Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

For info: documents needed when I flew Ryanair from Santander to Stansted

For info: documents needed when I flew Ryanair from Santander to Stansted

Old Aug 17th 2021, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default For info: documents needed when I flew Ryanair from Santander to Stansted

I made this journey just after the 2nd August changes which meant people double-jabbed in the EU only needed a day-2 test i/o 2&8.

Pre-flight
Two days before departure I went to a clinic for a antigen test, details below. In another thread SanNico wrote: "Most of the larger airports have testing facilities onsite now, otherwise if you’re in a large town or city just google antigen testing. I believe the airports are charging around 45. I always get mine at a university clinic as they charge 20 and the proceeds stay in the system. However, with short notice you’re best with the airport. They do quick turnarounds."

I had to book a day 2 test for the UK. This is a ******* nightmare.

I filled in and printed a Passenger Location Form (PLF).

I also printed off my Covid Certificate.

At the airport:
In the queue for passport control there were two people checking your documents. He had a long look at my antigen test and a quick scan of my PLF.

When I showed my passport at the window she looked through all the pages - evidently she was looking for the entry stamp because she then asked if I had resedency and to look at it.

At Stansted:
They didn't want anything; I just had to get through an automatic passport machine.

At home:
The day after I arrived the Royal Mail sent me an email stating that they had delived the day 2 test. Except that they hadn't, nor to the neighbours. RM said they'd get back to me within 10 working days! (still waiting), Brunswick Hygiene really couldn't have cared any less and email requesting advice from the gov.uk websites went unanswered. Eventually someone dropped the envellope off before getting back into her car, so RM evidently delivered it a fair way away.

Once I'd performed the test and posted it the result came back 2 or 3 days later.

Summary
It was fairly straight forward, apart from the day 2 test. I'd recommend you have the pre-flight antigen test before going through the nightmare of looking through all the UK suppliers and their false advertising. That way if you test positive at least you'd have saved yourself that nightmare

Antigen test in Santender
In case you're departing from Santander, I got my antigen test at Dra. Concha de la Fuente, Paseo de Pereda 15 - this is a few doors down from the Santander Bank head office, opposite the bay. It cost €50 and involved someone sticking a swab up my nose. The result was given, within a minute, on paper and I asked for it digitally so they emailed it.
My brief enquiries found that Santander University doesn't have a clinic.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For info: documents needed when I flew Ryanair from Santander to Stansted

Many thanks for that detailed description. I'm sure some will find it useful.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For info: documents needed when I flew Ryanair from Santander to Stansted

Worthwhile info thankyou.