Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IBERDROLA BILLINGS

IBERDROLA BILLINGS

Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Heidi Rebecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry IBERDROLA BILLINGS

Hi, has anyone else noticed that Iberdrola is now charging people for their electricity on a monthly basis, instead of bi-monthly as previously?
i have had money taken out of my account for the past 2 months, and not given any notification by Iberdrola that it was changing its billing structure.
surely we as clients have a right to know how and when we will be charged for the service?????????
Heidi xxx
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

prettypolly90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IBERDROLA BILLINGS

That's Spain for you!!!

We are still paying bi-montly, haven't noticed any change yet. But thanx for the warning. Not sure what region you are from, perhaps its just a local thing.

I must admit I'm very slack at checking bank statements but I will keep an eye open.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

I live in Torrevieja. i thought that it must be a national thing as i have friends in Benidorm that have experienced the same thing. i find it very odd that they can just alter the system without notifying their clients!!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread on here last month about it. The Utilities companies have been instructed by the government to issue bills monthly.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

aah, i see. thanks for that. i wasn't aware of the ruling, but it is interesting to know.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

prettypolly90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heidi Rebecca
I live in Torrevieja. i thought that it must be a national thing as i have friends in Benidorm that have experienced the same thing. i find it very odd that they can just alter the system without notifying their clients!!!
I will check with my neighbour, her brother lives in torre, but I think the last post answers your question.

I have just recently returned to the site so am way behind on the latest info.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:08 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Already discussed below but as mentioned its now the Law.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...onthly+billing
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Heidi Rebecca
To be fair, it was plastered all over the national news and press. It wasn't exactly kept a secret.!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:09 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Just had our meter read this morning
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Yes this has now happened to me.

This is what I cant understand. I wonder if anyone can explain this to me.

Normally my Bi monthly bills are between 115 euros and 140 euros depending on the time of the year but in 5 years in this house my bill has never been over 150euros.
My last Bi monthly bill was on the 12th December and so the next one I should be expecting is 12th Feb 2009 however I have just looked on my online banking and a Bill dated 12th January(one month after my last bill) is for 89euros so how the hell have they worked it out to be 89euros? Ive hardly used any electric this month and taken on when I normally use it should be around about half my bi Monthly statement (**between 115 and 140 euros divided by half) so a bill of say 60-65 euros is what I would use a month.

Does this mean to say because 89 euros came out then I would now be paying in excess of 180euros every 2 months on average????

I dont get where they got the figure of charging me 89 euros for one months electric.!!!!!!

ps I live in Benidorm.

Any ideas?

Last edited by spainboy; Jan 16th 2009 at 3:11 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: IBERDROLA BILLINGS

Originally Posted by spainboy
Yes this has now happened to me.

This is what I cant understand. I wonder if anyone can explain this to me.

Normally my Bi monthly bills are between 115 euros and 140 euros depending on the time of the year but in 5 years in this house my bill has never been over 150euros.
My last Bi monthly bill was on the 12th December and so the next one I should be expecting is 12th Feb 2009 however I have just looked on my online banking and a Bill dated 12th January(one month after my last bill) is for 89euros so how the hell have they worked it out to be 89euros? Ive hardly used any electric this month and taken on when I normally use it should be around about half my bi Monthly statement (**between 115 and 140 euros divided by half) so a bill of say 60-65 euros is what I would use a month.

Does this mean to say because 89 euros came out then I would now be paying in excess of 180euros every 2 months on average????

I dont get where they got the figure of charging me 89 euros for one months electric.!!!!!!

ps I live in Benidorm. I have never had a meter reading infact no one here does a meter reading but my bi monthly bill has never been the same. its always more in winter cos i use heaters but to be fair I havent had the need for a heater yet.

Any ideas?
Electricity prices in Spain have gone up even more sharply than UK.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

yeah I heard it was 9% from this month but even at an average of 65euros a month it is only an extra 5 euros 85c.
Fraom this month my bill have risen 25euros for the month, an average of 50 euros for the bi month.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
To be fair, it was plastered all over the national news and press. It wasn't exactly kept a secret.!
They aren't going monthly for everyone.

I own (and rent out) a number of flats in the same building. Some tenants are being billed monthly and others bi-monthly. I asked Ibedrola about this and they said that not everyone was going to monthly billing!

Given that this is a government decision, I can't see how Ibedrola can not bill everyone monthly as required.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

And thet say uk is dear.

My Brother and his wife pay £35 Electric,£35 Gas,£25 water,£18 telephone and internet.
Its over double in Spain!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I asked Ibedrola about this and they said that not everyone was going to monthly billing!

No they are not going to monthly billing for everyone.

If you have more than 10kw contracted then it stays as bi-monthly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.