Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

Hi.
Im starting work tonight in a Hotel basically as a DJ. Because of the time of year there are going to be a few, well 'more mature guests'. Having worked for a lot of years in a Hotel for brits I only have international music.
Ive got all bases covered with music from the 50s-2009 and I also have a heap load of sequence dance tracks(waltzes,Quicksteps etc) just incase I get asked for it. What I don't have is Spanish music. I think the Hotel will have Pasadobles and Rhumbas etc but I need to download an album of mixed artists.

My question is,apart from Julio Inglesias, what Spanish artists do older spanish people like.?Basically a spanish equilvilant of Frank Sinatra,Englebert,etc etc.
Any ideas what I can put on my CD that i'm going to make?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ideas of music/Artists for the Spanish

A lot of older spanish like Matt Monro!
I know he did a few songs in spanish!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spainboy
Hi.
Im starting work tonight in a Hotel basically as a DJ. Because of the time of year there are going to be a few, well 'more mature guests'. Having worked for a lot of years in a Hotel for brits I only have international music.
Ive got all bases covered with music from the 50s-2009 and I also have a heap load of sequence dance tracks(waltzes,Quicksteps etc) just incase I get asked for it. What I don't have is Spanish music. I think the Hotel will have Pasadobles and Rhumbas etc but I need to download an album of mixed artists.

My question is,apart from Julio Inglesias, what Spanish artists do older spanish people like.?Basically a spanish equilvilant of Frank Sinatra,Englebert,etc etc.
Hey Spainboy,

Try downloading the last album of Isabel Pantoja, 'Diez boleros y una cancion de amor' (I think ) You can't go wrong with the waltzes and pasadobles, and of course all the albums of Julio Iglesias. How about Alejandro Sanz? Everyone likes him and it's what they call 'musica ambiental'. Now, you might not get anyone on the dancefloor with my suggestions so don't come looking for me......

Good luck tonight mate.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

cheers for the advise.
Ill have a look now and see what I can get.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

You could probably even buy the album.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by george43
You could probably even buy the album.
Who said anything about downloading it for FREE???

Just because you are downloading an album doesn't mean to say you are getting it for nothing you know. Albums and singles are now online to download legally,(itunes for example) 100% legal.
Im guessing that's what you are implying.

One has to wonder why you thought that in the first place??

Last edited by spainboy; Feb 19th 2009 at 3:53 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Who said anything about downloading it for FREE???

Just because you are downloading an album doesn't mean to say you are getting it for nothing you know. Albums and singles are now online to download legally,(itunes for example) 100% legal.
Im guessing that's what you are implying.

One has to wonder why you thought that in the first place??
My Spanish neighbour thinks this is great. ;-))

Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:12 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

just saw the youtube clip , slow two dj here in the radio station , there rolling around the place thks jdr

what music you looking for ?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
just saw the youtube clip , slow two dj here in the radio station , there rolling around the place thks jdr

what music you looking for ?
That used to be my grand daughters fav, every time she caught me on the computer I had to play it for her. ;-))
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:39 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a listen to Jarabe de Palo, Radio Futura or maybe M-Clan. You´d also be surprised how many (older) Spanish will like hits from Beatles, Eagles and Rolling Stones.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:17 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

spainboy pm me got 300 gbs off music on hard drive very think from 40 throught to today music

jurdy
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:56 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

jdr, that was fantastic. I´d give you karma if I could but apparently I have to spread it around.

JJ

Last edited by jjh; Feb 21st 2009 at 5:00 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Gipsy Kings usually doesn't fail; everyone loves them!
Pick any of 'em; they're all winners.

Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
jdr, that was fantastic. I´d give you karma if I could but apparently I have to spread it around.

JJ
oh please don't encourage him.. you know that's him dancing in the video, right?

hola jdr
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by meauxna
oh please don't encourage him.. you know that's him dancing in the video, right?

hola jdr
Hola, I am still trying to get my little tummy clean. ;-))