Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

info on Benidorm theme parks

info on Benidorm theme parks

Old Apr 25th 2010, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough
Default info on Benidorm theme parks

Can anyone please help?
My sister and her grandchildren are visiting us the first week in June and we want to take them to one of the theme parks. (not terra mitica). We are considering Mundomar or terra natura and either aqualandia or the other water park near terra natura. When I looked on the websites there are combined tickets but it is not clear if this is during one day or if you can buy tickets and then return another day. We dont want to pay for the season ticket because it wont be worth it for us, but we would like to go to a water park and one of the animal places.
Also there seem to be different discount vouchers available. Can anyone tell me where the best discounts are to be had? Online? shops? cam bank? etc
Any other comments on this matter or any other suggestions for fun places to take children would be gratefully received. We live in Castalla. This is about an hours drive from Benidorm and we dont want to go too far.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

dr_designer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: info on Benidorm theme parks

The best deals are often found by chance: you happen to be in a shopping mall at the beginning of the season when the theme park is doing a promotion. Often these are really good deals indeed (some kids free, or half price for a party, or better.)

Short of hanging around malls, I don't myself know of any way of getting really good deals. If you approach the park or its agents directly, you'll never get the sort of deal you can get when they are approaching you.

My grandchildren love Aqualandia—and Terra Mitica (what have you got against that?)
Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter loves mundomar.

She was chosen to go in the boat in the dolphin pool.

Reckon it would not be so good in high season but great now.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

When we were last over the best discounts for Aqualandia and Mundomar were on vouchers in McDonalds of all places! Aqualandia in my opinion is much much better water park than Aqua Natura.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Terra natura has its own water park. It usually costs only €5 or so more to include it. But that would be just for the one day. Do the animals in the morning then aqua in the afternoon, evening. Far fewer rides than aqualandia but good for younger kids. Its more of a zoo elephants tigers monkeys all spread out with quite alot of walking between areas. There is a "train" round the outside. Can be too hot in august and animals sheltering from sun!)
Mundomar more sitting watching "shows" in different shaded seating areas and well organized walks between ie birds to look at etc. +/- 3 hrs visit. Aqualandia (next door) has cheaper entry after 3pm so go then and stay till 8pm closing, cooler and less crowds queueing for rides.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough

Very good advice so far. I have nothing against Terra mitica but my great nephews are only 7 and 4 so thought some of the rides might be a bit much for them, also they love animals and want to go to a water park.
Thanks to all who have replied so far. I'll have to take to hanging round shopping malls!!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

Terra Mitica is a great day out for the older kids (and myself!). We were there from about 9am to 10pm one day last year but our 5 year old was gutted about not being tall enough for alot of the "bigger" rides!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:13 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Terra Mitica is the best bet and all the sections of the park where there are 'scary' rides have the equivalent rides for the children so it isn't all about rollercoasters. The shows are also great and educational.