IBERSWITCH

Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:20 am
Just Joined

afnetman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IBERSWITCH

I was a customer with Iberswitch and found that they saved me no money at all. In fact it was more expensive for me to be with them as they did not work with the suppliers to get a good rate but just took the basic rates. Additionally they charge you a fee of €4.15 per month to manage your account. You would be better off switching suppliers yourself. I have now notified them to cancel my contract and was able to signup to another supplier with the same electricity basic rate as I was receiving through Iberswitch but with a 10% discount until 15 Jan 2015 and without the €4.15 per month charge. Also the new company recommended that I would be eligible for the Day/Night tariff Where I can save even more money. Goodbye Iberswitch.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:26 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afnetman
I was a customer with Iberswitch and found that they saved me no money at all.
Further confirmation that it's a big con.

They have tried all sorts of dodgy deals. They were selling some device that was supposed to reduce your bills just by plugging it in and I see they are now selling illegal card sharing TV systems.

Avoid them like the plague.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:48 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

We just went back to iberdrola and guess what? Saved money with their day and night tariff.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
We just went back to iberdrola and guess what? Saved money with their day and night tariff.
All companies offer a day/night tariff - it's not unique to Iberdrola.

It's almost impossible not to save money on it - we have been on it for 13 years and saved €1000's.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 3:55 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

But we were on a day and night with iberswich and it was more expensive.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:01 pm

Yes, that's possible because although the basic tariff is government controlled, individual companies can adjust the difference between the peak and off-peak rates slightly.

The other area where there can be differences is in the monthly standing charge. Sometimes they reduce this or agree to fix it for two years just to attract new customers.

However, when you take all this into account there really isn't much to choose between them and you local main supplier still reads the meters so if you have been having a bad time with them not reading the meter and issuing estimates this may remain the same even if you switch.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:13 am
Just Joined

probsagain is an unknown quantity at this point

I have now been with Iberswitch for 2years, 6 months of which was chasing them around to get the switch over. I am now on my 3rd different Electricity supplier all supposedly providing this cheap tariff as promised but not materialized. I have received several estimated bills (which according to Iberswitch is the fault of Iberdrola for not reading the meters), but as of yet have not received any credit.
I have also confronted them with the inaccurate statement on their web site concerning providing 3 monthly savings statements and received the following reply:
"We originally wanted to receive everyone´s bills and turn them into statements showing the savings. However, the powers that be stated that people must receive their own electricity bills directly from the supplier...."
It is all a big CON and lurking in the background is a threat from Iberdrola for back-payment on electricity which Iberswitch state:
"You should expect to receive details from your current electricity company, explaining the additional charges and the billing periods to which they apply. The amount which needs to be paid will be split between your bills from now until 31st December, 2012 in order to comply with article 4 or Order IET/843/2012"
Is this why we are being passed from one company to another???
Avoid them like the plague.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I've recently opened this up in a new thread not knowing this one existed,I'm not happy with Iberswitch and going through this thread it seems most people agree.One post particularly interests me from "aftnetman"joined Sept.2012,he notified Iberswitch to cancel and signed up to a new firm with a10% discount 'till 15th Jan 2015.If he is still around could he tell me what notice he gave to Iberswitch and was the new firm Iberdrola?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

wotsup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by normaneddey
Hello! I've recently opened this up in a new thread not knowing this one existed,I'm not happy with Iberswitch and going through this thread it seems most people agree.One post particularly interests me from "aftnetman"joined Sept.2012,he notified Iberswitch to cancel and signed up to a new firm with a10% discount 'till 15th Jan 2015.If he is still around could he tell me what notice he gave to Iberswitch and was the new firm Iberdrola?
Well I have gone back to Iberdrola and they have set price for a year.
Beware when cancel with Iberswitch, dont forget you are now paying a month in advance for their services??? so time the switch over before the months admin is paid. I went into the Iberdrola office in Guardamar and they couldn't have been more helpful, even suggesting a lower tariff than I went in for. Then as you did with Iberswitch they notify them that you are moving companies. I did however send an email notifying Iberswitch that I was canceling. Beware you may then get bills from whomever the present supplier is with Iberswitch that monies are outstanding ( thats funny coming from them!). When contract was signed at the Iberdrola office I then informed my bank to cancel any payments to Iberswitch/ Cenermed?
I am satisfied with Iberdrola dual tariff and the new updated web page.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wotsup
Well I have gone back to Iberdrola and they have set price for a year.
Beware when cancel with Iberswitch, dont forget you are now paying a month in advance for their services??? so time the switch over before the months admin is paid. I went into the Iberdrola office in Guardamar and they couldn't have been more helpful, even suggesting a lower tariff than I went in for. Then as you did with Iberswitch they notify them that you are moving companies. I did however send an email notifying Iberswitch that I was canceling. Beware you may then get bills from whomever the present supplier is with Iberswitch that monies are outstanding ( thats funny coming from them!). When contract was signed at the Iberdrola office I then informed my bank to cancel any payments to Iberswitch/ Cenermed?
I am satisfied with Iberdrola dual tariff and the new updated web page.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 6th 2013, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to Wotsup for his comments,that was helpful to me, I'll probably end up doing the same.I've tried to contact Iberdrola through e-mail ,but am getting nowhere fast,best thing would be to call in to the office in Torrevieja. I take your point about timing as well.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

May have been answered, but "what hours are considered officially off peak" with Iberdrola ? Thanks.

DSB.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:56 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody should have a peak/off peak contract. It saves a lot.

I believe the hours are the same regardless of the company. In summer (daylight savings time) off-peak tariff is 23:00 to 12:00, in winter it's midnight to 13:00.

We're with Endesa and their off-peak is a little more than half the price of peak tariff. So, we run everything that uses a lot of power during the off-peak tariff (wash machine, dishwasher, water pumps, etc) and it saves €1000's.

Just as an anecdote, Iberdrola visited us last year to assess whether switching would be of any benefit. After assessing our Endesa bills, they said they could only save us about €2 per month.

We didn't switch because the Iberdrola office is 40Km away, while the Endesa office is 3Km away. As it is too oft necessary to visit the office to dispute bills, we decided to stay with Endesa.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:05 am

The off peak period is 14 hours from 10pm to midday. One hour later in Summer.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

So which is it;

Winter
00:00 - 13:00 or
22:00 - 12:00

Summer
23:00 - 12:00 or
23:00 - 13:00

Seems to be some confusion between Fred and amideislas

Do we need to get new meters to make this happen - I presume so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.