Reload this Page >

Insurance for photographic equipment in Spain with Worldwide Cover

Insurance for photographic equipment in Spain with Worldwide Cover

Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

kweeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Insurance for photographic equipment in Spain with Worldwide Cover

Hi all

I am moving to Tenerife, Spain in a month or so, however I have a certain amount of photographic equipment that I need to insure against theft and accidental damage (to the value of around £2,000). Problem is, most British insurers won't help as I'm moving to Spain whilst most tend to be for UK residents only.

I am at somewhat of a loss as to where to turn, I'm not that bothered if I can't get the cheapest insurance available, but I just need to have some kind of insurance for this equipment in place ASAP.

I'm posting here to see if anyone can point me in a good direction of a Spanish photographic equipment insurer or a British photographic equipment insurer who can support my residency in Spain as well as offer worldwide coverage too.

Thank you in advance!

Kweeky
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance for photographic equipment in Spain with Worldwide Cover

Hiya
Cant you just add it to your house insurance?
Failing that a Brit speaking Spanish insurer is Knights Insurance ... google them

Originally Posted by kweeky
Hi all

I am moving to Tenerife, Spain in a month or so, however I have a certain amount of photographic equipment that I need to insure against theft and accidental damage (to the value of around £2,000). Problem is, most British insurers won't help as I'm moving to Spain whilst most tend to be for UK residents only.

I am at somewhat of a loss as to where to turn, I'm not that bothered if I can't get the cheapest insurance available, but I just need to have some kind of insurance for this equipment in place ASAP.

I'm posting here to see if anyone can point me in a good direction of a Spanish photographic equipment insurer or a British photographic equipment insurer who can support my residency in Spain as well as offer worldwide coverage too.

Thank you in advance!

Kweeky
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

stefana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Did you find a company as I am also looking?

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:11 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hiya
Cant you just add it to your house insurance?
Failing that a Brit speaking Spanish insurer is Knights Insurance ... google them
Knights Insurance has been very expensive with my boat insurance, found out that Mapfre was about half price for same conditions.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Knights Insurance has been very expensive with my boat insurance, found out that Mapfre was about half price for same conditions.
Its strange isnt it .... I just changed from Mapfre to Knights for car insurance because the price was much less!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:01 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its strange isnt it .... I just changed from Mapfre to Knights for car insurance because the price was much less!
I can only relate to my boat insurance, good for you Mitzy. I hope that the OP will be wise enough to compare various companies.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:25 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Jur
I can only relate to my boat insurance, good for you Mitzy. I hope that the OP will be wise enough to compare various companies.
Oh for sure, if they google there are a number of active insurance companies in Spain, just a case of finding the right one for their needs