Interior paint

Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interior paint

Having in the past bought several different brands of paint for painting lounge and bedrooms etc I have always ended up putting two coats on to get a decent finish.

Can anybody recommend a good paint (matt or satin) which would enable me to do the job with just the one coat.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of
Default Re: Interior paint

Originally Posted by Michael74
Having in the past bought several different brands of paint for painting lounge and bedrooms etc I have always ended up putting two coats on to get a decent finish.

Can anybody recommend a good paint (matt or satin) which would enable me to do the job with just the one coat.
Personally, I always buy Titan. Never put more than one coat on, and it doesn't fade, so you can touch up with no problems. I learnt in the UK, that its a waste of money using cheap paint.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
Personally, I always buy Titan. Never put more than one coat on, and it doesn't fade, so you can touch up with no problems. I learnt in the UK, that its a waste of money using cheap paint.
Do you use it straight out of the tin or does it need thinning with water ?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I use Tital too, have bought other makes here but much prefer Titan.

Rosemary
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Do you use it straight out of the tin or does it need thinning with water ?
No, I don't thin it, just use it straight from the tin. I would thin it a little bit if I was using it on a new wall, but then you would need two coats anyway for a new wall.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience it's always best to thin any spanish emulsion type paint (no matter what price/quality) with water, otherwise you may find bits of the old paint lifting and sticking to the roller.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Interior paint

Just buy the most expensive paint you can afford but depending on the base colour or if it is a new wall then you may well have to apply two coats. I also use a T Krom Fixative first as it helps to keep the paint on a flakey wall. Just one more thing..add a certain amount of water to make the consistency like creamy milk..too thick and its difficult to apply and too thin it will run down your brush or roller. Anyway I am off for a mat finish!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Just buy the most expensive paint you can afford but depending on the base colour or if it is a new wall then you may well have to apply two coats. I also use a T Krom Fixative first as it helps to keep the paint on a flakey wall. Just one more thing..add a certain amount of water to make the consistency like creamy milk..too thick and its difficult to apply and too thin it will run down your brush or roller. Anyway I am off for a mat finish!
Many thanks to all for advice. All the walls I have painted so far have been new so probably accounts for having to put two coats on. Now I hope - doing a repaint - I will only need the one coat.