Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

importing cars rule change

importing cars rule change

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:17 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default importing cars rule change

Hi

As many of you know, to import a car you need a "Baja de Residencia" from the consulate.

The British Consulate now requires a "padron"; the Padron has been changed to state the date when you first got your padron.

A friend of mine bought the house for holidays in 2003; now they want to live here permanently, as the padron says 2003, they will have to pay the first registration tax

Davexf
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:52 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importing cars rule change

As being on the padron is officially only for people whose permanent home is in Spain I can see the logic of that.

Unfortunately many towns have,for some time, been encouraging holiday home owners to register as it increases the money they get from central government.

It's only a matter of time before the tax man starts chasing up all the people on the padron for Spanish income tax!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:11 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importing cars rule change

Hi

And that may be no bad thing; I firmly believe that the Brits are regarded as "tax avoiders" by the Spanish.

It is one thing to live in "an illegal everywhere" country, but isn't it time for the EU to get the act cleaned up - or have I opened a bag of worms?

Davexf