Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Indian takeaway in Ayamonte

Indian takeaway in Ayamonte

Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian takeaway in Ayamonte

Has anyone ordered from the new Indian takeaway the Punjab Palace on Av. Villa Real de Santo Antonio 5. Thinking of trying them tonight.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian takeaway in Ayamonte

Well off to a good start !!!! as the number on the flyer is wrong, after working out the right number the lady speaks good english BUT they do not deliver so I am off to walk along and collect.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:22 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Well off to a good start !!!! as the number on the flyer is wrong, after working out the right number the lady speaks good english BUT they do not deliver so I am off to walk along and collect.
Looking forward to a full culinary review

Hope you enjoyed it....

Jon

PS Can you post the right house + phone number please

PPS Is it called the Punjab Palace - I think this was posted as its name before

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 26th 2012 at 8:25 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hahaha ok here goes...none of us can move

The flyer reads Punjab Indian, Tandoori Restaurante and Bar
Av. Villa Real de Santo António 5
Ayamonte

They have 5 other places inc 2 in Portugal.

Tel. ( correct number ) 667 047 927

One of the ladies speak very good english, the other is also good. 2 very nice ladies indeed. They have not been in Ayamonte long therefore not doing deliveries as yet.

The masalas went down well one lamb one chicken, med hot plenty meat/chicken. Pilao rice was really aromatic and enjoyed. Garlic nans were tasty, the paratha was disappointing as a take away item. Chicken Biryani was delicious, again plenty chicken and med hot. Free item poppadoms and mint yogurt dip hot !

I would go back and eat in.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:36 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Hahaha ok here goes...none of us can move

The flyer reads Punjab Indian, Tandoori Restaurante and Bar
Av. Villa Real de Santo António 5
Ayamonte

They have 5 other places inc 2 in Portugal.

Tel. ( correct number ) 667 047 927

One of the ladies speak very good english, the other is also good. 2 very nice ladies indeed. They have not been in Ayamonte long therefore not doing deliveries as yet.

The masalas went down well one lamb one chicken, med hot plenty meat/chicken. Pilao rice was really aromatic and enjoyed. Garlic nans were tasty, the paratha was disappointing as a take away item. Chicken Biryani was delicious, again plenty chicken and med hot. Free item poppadoms and mint yogurt dip hot !

I would go back and eat in.
YUMMY! It might be the morning but the ol' belly is rumbling! Good to hear that the quality is good, I know the owner a bit, from when he had the weird P-Palace in S-Bartolomeo - in the 'middle of nowhere'. The curry was very good and used fresh herbs from the garden outside.

Tomorrow I go to the UK for our annual 'lads weekend' 4 days. Just did the online check in. With 4 friends that grew up on the same street/block well over 40 years ago (ouch!). We are going to the Isle of Wight this year (have done CE previously)

The UK weekends involve, eating a lot (and the occasional beer (or 7) ) We have full-English's every morning, pub lunches every day and at least 1 curry!

Errrrr..... Oh yes we bring walking boots too (to get to the pub/resto ) Aaaah good ol' Blighty!

Thanks CW for getting me in the mood! Good to hear there is a good take-away in town for those times when only a good ol' Ruby will do! ( I know we are in Spain, but we are talking about a good curry! Hmmmm exceptions can break the rule - in this 'special case' )

Ive been on a diet all week, no alcohol, less than 800 calories a day, to prepare for the belt-busting weekend !

Thanks for the info

Jon

PS You said it wasn't house number 5 in a previous post, on the flyer. Is it near no 5 and easy to find please? I google earth'd it and it seems very easy to find.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Good read thanks hope you have a great time ( sure you do and will)

It is the telephone number that is wrong, a digit too many on the flyer I have.

Easy to find yes, if you know El Limonero, stay on the same side and walk towards the river, right there on the corner is the Punjab Indian.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:55 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

5 of us had the pleasure of a sit in meal at the Punjab last night and I have to say that the food was superb. The menu had almost every dish I know of and the service was prompt and polite as well. The food tasted so fresh, it was better than a lot of curries houses back home, and wasn't that expensive either. You can order each dish medium, medium-hot or if you dare they do it hot as well. Careful what you order though as the portions are pretty big!! Definitely worth a visit
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good to hear, I will treat myself one day soon
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been there four or five times since they opened. The food is excellent even if i was not impressed by the starters. The portions are really big. If you are not big eaters, i would recommend to share the main course. The staff is really nice, either the two waitresses or the boss, in the kitchen. They all speak English.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:06 pm
BE Positive

For curry lovers everywhere...

I had to share this with you that I found on another thread (sound needed - turn it up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnChzXxYvE

and another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxPf...eature=related

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 24th 2012 at 2:10 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
For curry lovers everywhere...

I had to share this with you that I found on another thread (sound needed - turn it up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnChzXxYvE

and another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxPf...eature=related
Only you
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Only you
Thats clever!! A song sung famously by 'The Platters' ......... that you also get at an Indian Resto!

So here is my ode to you, Woodsie

My prayer is to cook a good curry, so at twilight time, whilst heading to my home by the sea on the train I plan my meal, whilst riding on the mainline. I gaze out over the harbour lights and calm myself with the red sails in the sunset hoping to get some sweet inspiration. I hope I have the magic touch as I want to cook for only you as you are one in a million, Woodsie. I cook the rice and with this ring I make a nice tower. I am so occupied by your beauty I forget the curry, it burns and then smoke gets in your eyes. I fear that you'll never know I care, I worry that you think I have a heart of stone, a great pretender as a chef and you'll never know I care. I'm sorry. You know I'd climb the highest mountain for you, I give you my word that you can depend on me and so here I will tell the world. I don't know why but my temptation is to give thanks for this moment as even though we only have rice, we have each other to enjoy September in the rain. After we can talk words of love all night and maybe have a drink and do the beer barrel boogie!!

Happy Birthday

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 24th 2012 at 5:27 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thats clever!! A song sung famously by 'The Platters' ......... that you also get at an Indian Resto!

So here is my ode to you, Woodsie

My prayer is to cook a good curry, so at twilight time, whilst heading to my home by the sea on the train I plan my meal, whilst riding on the mainline. I gaze out over the harbour lights and calm myself with the red sails in the sunset hoping to get some sweet inspiration. I hope I have the magic touch as I want to cook for only you as you are one in a million, Woodsie. I cook the rice and with this ring I make a nice tower. I am so occupied by your beauty I forget the curry, it burns and then smoke gets in your eyes. I fear that you'll never know I care, I worry that you think I have a heart of stone, a great pretender as a chef and you'll never know I care. I'm sorry. You know I'd climb the highest mountain for you, I give you my word that you can depend on me and so here I will tell the world. I don't know why but my temptation is to give thanks for this moment as even though we only have rice, we have each other to enjoy September in the rain. After we can talk words of love all night and maybe have a drink and do the beer barrel boogie!!

Happy Birthday
Jon, you are bonkers, your lovely little ode has given me the best Monday morning I've had in a while. Thank you