Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Insurance for 18 year old on car

Insurance for 18 year old on car

Old Nov 10th 2007, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough
Default Insurance for 18 year old on car

My son is 18 soon and I am wondering if anyone knows of a cheap insurance company for a spanish plated car.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance for 18 year old on car

Originally Posted by Debrina
My son is 18 soon and I am wondering if anyone knows of a cheap insurance company for a spanish plated car.
My friend got her 24 year old boyfriend insured by Linea Directa.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debrina
You could try BMI Insurance in the Centro Nordica on the Mijas road, I have used them for about 18 years now and have no complaints. When I started with them it was because I was with a very well know British company here, I tried BMI and they came in at half what I was being charged the year before.

Ask for Miguel Angel or Victoria on: 952 582 283, they both speak English and I think they also have an office in Marbella but they will be able to tell you, doesn't cost anything to ask for a quote.

Hope this helps
Mike
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough

Mike, thanks, I will try them monday am.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:12 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You will find a lot of the insurers insure the car for any driver with a licence over 30, ours charged excess to cover our daughter and sil till they were over 30 while they used it.
If they had an accident it would of added a couple of hundred euros extra to be payed by us on a claim. ;-(
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Think yourself lucky you aren't doing this in the UK!!

I have just had several quotes for my 18yr old son, a 5 yr old Ford Ka, worth £3000. The cheapest quote was £1700 the most expensive £7200 both for TPFF not comprehensive.

Can't even have him added to our own insurance on a Nissan Almera, too expensive again!