IBERSWITCH

Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IBERSWITCH

Originally Posted by Fred James
All companies offer a day/night tariff - it's not unique to Iberdrola.

It's almost impossible not to save money on it - we have been on it for 13 years and saved €1000's.
On another thread I've posted about storage heating. Something I thought was out + old fashioned (we had it as a kid) and when I bought my flat here, new, was installed. I wasn't happy initially (had no choice).

But now I'm a convert as the heating at 1/2 price electricity at 'night' is good - then keeping the room warm for the rest of the day. Also a big advantage to me (a bit of an insomniac )is that the room temp is pretty constant 24 hours a day, meaning the whole house/furniture etc gets up to a steady temp and is itself a sort of 'storage rad'. And I can go down anytime watch a bit of TV and be warm 24h a day, because at night heat does 'spill out'. The newer models are much slimmer and have input/output controls etc etc ..... and a wire is easier to install than a pipe.

I would seriously consider this for our place in Spain.

However: Looking at my bills and rounding up/down for ease. And comparing with a friends bill... who has dual.... there's a bit of a catch....

Single tariff is 15c / KWH day or night. I pay this
Dual tariff is half price at 'night' BUT the costs are 20c and 10c / KWH. My friends.

I think the cheap rate goes to about midday, so you could e.g heat on timers and do all your washing, ironing etc in the mornings/night.

With planning I think it would work, but the evening meal (if you use electricity) - TV etc etc needs to be factored in as you pay more.

Fred you've got it sussed as you've saved 000's - but I suggest one needs to think it and plan it out a bit... first.

Jon

PS after all the hullabaloo in the UK about companies doing switching - customers tied into contracts etc etc - I would hesitate to use this Iberswitch, doesnt seem good in the 'waters' - nothing more technical than that... just a gut feel. So I personally wouldn't use it.

PPS my friend told me that the TIMES are the same all year round and that they DONT take into account the summer/winter time, so both may be right... you could find it varies depending on when you are in the year.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 7th 2013 at 9:28 am.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:31 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
So which is it;

Winter
00:00 - 13:00 or
22:00 - 12:00

Summer
23:00 - 12:00 or
23:00 - 13:00

Seems to be some confusion between Fred and amideislas

Do we need to get new meters to make this happen - I presume so.
It may be different in different regions. I may have confused summer and winter times, but those are the times for us - it's one hour difference between summer and winter.

Yes you need a new meter. They have posh new digital ones now, so technically, you don't need an ICP (but unfortunately you are still obliged to have the ICP and pay rental for it).

They will likely charge you about €300 for the meter, and then you have to pay rent for it on top. But you'll save much more than €300, so it's worth it.

Beware they may try to demand a "boletin" which is a document proving your home is "safe" for the change in tariff. It's complete nonsense, and you don't have to do it, but they will try to charge you €200 - €300 for the "inspection" (and nobody ever shows up to inspect anything - it's just a document with a stamp on it). You are not obligated to do it - Just refuse.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
So which is it;

Winter
00:00 - 13:00 or
22:00 - 12:00

Summer
23:00 - 12:00 or
23:00 - 13:00

Seems to be some confusion between Fred and amideislas

Do we need to get new meters to make this happen - I presume so.
The figures I quoted are correct according to Iberdrola

https://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corp...MPASEINFSUMTAR
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
It may be different in different regions. I may have confused summer and winter times, but those are the times for us - it's one hour difference between summer and winter.

Yes you need a new meter. They have posh new digital ones now, so technically, you don't need an ICP (but unfortunately you are still obliged to have the ICP and pay rental for it).

They will likely charge you about €300 for the meter, and then you have to pay rent for it on top. But you'll save much more than €300, so it's worth it.

Beware they may try to demand a "boletin" which is a document proving your home is "safe" for the change in tariff. It's complete nonsense, and you don't have to do it, but they will try to charge you €200 - €300 for the "inspection" (and nobody ever shows up to inspect anything - it's just a document with a stamp on it). You are not obligated to do it - Just refuse.
MY friend with whom I compared bills etc in my previous post just above, got his meter for 10Euro! He's the one that told me that there is no change for summer/winter time so you have to take care.

