Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IBEDROLA TARIFA

IBEDROLA TARIFA

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:14 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default IBEDROLA TARIFA

My potencia is 5.5 kW and average consumption circa 500KWh per 2 month billing period. I am on tarifa 2.0A. How can I check that this is the cheapest option for me?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:14 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IBEDROLA TARIFA

With difficulty!

The standard TUR tariff now offered is government controlled (the price only went up 2% in July - far less than the electricity companies wanted).

As a result there are no companies (yet) coming forward to offer anything cheaper - would you want to find new loss making customers?

If you are on a 3 phase, over 10kw supply, then there will probably be better offers, if not now but in the future. We have such a supply and we have just signed up for a new 12 month contract with Endesa for a 7% discount.

Hopefully next year we will get a better offer but for most average users there are no special deals around.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:28 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand Last Resort Supply, the rate for < 10 kW is fixed by the government?

I am with Ibedrola on their 2.0A tariff, whatever that may mean? I appear to be on what Ibedrolla call Green Energy rather than LRS. Details of tariffs do not appear to be on their website. https://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corp...ENWEBCLIHOGELE

Anyway, my bill seems pretty high and I wonder how that compares with yours?

We are in Alicante on single phase @ 5.5 kW. Our last bill was 93,76€ for 480 kWh

I have sent an e mail to Ibedrola asking them to confirm that I am on their lowest available tariff.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All the rates went up on July 1st.

Like you I cannot find the latest tariffs on the Iberdrola site but taking the tariffs from the Endesa site, what you are paying for (I assume) one month, seems about right - possibly a little higher than the Endesa rates.

We use a lot more than you do but we are on a the "off peak" tariff which reduces the price per unit.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:00 pm
Started off with nothing

Thumbs up Re: IBEDROLA TARIFA

Thanks for the confirmation. I shall have to look elsewhere to ecconomise.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

This is the first time I've heard about being allocated a certain tariff to each household & you will be fined if you use above that voltage. How can you tell how many watts one has been allocated?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:30 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
This is the first time I've heard about being allocated a certain tariff to each household & you will be fined if you use above that voltage. How can you tell how many watts one has been allocated?
AFIK you apply for a voltage kW (potentia) and are charged usage kWh (consumada) according to your tarrif.
Assuming you are with Ibedrola? You can ask [email protected] they gave me a prompt response.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:56 pm

Every contract limits you to how much power you can draw at the same time. This is shown on your bill as "Potencia Contractada" and it is in Kw.

You pay a standing charge of about 1.5 cents for each Kw per month - so if you have a typical 5.5kw supply you will pay about €8 per month as a standing charge (plus taxes).

You cannot exceed this power as the fuse will trip and the whole house power will be cut off until you reset the trip. There are no fines for this, just the inconvenience.

There is an excess usage "fine" if you exceed a total of 500 units in one month. Any units used above this are hit by a 25% surcharge. I understand that this may well be removed soon.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by missile
AFIK you apply for a voltage kW (potentia) and are charged usage kWh (consumada) according to your tarrif.
Assuming you are with Ibedrola? You can ask [email protected] they gave me a prompt response.
Thanks missile. I don't know yet till my villa is completed next year.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:02 pm
Started off with nothing

Thanks missile. I don't know yet till my villa is completed next year.
You might want to check what the developer is installing on your behalf. Most seem to put in a 3.5kW supply and in my experience this will blow if you put on say a kettle and and toaster at the same time.

I am pleased that you will be joining us and hope you enjoy your villa
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks a lot all of you pointing this out to me. I've to find this out. It's ridiculous that they put a limit on it. This is the 1st time I've ever heard of.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:15 pm

It's ridiculous that they put a limit on it.
It's not ridiculous at all. If you want more power you can ask for it and pay a slightly higher monthly charge.

The reason most developers install the lower rating is because many properties are only used as holiday homes and have a low power requirement and the owners want a lower monthly bill.

If you want a higher rating just as the builder to apply for a bigger fuse when they connect up the supply.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Surely you've to pay for what you use & there's not need to put a limit on it.
I didn't realize that there's a different charge for different usage. In a way I suppose it's good for those who have a low usage & will pay at a lower rate.

What sort of voltage is required for a normal everyday use ie, with a fridge freezer running daily, weekly washer & dryer use, everyday 4 to 5 hrs internet use, everyday shower & cooking, air con for the winter mths, may be some summer mths too etc. for 1 to 3 people living in a villa?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:54 pm
Started off with nothing

IMHO it is a good system offering power at a lower cost to low users where the tariff is controled by government.

IMHO the spanish system is fairer than in the UK, particularly so for those on low income. There is a lower tariff for those who qualify for social allowance.

I would suggest 5.5kW would be the minimum for your needs.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by missile
IMHO it is a good system offering power at a lower cost to low users where the tariff is controled by government.

IMHO the spanish system is fairer than in the UK, particularly so for those on low income. There is a lower tariff for those who qualify for social allowance.

I would suggest 5.5kW would be the minimum for your needs.
I would agree with that.

However, if you are looking at the various options, you will find that the old 3.3, 5.5, 8.8 kw potencia options no longer apply.

What actually determines the contracted potencia is the amperage rating on the fuse they fit.

For the "old" 5.5 kw supply you will find that you have a 25amp fuse. Based on a voltage of 220v this gives a wattage of 5.5kw. Now that the EU has harmonised on a supply of 230v the calculation is different and that same 40amp fuse is now rated at 5.75kw. Similarly the old 8.8kw supply used a 40amp fuse. Now at 230v that is rated at 9.2 kw.

OK - so what - well the difference means that they can charge the monthly standing charge at a higher rate than before when nothing has actually changed - the actual voltage certainly hasn't!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.