British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ideas-music-artists-spanish-592523/)

spainboy Feb 19th 2009 10:04 am

Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

Hi.
Im starting work tonight in a Hotel basically as a DJ. Because of the time of year there are going to be a few, well 'more mature guests'. Having worked for a lot of years in a Hotel for brits I only have international music.
Ive got all bases covered with music from the 50s-2009 and I also have a heap load of sequence dance tracks(waltzes,Quicksteps etc) just incase I get asked for it. What I don't have is Spanish music. I think the Hotel will have Pasadobles and Rhumbas etc but I need to download an album of mixed artists.

My question is,apart from Julio Inglesias, what Spanish artists do older spanish people like.?Basically a spanish equilvilant of Frank Sinatra,Englebert,etc etc.
Any ideas what I can put on my CD that i'm going to make?:confused:

Dave n Dee Feb 19th 2009 11:55 am

Re: Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

A lot of older spanish like Matt Monro!
I know he did a few songs in spanish!

arko Feb 19th 2009 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by spainboy (Post 7301109)
Hi.
Im starting work tonight in a Hotel basically as a DJ. Because of the time of year there are going to be a few, well 'more mature guests'. Having worked for a lot of years in a Hotel for brits I only have international music.
Ive got all bases covered with music from the 50s-2009 and I also have a heap load of sequence dance tracks(waltzes,Quicksteps etc) just incase I get asked for it. What I don't have is Spanish music. I think the Hotel will have Pasadobles and Rhumbas etc but I need to download an album of mixed artists.

My question is,apart from Julio Inglesias, what Spanish artists do older spanish people like.?Basically a spanish equilvilant of Frank Sinatra,Englebert,etc etc.

Hey Spainboy,

Try downloading the last album of Isabel Pantoja, 'Diez boleros y una cancion de amor' (I think :unsure:) You can't go wrong with the waltzes and pasadobles, and of course all the albums of Julio Iglesias. How about Alejandro Sanz? Everyone likes him and it's what they call 'musica ambiental'. Now, you might not get anyone on the dancefloor with my suggestions so don't come looking for me......

Good luck tonight mate.

spainboy Feb 19th 2009 2:32 pm

cheers for the advise.
Ill have a look now and see what I can get.:thumbsup:

george43 Feb 19th 2009 3:43 pm

You could probably even buy the album.:sneaky:

spainboy Feb 19th 2009 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by george43 (Post 7301944)
You could probably even buy the album.:sneaky:

Who said anything about downloading it for FREE???:blink:

Just because you are downloading an album doesn't mean to say you are getting it for nothing you know. Albums and singles are now online to download legally,(itunes for example) 100% legal.
Im guessing that's what you are implying.

One has to wonder why you thought that in the first place??:zzz:

jdr Feb 19th 2009 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by spainboy (Post 7301958)
Who said anything about downloading it for FREE???:blink:

Just because you are downloading an album doesn't mean to say you are getting it for nothing you know. Albums and singles are now online to download legally,(itunes for example) 100% legal.
Im guessing that's what you are implying.

One has to wonder why you thought that in the first place??:zzz:

My Spanish neighbour thinks this is great. ;-))

jurdyr Feb 19th 2009 8:12 pm

just saw the youtube clip , :rofl::rofl::rofl: slow two dj here in the radio station , there rolling around the place thks jdr

what music you looking for ?

jdr Feb 19th 2009 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by jurdyr (Post 7302614)
just saw the youtube clip , :rofl::rofl::rofl: slow two dj here in the radio station , there rolling around the place thks jdr

what music you looking for ?

That used to be my grand daughters fav, every time she caught me on the computer I had to play it for her. ;-))

Jur Feb 19th 2009 10:39 pm

Have a listen to Jarabe de Palo, Radio Futura or maybe M-Clan. You´d also be surprised how many (older) Spanish will like hits from Beatles, Eagles and Rolling Stones.

jurdyr Feb 21st 2009 4:17 pm

spainboy pm me got 300 gbs off music on hard drive very think from 40 throught to today music

jurdy

jjh Feb 21st 2009 4:56 pm

jdr, that was fantastic. :thumbsup: I´d give you karma if I could but apparently I have to spread it around.

JJ

meauxna Feb 21st 2009 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by spainboy (Post 7301109)

Gipsy Kings usually doesn't fail; everyone loves them!
Pick any of 'em; they're all winners. :)

meauxna Feb 21st 2009 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jjh (Post 7308135)
jdr, that was fantastic. :thumbsup: I´d give you karma if I could but apparently I have to spread it around.

JJ

oh please don't encourage him.. you know that's him dancing in the video, right? :lol::lol:

:wub: hola jdr :)

jdr Feb 22nd 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7308871)
oh please don't encourage him.. you know that's him dancing in the video, right? :lol::lol:

:wub: hola jdr :)

Hola, I am still trying to get my little tummy clean. ;-))