Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Inland Spain does it get boring in Winter?

Inland Spain does it get boring in Winter?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Inland Spain does it get boring in Winter?

We are moving to inland Andalucia next year (we have put it off due to being better off financially then) and I know a lot of Spanish life revolves around the outdoor life. In winter I know it gets cold inland and snow in some areas so what do people do, do they still sit outside bars and restaurants, what do children do for entertainment in the small villages. Just curious does it sometimes get boring in winter or just like UK, I suppose winter is shorter in Spain.

Helen

Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:38 am
Just Joined

kelterjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Inland Spain does it get boring in Winter?

We have just come back, having spent a long weekend in Spain and the weather was glorious. We were inland (Alicante) in the mountains, not sure what the temperature is where you are going to be. The village- yes , still people sitting outside bars, children playing in the park, it was lovely.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
We are moving to inland Andalucia next year (we have put it off due to being better off financially then) and I know a lot of Spanish life revolves around the outdoor life. In winter I know it gets cold inland and snow in some areas so what do people do, do they still sit outside bars and restaurants, what do children do for entertainment in the small villages. Just curious does it sometimes get boring in winter or just like UK, I suppose winter is shorter in Spain.

Helen

Hi,
When we go out in winter there is not much difference than in the summer for ppl, as kelterjon say's it is still nice to be outdoors.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for the replies I just had this vision of it being really cold and stuck in your house for a couple of months in the year. But as long as the sun is shining people have said it is warm and when snow comes it generally melts by midday. The outdoor life is the biggest attraction to Spain afterall.
Can't be long until you go now Miss Naughty am looking forward to hearing about your journey and arrival with lots of advice for those still waiting to go.

Helen
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for the replies I just had this vision of it being really cold and stuck in your house for a couple of months in the year. But as long as the sun is shining people have said it is warm and when snow comes it generally melts by midday. The outdoor life is the biggest attraction to Spain afterall.
Can't be long until you go now Miss Naughty am looking forward to hearing about your journey and arrival with lots of advice for those still waiting to go.

Helen
Hi i have 10 days,
However if we dont sell our car we will be screwed a little bit.
So stressing over that at the mo, hubby saying everything will be fine etc etc etc.
I have not even booked ferry yet as waiting for something to go wrong ha ha it normally does with me.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi i have 10 days,
However if we dont sell our car we will be screwed a little bit.
So stressing over that at the mo, hubby saying everything will be fine etc etc etc.
I have not even booked ferry yet as waiting for something to go wrong ha ha it normally does with me.
Wow ten days thats exciting, I am so jealous, we have decided to wait until next year when housing market picks up, I know it is best decision can't wait until my hols this year though.

Helen
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Wow ten days thats exciting, I am so jealous, we have decided to wait until next year when housing market picks up, I know it is best decision can't wait until my hols this year though.

Helen
It will go so quick, we talked for 3 years before going and now ten days to go.

Be on soon got to try and sell my car now going to go to a garage to see if he wants it xxxx
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:57 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Helen

It´s not really true that it gets cold inland and stays warm on the coast. It gets quite cold up north, and of course on the mountains where you can ski. The rest of spain is perhaps chilly in winter, but nowhere near as cold as the UK. If you are in a mountain village you might find that people stay in more, but otherwise the outdoor life applies to all of spain, not just the coasts.

Today we have glorious sunshine, clear blue sky, about 15 degrees and everyone is eating and drinking outside in the plaza.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keithwalters
It´s not really true that it gets cold inland and stays warm on the coast. It gets quite cold up north, and of course on the mountains where you can ski. The rest of spain is perhaps chilly in winter, but nowhere near as cold as the UK. If you are in a mountain village you might find that people stay in more, but otherwise the outdoor life applies to all of spain, not just the coasts.

Today we have glorious sunshine, clear blue sky, about 15 degrees and everyone is eating and drinking outside in the plaza.

Well here its blowing a gale and freezing but the sun is out for what its worth!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well here its blowing a gale and freezing but the sun is out for what its worth!!!
Not surprised,your in wigan!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

It has been very bitter today herexxx
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:17 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I live inland and just remember this is Spain and the spanish love there Partys. It seems like there is one each week well not each week, but we had three over Christmas and then in three weeks the carnival season starts and then it is something else. We have had fantastic weather since November and have been able to lunch out side every day. Sorry if you are still in the UK.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
It will go so quick, we talked for 3 years before going and now ten days to go.

Be on soon got to try and sell my car now going to go to a garage to see if he wants it xxxx
10 Days!!! u have never really informed the forum were you are actually, precisely, near enough were your actually going to live!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by vox populia
10 Days!!! u have never really informed the forum were you are actually, precisely, near enough were your actually going to live!!!
I am sure she said Oliva.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vox populia
U are a very sad person, someone asked and i replied what is your problem??????? (the drugs)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.