Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A huge thanks to our Mitz.

A huge thanks to our Mitz.

Old May 26th 2014, 7:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default A huge thanks to our Mitz.

Right, no one else is gonna do it so I will. Our very own Mitzy has decided to step down as a Mod obviously and it's gone by almost unnoticed so I just thought I'd post a thread to say thanks. Some might not have liked his Modding, others may have felt he is too harsh/easy/whatever else but for as long as I've been on this site he has been a Mod and I know Mitzy away from here and I also know he has given a lot to the site and sometimes in the face of some really shitty times in his life so I'm going to say it.

Thanks Mitzy, thanks for the time and effort you've put into BE, thanks for putting up with my bollocks for so long, the even handed ness you've shown even if others have thought there was a bias, they don't see the messages.... The Mods job ain't an easy one and I know it's just pixels and all that crap but it's still a community and without you guys it's nothing.

Cheers mate and all the best for the future, whatever it has in stall for you.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:11 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A huge thanks to out Mitz.

^
^
^

What he said.

I'm glad Mitz seems to be sticking around as a member.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Right, no one else is gonna do it so I will. Our very own Mitzy has decided to step down as a Mod obviously and it's gone by almost unnoticed so I just thought I'd post a thread to say thanks. Some might not have liked his Modding, others may have felt he is too harsh/easy/whatever else but for as long as I've been on this site he has been a Mod and I know Mitzy away from here and I also know he has given a lot to the site and sometimes in the face of some really shitty times in his life so I'm going to say it.

Thanks Mitzy, thanks for the time and effort you've put into BE, thanks for putting up with my bollocks for so long, the even handed ness you've shown even if others have thought there was a bias, they don't see the messages.... The Mods job ain't an easy one and I know it's just pixels and all that crap but it's still a community and without you guys it's nothing.

Cheers mate and all the best for the future, whatever it has in stall for you.
I'll second that.

Many thanks for your endless patience Mitzy and all the best.
Old May 26th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

And it's thanks from me too!
Old May 26th 2014, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A huge thanks to our Mitz.

Mitzy, thank you so much for all you have done for the site. Even in difficult times you have shown restraint, where others would have gone ballistic! I admired your evenhandedness from afar.
Well done to you and I hope you remain with us on the forum and allow yourself the indulgence to give us a pasting every now and then You have earned the privilege, now go and ruffle a few feathers
Old May 26th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks Mitzy
Old May 26th 2014, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Have a happy retirement Mitzy.
Old May 27th 2014, 12:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Err ... thank you for the thoughts, my aim was to float away unnoticed
I wont go into the reasons for me giving up, but I think a few of you can probably guess

It's been an interesting 8 years, a rollercoaster of human emotions
Old May 27th 2014, 6:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I wont go into the reasons for me giving up, but I think a few of you can probably guess

I am so glad that you have not been able to slink away without people commenting. Your moderation has always been extremely fair, giving people a chance to put things right, a chance to change their attitude and encouraging the members on BE to be helpful and thoughtful to others. However I believe that above all of that you have encouraged members to enjoy the forum, to keep in contact with each other, to make the forum community part of their lives.

Having met you at a couple of BE meet ups and also quite a few social functions I know that you are a genuinely pleasant person. Good luck with whatever you do in your leisure time. Thanks for being there for me.

Rosemary
Old May 27th 2014, 7:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Well, I for one, think you did one hell of a job, and wish you well in your retirement, good luck.
Old May 27th 2014, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

To whom it may concern :

I have known Mitzyboy as moderator on and off on various forums over the last 10 years. I have always found his impeccable handling of delicate situations, with finesse and humour to be a hallmark of his character.

I have no hesitation in recommending him to you in his new moderating post on your forum.

Sincerely,

two tubes of toothpaste.

Old May 27th 2014, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mitzy for sharing your photos and for keeping us .
Old May 27th 2014, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Mitzy, I should think this is one of the most difficult forums to moderate, and you have done a brilliant job. Happy retirement from the role.
Old May 27th 2014, 9:42 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were just having an off week, didn't think you were really going and I'm sorry to see you step down. Now you've retired from your virtual job, did you get to keep the virtual company car?
Old May 27th 2014, 1:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't spend much time in Spain, but the part that I am in is particularly contentious sometimes and I always appreciated his patience.

Modding is largely a thankless job, so thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.