Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"I DO NOT BELIEVE IT"

"I DO NOT BELIEVE IT"

Old May 26th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy "I DO NOT BELIEVE IT"

Anybody who lives in Chiclana should try this one its a real eye opener.

Go into 5 estate agents with shops in Chiclana and say you would like to buy a legal urbanized house. In three estate agents be met with a blank look and the words no. In the other two they had one each, the same one!!

I really do think it is time that people should start questioning why it is that you can buy a detached house in this area on its own plot for less than 180.000 euros. These words sum it all up for me "you get what you pay for".

It is a sad fact that many have the romantic notion of living in Spain and for many their dreams are realised but so many others fall foul and sadly will no doubt have to deal with the consequences in the future..
Old May 26th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "I DO NOT BELIEVE IT"

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Anybody who lives in Chiclana should try this one its a real eye opener.

Go into 5 estate agents with shops in Chiclana and say you would like to buy a legal urbanized house. In three estate agents be met with a blank look and the words no. In the other two they had one each, the same one!!

I really do think it is time that people should start questioning why it is that you can buy a detached house in this area on its own plot for less than 180.000 euros. These words sum it all up for me "you get what you pay for".

It is a sad fact that many have the romantic notion of living in Spain and for many their dreams are realised but so many others fall foul and sadly will no doubt have to deal with the consequences in the future..
Well start denouncing some of these bad guys, get the local english paper to write articles etc. The more it is in the public domain the more some one might do something about it. Bad publicity most people don't like......so start making a racket. Failing that say you have Russian connections, and frighten them,

Last edited by Mercedes; May 26th 2005 at 4:57 pm.
Old May 26th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Well start denouncing some of these bad guys, get the local english paper to write articles etc. The more it is in the public domain the more some one might do something about it. Bad publicity most people don't like......so start making a racket. Failing that say you have Russian connections, and frighten them,
Serious consideration will be given to your suggestions.

It is really about time that the Spanish government started to take control of the situation, if the local Town Hall is unable or unwilling to!!
Old May 27th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The Junta de Andaluc�*a is attempting to take responsibility for issuing building licences away from local authorities but are obviously being met with resistance.

That should read Andalucia with an accent over the i!