I am reading this.

Rosemary
Old Aug 12th 2011, 11:15 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Graham here,

Graham
Ha,ha, .. Flattery will get you everywhere.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 11:25 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Graham here,

Graham
I think that women are able to store data better and access it far more thoroughly than men. That's what give's them the so called intuition. It's the same as the eggheads, if you watch that programme. They keep making 'lucky' guesses, because they have a huge data store in there, to back it up.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I think that women are able to store data better and access it far more thoroughly than men. That's what give's them the so called intuition. It's the same as the eggheads, if you watch that programme. They keep making 'lucky' guesses, because they have a huge data store in there, to back it up.
Women are tuned to read emotions as a biological imperative. This possibly does mean that the female psyche can pick out deceit more easily. And yes. I'm full of useless information;-) But I never could work a video recorder!
I want to list all the things men are better at but I come from a family where the women can do pretty much everything... OOh yes. Spatial awareness!Guys are generally much better at that. I teach a craft which uses it and when I get a bloke in the class he's always much better at getting 3 dimensional concepts than the girls.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Women are tuned to read emotions as a biological imperative. This possibly does mean that the female psyche can pick out deceit more easily. And yes. I'm full of useless information;-) But I never could work a video recorder!
I want to list all the things men are better at but I come from a family where the women can do pretty much everything... OOh yes. Spatial awareness!Guys are generally much better at that. I teach a craft which uses it and when I get a bloke in the class he's always much better at getting 3 dimensional concepts than the girls.
Don't agree. I think that being able to 'read' another animal in the group is of great importance, and I believe that therein lies the origin of empathy, and hence altruism. That women might be better could be explained by better data storage and retrieval skills.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 7:18 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Don't agree. I think that being able to 'read' another animal in the group is of great importance, and I believe that therein lies the origin of empathy, and hence altruism. That women might be better could be explained by better data storage and retrieval skills.
I wonder how you would test "better data storage and retrieval skills"? Pub quiz maybe? If so - in my experience of taking part and running them - men would win hands down.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 8:50 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jimenato
I wonder how you would test "better data storage and retrieval skills"? Pub quiz maybe? If so - in my experience of taking part and running them - men would win hands down.
Yeah? but ask a women what onother woman was wearing at a dance ten years ago, and see the recall kick in.

If you are right, maybe it's not so much hard facts, like who won which battle, but more a stream of images. I don't know.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 8:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Guys are usually best on hard facts, hi-tech and all things useful, but when it comes to storing ammunition for future hostilities women are streets ahead.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Guys are usually best on hard facts, hi-tech and all things useful, but when it comes to storing ammunition for future hostilities women are streets ahead.
That is why when the other half is wound up it is best to head to the bar.

Graham
Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:20 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yeah, there's a world of truth in that.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
nice to hear Angie, but isnt that how it should be with friends
too many times I have helped people, including a couple of relatives, given up time and money and barely got a thank you, to find never around when I needed help.
It is small wonder that some people appear to be standoffish but really nice when you get to know them
once bitten twice shy
Yes been there and done that, but eventually you sort the wheat from the chaff and those people lose out in the end!
It makes you appreciate your real friends and genuine people all the more.