Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I now know what I am worth ........

I now know what I am worth ........

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default I now know what I am worth ........

OH went to the local Spar shop to buy me a present last night.

He had decided that I deserved a new paint brush so that I do a good job on the walls. It cost 3.30 euros so I now know what I am worth.

Rossemary
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I now know what I am worth ........

How romantic........
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
How romantic........

Exactly what I thought and then he added insult to injury by telling me that he had shown it to the butcher and told him that I am much better at painting than he is. Compliment but fueled with the GIFT so not really apreciated by me.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:21 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

My stepdad did somthing similar to my mum when I was younger, bought her a new hoover for her birthday
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
My stepdad did somthing similar to my mum when I was younger, bought her a new hoover for her birthday
I think all men do that.........they think we'd like something practical............just cos they do!

when will they ever start to understand us?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:53 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh i got an iron once - he told me it was the top of the range couldnt get any betta - so i suggested he learn how to use it or he'd be wearing it - his reply was "i thought youd be pleased" - of course i was it was a very romantic gesture - wheres the spade???
Sam
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:24 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Oddities

He had decided that I deserved a new paint brush so that I do a good job on the walls. It cost 3.30 euros so I now know what I am worth.

Rossemary
Typical bloody man!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:25 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Yeh i got an iron once - he told me it was the top of the range couldnt get any betta - so i suggested he learn how to use it or he'd be wearing it - his reply was "i thought youd be pleased" - of course i was it was a very romantic gesture - wheres the spade???
Sam
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rossemary

Ive had a new paint roller AND an electrical screwdriver for my toolbox !!!!!

men are so funny at times
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:17 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Oh yes I would just love some of those things as a pressie, NOT......but my daughter gave Oh a veggie steamer a few Christmases ago, just put it amongst the boot sale stuff as it has not been used, he was so disgusted with it he shoved it in the loft, not that he told daughter that. They don't like it so why should we. Mind you he knows that he too would be wearing whatever he bought if it was an iron or pots and pans etc. Mind you i think daughter may have been trying to say that his cooking is better than mine, which i openly admit, just to keep his self esteem of course!!!
Luv Eve,
PS just popped in to cool down, actually sunny and hot here, can't believe it, so won't be on here for long incase summer finishes.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My mother used to buy my dad practical gifts like gardening tools, but she stopped after a few years, as he just opened them, and said.. ohh thanks.. and never mentioned them any more, I used to buy him a bottle of Whisky, now that WAS appreciated, think my mother took the hint. However my ex wife took the biscuit, by giving BACK to the giver a present she had been given a while before, saying ohh.. you'd better have this, I know it's your sort of thing, but I was given it and it's not my sort of thing. I DID warn her she was giving it back to the giver, but she said no she wasn't, so I just let her do it.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:34 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

welll for both my birthday and valentines day I got a bathroom sinks, Nice ones but sinks all the same. I was told the other day "Hey for my birthday can you get me an Ipod" my reply was well what about some taps for those sinks. Well the reply was " It is my birthday" LOL
He will be having a practical gift and that is that .
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:39 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

My friends 50th birthday coming up,her hub confided that he has bought her a dishwasher
she will be thrilled
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by gallerie9
welll for both my birthday and valentines day I got a bathroom sinks, Nice ones but sinks all the same. I was told the other day "Hey for my birthday can you get me an Ipod" my reply was well what about some taps for those sinks. Well the reply was " It is my birthday" LOL
He will be having a practical gift and that is that .
Hey hold on taps for his birthday....surely you should be buying him the drainage system for the sinks, taps are far to decorative an item!!!!!!!

So come get really sensible with your money do not throw it away on niceties.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:19 pm

Update on the 3.30 euro brush. It did not make the paint do any further and we had to buy a 3/4 litre pot to finish off the hallway. So I got taken out to the local DIY store this afternoon.

Really exciting stuff this do you not think???????

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.