Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT.......

I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT.......

Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:35 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT.......

I am hosting Christmas dinner this year,I'v been right organised,the table is set,the shopping done,everyone arriving tonight until Boxing Day,two huge legs of lamb to cook along with all the rest of the trimmings and whats happened the bloody cooker has broke last night whilst cooking dinner it could only happen to me,this is the first time in ten years I have hosted the dinner and wanted it to be extra special has this may be our last Xmas here,oh dear................looking on the bright side it is also my tenth wedding aniversary today and my Andy's bought me a extra special prezzie.......... I'm not going to allow myself to get stressed,I'm not you know if the worse comes to the worse I will have to go to my daughters in the morning cook the meat etc. and fetch it back here........not quite the same though hey

HAVE A WONDERFULL XMAS EVERYONE
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:04 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT.......

Merry Christmas Jean,
Poor you, but you sound like an organised sort of girl I am sure you will pull a masterpiece of a meal out of the hat. And what is your extra special prezzie, do you know, have you opened it yet? Nosey aren't I but I am sure everyone else will want to know too.
All organised here, Gordon will prep the turkey etc later and then we are out tonight, lovely little country pub with friends, with the church on the village green for those who want midnight service.
Regardless of all your trials and tribs of today without a cooker, try and have a very merry Christmas.
Take care, luv to Andy and george too, Hugo sends his woofs all the way from Spain.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:11 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Make sure you haven`t accidently set the auto function if your cooker has a clock or timer.

If auto is on no lights will come on inside oven, nor will it heat or any fans will come on.

You`ll know if its in manuel because you should have a symbol that looks like a u with steam coming out the top, if you don`t then you may have put or the kids may have put it into auto mode.

Auto mode allows you to set up the oven temp and function, but keeps functions off until the time you set arrives and it then starts cooking.

You`d be amazed how many times people do this at this time of the year.

Good luck
Old Dec 24th 2007, 12:32 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Eve and Lee8, you are so right Eve I would of managed and the dinner would be served,it takes a bit more than the cooker breaking down to put me in a panic,I had planned to drive to my daughters cook the meat etc. then fetch it back here anyway no need Andy phoned around and got a man out ,I didn't think we would today,anyway its fixed and only cost forty quid I'm all organised and raring to go,the family are arriving this aft. so taking time out to be on here before the madness commences

I received a gold watch for our anniversary really nice surprise.

Have a great Xmas,love to you all.......
Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed! I know just how you felt - once I got back from holiday on Xmas Eve, got some last minute shopping in from the supermarket on the way home, then went home to sleep off the jet lag. We had a friend who had been on holiday with us staying on for Xmas, and on Xmas day I put the dinner in the oven, went and sat down with a drink and went back to the kitchen after an hour or so to find the oven stone cold - it was broken and no chance of getting it fixed on Xmas day! I really canĀ“t remember what we ate, beans on toast probably, just had a few more glasses of wine to compensate.

Have a good one everybody, no more disasters for anyone I hope.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jean

Well, you managed to keep very calm and sort that minor disaster out very quickly.
Andy did well to find a man who would come out today................and I'm sure the man himself was very pleased to have helped you out of a tight spot - what with it being the season of goodwill and all
Am so pleased that everything is back on track for a lovely family meal and get together.
Hope you all have a wonderful time!
Many congratulations on your Anniversary too (nice pressie!)

Sending love and hugs to you and yours,
from Sam, Keith and Shiloh xxx

PS I have sent you an e-card; hope you get a chance to see it sometime soon-ish. FINALLY managed to return your e-mail!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 6:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just keeping fingers crossed that the NEW one keeps working.....
Have a good Christmas.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:01 am
Young at heart

Sam , thanks so much, the meat is in the oven I have not had chance to look at my mail yet,I will wait untill after lunch when everyone falls asleep I hope lol.........Mathew was awake from four this morning but did not get us all up until seven,all the family is here,mad house at the mo.

Wishing you Keith and Shiloh all the very best

Love and Best Wishes xxx

Jean and family