Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Info on Ayamonte please.

Info on Ayamonte please.

Old Jan 31st 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Info on Ayamonte please.

I am looking for information on banks and health centre in Ayamonte. My spanish is pretty poor and would like to know if there is a recommended bank ( least chrages and hassles) with a person who speaks some english. Also does the health centre/ have an english speaker or an english speaking doctor in the town ?

Thank you.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Re: Info on Ayamonte please.

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I am looking for information on banks and health centre in Ayamonte. My spanish is pretty poor and would like to know if there is a recommended bank ( least chrages and hassles) with a person who speaks some english. Also does the health centre/ have an english speaker or an english speaking doctor in the town ?

Thank you.
Try Solbank in town they all speak very good english in there, re the health centre you will need spanish or there is a private doctor which I can dig out a number for which is on bar street, calle medico rey garica....

If you have any questions or need anything else just ask....

Will try and find the post about the private docs...
Old Feb 1st 2012, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I will look at the bank, I would appreciate if you could look for the doctors information. I am hoping to move to town.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Thank you I will look at the bank, I would appreciate if you could look for the doctors information. I am hoping to move to town.
[URL="http://www.sanitas.es/sanitas/seguros/es/particulares/medicosycentros/cuadro-medico-sanitas/medicosgenerales/huelva/ayamonte/63106-8744-Fernández+Fernández,+María+Isabel"]

Bingo.. found it...
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Info on Ayamonte please.

Thank you.
We are both registered at the health center and they do have an English speaking lady doctor we were lucky enough to be registered with. We both have the S1 from UK and that means that consultations and prescriptions are free to Pensionistas. We bank at Solbank where all staff speak English and have a premier account which has minimum charges. The last manger Ignacio was really good and very very helpful. Due to the problems if one of us should depart this mortal coil Kath has an account at Banco Popular and again the lady manager speaks excellent English and is so helpful that it is a pleasure to give them our money. We have a Pensioners account which has low charges but you do have to watch for the odd glich which she puts right instantly. See you around town soon?

PS Doctor is called Magdelana

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 1st 2012 at 8:08 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for such a helpful post I am hoping to move in the coming months if things come together.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

while we are the thread about useful info, I wondered if anyone could tell me about local church services. I tried San Salvador, which I think is the nearest to Costa Esuri, but I couldn't see any notices about the times of services. I tried San Francisco (the one on the back round to the centre) and was told that there was only a service there once a month but as it wasn't the week when I asked, I don't know which week in the month and what time. I know there is a church right in the centre, although don't know any of the times etc. are there any other options?

thanks to anyone who can helpp.
Kath
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with the move, TCW.

Kath and Ted, hope this helps:
http://www.ayamontecofrade.com/modul...index.php?id=9
Please scroll down the page for the winter timetable. Aim for 8pm. If you arrive too early, stop for a coffee.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
while we are the thread about useful info, I wondered if anyone could tell me about local church services. I tried San Salvador, which I think is the nearest to Costa Esuri, but I couldn't see any notices about the times of services. I tried San Francisco (the one on the back round to the centre) and was told that there was only a service there once a month but as it wasn't the week when I asked, I don't know which week in the month and what time. I know there is a church right in the centre, although don't know any of the times etc. are there any other options?

thanks to anyone who can helpp.
Kath
Hi.

I thought Carol might find a page that gave the full SP and now you have it. However it is not absolutely correct but a good guide. The problem as I see it is in company with most places Ayamonte has lots of churches and not enough priests. The most up to date guide to timings used to be posted at the top of the slope alongside St Augustias behind a window facing down the slope. Not looked recently but should stiil be posted there. All churches seem to post notices inside the doors of the porch and then the doors are not always open. The Convent service seems to 100% reliable. This church is up by the Bull Ring. Other churches do seem to be subject to change at short notice due to Priest availability.

We currently attend St Vicente at 12 noon on Sunday or St Augustias at 20.00 on Saturday evening (these are winter timings). We have also managed to track down a Spanish/English Missal to better follow the Spanish however you have to go to Sevilla to get it at the St Paul bookshop.

Kath.

PS St Augustias is the central church just behind Laguna square.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 4th 2012 at 10:12 am.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks very much for this info. I thought El Salvador may be the nearest to CE; where is San Vicente? thanks also for the tip about the missal; certainly seems a good idea and I will keep my eyes open for it.
I also like the idea of a coffee; either before or after.
I will look into this more when we come over later in the month.
Kath
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Thanks very much for this info. I thought El Salvador may be the nearest to CE; where is San Vicente? thanks also for the tip about the missal; certainly seems a good idea and I will keep my eyes open for it.
I also like the idea of a coffee; either before or after.
I will look into this more when we come over later in the month.
Kath
Not quite, the nearest service is in Portugal in the Village of Monte Francisco at the old infants school on the first r/about at 17.00 on Sunday evening.

If you attend St Augustias on Saturday evening then walk down to Plaza Laguna the Passage Cafe is just on your right and John thinks "Pepe" does the best cafe con leche in Ayamonte and the beer is not bad either.

San Vincente is behind Plz Sta Gadea on the way to Isla Canela before you get to the football Stadium. It is on C/ Benavente, you can leave the Avd Alcalde Narciso Martin Navarro at the r/about next to the Law Courts you will find it. There are some nice cafe's on the Plaza for coffee or cola cao after mass.

Kath.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Talking previously of English speaking doctors. I Had to use the medical center last summer. Found a translate app very helpful indeed.