My friend is a forum member too.... care to reply, mate?

Jon
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: IBERSWITCH

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
MY friend with whom I compared bills etc in my previous post just above, got his meter for 10Euro! He's the one that told me that there is no change for summer/winter time so you have to take care.

Jon
What I mean by there is no change is that on GMT the low cost period is 22.00 hrs to 12..00 noon. the meter stays on that time on its electronic clock and that is when the electricity is cheaper.

In summer we move to BST which means we put our clocks forward by 1 hr so that when the meter clock is on 10 pm my house clocks are on 11 pm. I use mechanical timers on those things that I want to operate in the cheap period such as lighting, pool pump, aerator pump for septic tank etc. We have an electronic timer in the washing which means that we can load the washer and set it to run up to 23 hrs ahead so always in cheap time. We could also put timers on the aircon and other heating units such as towel rails but have not done that as yet.

The change with Endesa to the dual meter was just €10.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:03 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Jon
You're lucky. We were billed €285 for the meter and to add insult to injury, pay something like €2 per month for the "rental" of it.

Then there's the original ICP we were required by law to buy, costing over €300 from Endesa, yet sells for about €25 PVP at Leroy Merlin - plus I pay 10c per day to rent the damned thing on top. Endesa claims they did not "sell" the ICP to me (and the factura reflects this). The €300 was for "installation" of it (taking months for Endesa to organise whilst receiving repeated threats from Endesa to get the ICP installed ASAP or they will cut my supply), which took 10 minutes to actually install when the guy finally showed up, and so therefore, the "rental" fee applies because it is technically owned by Endesa, not me. Right, then.

Ironically, I recently paid a fortune for the posh digital meter which now functions as the ICP, so the mandatory ICP I previously bought and paid for, yet are required to pay 10c per day in rental, amounts to completely useless, wasted money, but pure profit for Endesa, which I am required to pay by law, for no practical reason.

But that's the beauty of the regulated energy business here... Live with it, or invest €30K in solar.

Last edited by amideislas; Feb 7th 2013 at 3:17 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

The off peak period is 14 hours from 10pm to midday. One hour later in Summer.
Thank you Fred.
DSB.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 11:19 am
Just Joined

sidyid is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay clear of Iberswitch, they are as bad as Iberdrolla, I am going back to the Iberdrolla thieves as at least they warn me when they are taking huge amounts from my account, Iberswitch remove the huge amount and then send you a bill 3 weeks later.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

They have tried all sorts of dodgy deals. They were selling some device that was supposed to reduce your bills just by plugging it in and I see they are now selling illegal card sharing TV systems.

Avoid them like the plague.
Yes, they do seem to bit a bit of an Arfur Daley outfit. Certainly not one I'd trust with any of my financial or personal data. Though it's worth reminding people that all methods of watching TV outside of the contracted reception area are equally illegal, whether its CS, streaming, satellite dish or downloading.
Definitely one to avoid.

Last edited by pete_l; Jul 7th 2013 at 8:23 am.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 9:14 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Please, let us not start yet another discussion about the legality of various TV systems - it has been well covered in other threads.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Please, let us not start yet another discussion about the legality of various TV systems - it has been well covered in other threads.
here here!
Old Jul 7th 2013, 11:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Yes, they do seem to bit a bit of an Arfur Daley outfit. Certainly not one I'd trust with any of my financial or personal data. Though it's worth reminding people that all methods of watching TV outside of the contracted reception area are equally illegal, whether its CS, streaming, satellite dish or downloading.
Definitely one to avoid.
WRONG! Nothing illegal about it - just against T&C's.

However, I would recommend every one to stay away from Iberswitch.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Why? what has been your actual experience with them, or is it just bar room talk?
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Why? what has been your actual experience with them, or is it just bar room talk?
Just read the thread - plenty of first hand experience.

They are total scammers. Avoid like the plague.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:00 am
Just Joined

I am the type of person that is always willing to give services a 2nd or 3rd chance but Iberswitch have no customer service to the point of being downright rude and incompetent, they have had their 3rd chance but won't get a 4th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.