Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Important guests to visit Seville

Important guests to visit Seville

Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:17 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important guests to visit Seville

http://www.theolivepress.es/news/201...s-and-camilla/

Are you going to make the effort to see Charles & Camilla?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:58 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important guests to visit Seville

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
http://www.theolivepress.es/news/201...s-and-camilla/

Are you going to make the effort to see Charles & Camilla?
Oh yeah, its on my bucket list..............not.

Camilla a bit of an unfortunate name for Spanish people to take in.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Mama_Carol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLFS
Oh yeah, its on my bucket list..............not.

Camilla a bit of an unfortunate name for Spanish people to take in.
At least it is not a rude word (as far as I know)
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Would not even look out of my window to see them.

Rosemary
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Britain will never have a decent society until the whole sad hierarchy ends. The royal family perpetuates, reinforces and ensures that the class system is endemic throughout all parts of our society and until everyone realises the full implications of the divide and rule strategy the freedoms fought for by our forefathers will carry on deteriorating.
Rant over.
Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 15th 2011 at 10:51 am.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:04 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

They are visiting Portugal and Morocco too, says Charles is going to look at "green" projects
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Britain will never have a decent society until the whole sad hierarchy ends. The royal family perpetuates, reinforces and ensures that the class system is endemic throughout all parts of our society and until everyone realises the full implications of the divide and rule strategy the freedoms fought for by our forefathers will carry on deteriorating.
Rant over.
Graham
I kind of agree, but the problem is far deeper than the monarchy in Britain.

Look at the Tory Cabinet, the people there are posher than the monarchy itself (if that's possible). Almost all were born millionairres, went to Eaton etc.

And btw, with the exception of Obama, US politicians are mainly born with a silver spoon in their mouths too. Look at the nepotism that goes on there with idiot sons of Presidents getting elected, and even wives running for the presidency.

In any country who you know is so important. Spain also does very well in this count The posher/richer you are, the more exclusive the group, and the higher the chance that all the good jobs can be shared between you.

What is important is an equal and free education system so that people can move up the social ladder and people can exhange between groups. This is why the £9k a year fees in the UK are so abhorant. In 30 years time we will end up like the US where it costs $50k per year to go to a good uni, which you will need to go to if you want to get the best jobs. Social exclusion at its best!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Britain will never have a decent society until the whole sad hierarchy ends.

So what would you replace it with ?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:52 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Can't stand the sight of them personally.
It's almost like they come from another planet.

Lets hope Kate improves the Royal bloodlines a bit with her Geordie ancestry from the real world.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:59 pm

Replace what? If you mean the royal family then why replace it with anything, a president is not required or desireable and as in the US with that much power not accountable enough . I do not believe in the perfect society or as some believe, Magarert Thatcher for example, that there is no such thing as society. There will naturally always be a hierarchy we are animals after all but if we are, supposedly, of a more sentient nature than other animals surely we should concentrate more on an equal society than one in which less than five percent dictate and the rest of the population are not of any real use other than drudges of whatever kind.
In my life I have worked with people who "know their place" and have told me that I should be the same, it is such a shame that they have had this "knowledge" drummed into them to the point that mentally they cannot conceive of any other type of life. To my way of thinking each generation should be better off than the one before but I regret to say that it appears that the opposite is now happening slowly but inexorably.
Graham
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

In my life I have worked with people who "know their place" and have told me that I should be the same, it is such a shame that they have had this "knowledge" drummed into them to the point that mentally they cannot conceive of any other type of life.
I have never met anyone who thinks like that.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

I have.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:25 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they worked in service
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Short answser no, no interest in the them at all.

Hopefully they will be there when I am not !
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
the people there are posher than the monarchy itself (if that's possible). Almost all were born millionairres, went to Eaton etc.

(SNIPS)

Richer DOES NOT equal posher.

five-word rant over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.