Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I go a strange phone call!

I go a strange phone call!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:25 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I go a strange phone call!

Yesterday I got a phone call from Telefonica asking me to meet one of their employees at the golf club house tonight at 8pm I cant understand why I have to meet Telefonica there Has anyone else had strange dealings with them like this? OH will definately be with me when I meet them.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I go a strange phone call!

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Yesterday I got a phone call from Telefonica asking me to meet one of their employees at the golf club house tonight at 8pm I cant understand why I have to meet Telefonica there Has anyone else had strange dealings with them like this? OH will definately be with me when I meet them.

Sounds like a stalker to me......be careful it may be a ploy to get you out of the house and you may be burgled whilst you are out. Make sure you lock=up nice and secure if you go.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:33 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'd be real careful if I were you.

Why not call telefonica and find out if there is anything on their system regarding a meeting.

Be really cautious please.

Lately I've been receiving lots of phone calls from telefonica....supposedly.... about sending out technicians, etc. when there is no problem. I just tell them I don't need one and that's the end of that.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:34 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I got a phone call from Telefonica asking me to meet one of their employees at the golf club house tonight at 8pm I cant understand why I have to meet Telefonica there Has anyone else had strange dealings with them like this? OH will definitely be with me when I meet them.
I would NOT go,sounds extremely dubious to me..DONT GO ........
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that it is definitely not Telefonica and I would not go personally. My OH said that he would 'not entertain it'.

Take care.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:43 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jandy44
Agree with the posts above. This does not sound like an official Telefonica call and, if it were me, I would definitely NOT go.

Telefonica will try and sell you things over the phone and may on occassion send an employee to your house. I would doubt very much they would ask you to attend a meeting at a golf club.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
What Jandy said.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:03 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Damn, maybe next time I'll pretend to be a gestoria or something
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly with the difficulty we all have trying to get Telefonica to do anything, the possibility of one of them inviting you to join them at a golf club is, well, unlikely to say the least.

For sure don't go and keep extra vigilant tonight. I would also ring TF and tell them
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Take the security guard with you and he can try out his new stick on him. lol
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:58 pm

Youve all got me really frightened now

The only reason I had to believe it is that two of my neighbours have phoned Telefonica to arrange phone line and ADSL installation from my house. They gave Telefonica my details to get them connected while they were not here. But, having said that telefonica have always found the houses to connect them and never asked me to meet them anywhere. I think I will give them a call to check.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:15 pm

Ive just put the phone down from Telefonica. The woman said that this does sometimes happen if its a parcel and they cant find the house. So my only guess is that its one of the neighbours ADSL modems.

There has been a golf society match today so the club house will be busy, so I should be ok (fingers crossed).
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:18 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Youve all got me really frightened now

The only reason I had to believe it is that two of my neighbours have phoned Telefonica to arrange phone line and ADSL installation from my house. They gave Telefonica my details to get them connected while they were not here. But, having said that telefonica have always found the houses to connect them and never asked me to meet them anywhere. I think I will give them a call to check.
I would most definitely call Telefonica and ask them to meet you at your house,if it turns out they do want to meet you.........[SIZE="4"]RISKY[/SIZE] do not take any risks
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just put the phone down from Telefonica. The woman said that this does sometimes happen if its a parcel and they cant find the house. So my only guess is that its one of the neighbours ADSL modems.

There has been a golf society match today so the club house will be busy, so I should be ok (fingers crossed).
Still not comfortable for you but how about one of the neighbours who ordered ADSL going with you and OH staying at home in your house so that covers most of peoples concerns.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Still not comfortable for you but how about one of the neighbours who ordered ADSL going with you and OH staying at home in your house so that covers most of peoples concerns.

Rosemary
Sam

this sounds really, really dodgy.....be careful.
Sally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.