Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Iceland, Benissa

Iceland, Benissa

Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of
Default Iceland, Benissa

Great to see a big name British supermarket open near us. It's just down from Lidl's (if you're coming from the north of Benissa) on the main road through Benissa.

Was there yesterday and it carries an excellent range of frozen and non-frozen products (in fact half the store is Waitrose).

Price-wise, well dearer than Iceland back home (take the pound price and in most cases double it for the euro price), but that's to be expected. And obviously certain items are on sale locally anyway and cheaper. But for the sheer range of goods - 10,000 items - it was fantastic.

Everyone was walking around going "Oh look, Monster Munch!" or "Oh look! Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puddings!".

Two new Iceland supermarkets at Torrevieja and Los Arqueros will open in 2008.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iceland, Benissa

Originally Posted by Joe King
Great to see a big name British supermarket open near us. It's just down from Lidl's (if you're coming from the north of Benissa) on the main road through Benissa.

Was there yesterday and it carries an excellent range of frozen and non-frozen products (in fact half the store is Waitrose).

Price-wise, well dearer than Iceland back home (take the pound price and in most cases double it for the euro price), but that's to be expected. And obviously certain items are on sale locally anyway and cheaper. But for the sheer range of goods - 10,000 items - it was fantastic.

Everyone was walking around going "Oh look, Monster Munch!" or "Oh look! Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puddings!".

passing that way tomorrow (coming from Javea golf course way) is it easy to find ??? gonna have a nose round
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Yes very easy - it's on the main road through Benissa, Avda Europa. Big Iceland sign. Quite a big supermarket (size of a Mercadona). Car park is underneath (tiny spaces!).

If you are heading north it will be on your right just before Lidl so you'll have to pass it by about 50 yards and go round the roundabout. It's at the north end of Benissa.

It's good because as well as Iceland for frozen foods, it has over 1,000 Waitrose products too.

Last edited by Joe King; Dec 6th 2007 at 8:32 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Yes very easy - it's on the main road through Benissa, Avda Europa. Big Iceland sign. Quite a big supermarket (size of a Mercadona). Car park is underneath (tiny spaces!).

If you are heading north it will be on your right just before Lidl so you'll have to pass it by about 50 yards and go round the roundabout. It's at the north end of Benissa.

It's good because as well as Iceland for frozen foods, it has over 1,000 Waitrose products too.
thanks, found it no problem - what can I say...........WOW

a good variety of products too
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spain
thanks, found it no problem - what can I say...........WOW

a good variety of products too
Glad you found it okay Says he munching into a Tunnocks Teacake!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:34 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We go to the one in Benidorm, near to the indoor market. It's only small but got a good range. We'll take a look at the one in Benissa next time we are out that way

Bookers at Villajoyosa is also brilliant for British food, it's on the N332 so easy to find. We are out in the mountains so don't go very often, I take a long list with me when I go
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna go on Tuesday... I think it might be a mince pie frenzie!

I hope bloody Kerry Catatona isn't there! If so I am leaving!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:38 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles

Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

No sign of Kerry, but plenty of seasonal fayre!

It's open 9am to 8pm and doesn't close in the afternoon.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Give her a slap for me too.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

abrahamsnikki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we live 2 hrs from the new iceland in Benissa and before we make the trip can you give me an idea of the prices, for example if something is 5 pounds in England would it be 8 euros or nearer 10 euros. thanks

Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Can you tell me the motorway junction number, coming rom Benidorm. Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:29 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Abrahamsnikki and welcome to the forum.

Benissa is exit No. 63 off the AP7 toll road.

I'm afraid I can't help regarding prices, as we haven't been yet.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi i noticed that you recently visited iceland, what were the prices like, for example, if something was 5 pounds would it be 8 euros or nearer 10. Did they have lots of stock.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:31 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abrahamsnikki
Hi i noticed that you recently visited iceland, what were the prices like, for example, if something was 5 pounds would it be 8 euros or nearer 10. Did they have lots of stock.
Have you read the 1st post of this thread by Joe King?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.