Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How sad are these people?

How sad are these people?

Old Aug 18th 2022, 9:06 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default How sad are these people?

How sad: Another Day, Another Rush for the Sunbeds | Watch (msn.com)
Old Aug 18th 2022, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How sad are these people?

How is that even a holiday and why oh why cannot people video in landscape!
Old Aug 18th 2022, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Madness ….. If I arrived at a hotel like that I’d be straight out again !
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

In the old days there was the stereotypical German who would place towels on the sunbeds the night before and turn up whenever they pleased the next day expecting to get the seat.

Its why these entry gates were installed IMO...

Of course its created this new problem.

I remember that there was a funny advert for Carling beer (with super talented people or animals doing super cool stuff... With onlookers saying " I bet he/she drinks Carling")

The cool guy arrives with a rolled towel seeing the rush to the loungers, and throws his towel at the pool, the Dambusters music starts, the towel bounces several times on the water, then lands on a lounger to beat the throng!

"I bet he drinks Carling" says an onlooker.

Sadly, IMO, the advert was withdrawn due to cultural sensitivity. Like certain episodes of Fawlty Towers...

Note: I didn't mention the war!!

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 19th 2022 at 6:18 am.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

We went on an all inclusive many years ago to Turkey (not my choice my daughter worked as a travel agent and we got the week including flights for £35).
Anyway we were in a room overlooking one of the three pools and at 6am all the Germans came down and put their towels out. At 6.30 the staff came along and bundled them all up and put them in a pile by the bar.
The arguments were impressive and very loud and to make it even funnier there was a large sign saying no towels on sunbeds in about 8 languages...
On another note the Russians all reserved tables in the buffet restaurant as close to the kitchen as they could.

Old Aug 19th 2022, 12:30 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
We went on an all inclusive many years ago to Turkey (not my choice my daughter worked as a travel agent and we got the week including flights for £35).
Anyway we were in a room overlooking one of the three pools and at 6am all the Germans came down and put their towels out. At 6.30 the staff came along and bundled them all up and put them in a pile by the bar.
The arguments were impressive and very loud and to make it even funnier there was a large sign saying no towels on sunbeds in about 8 languages...
On another note the Russians all reserved tables in the buffet restaurant as close to the kitchen as they could.
In my Carling post, 2 ago, I forgot to mention that when the towel hit the chair it unrolled and had a Union Jack on it.....

Many years ago, when reserving seats was not banned ... My friend was so annoyed about it that he actually waited till they had left, after placing the towels. He went there and threw them all in the pool.

I said to him that it was going too far, as the staff had to fish out the towels, putting work on them. Also it was a hint of vandalism.. which he would normally never do...

He grudgingly agreed but promised me that he would think of something different...

A couple of days later the Germans arrived to find all their towels, nice and dry..... But on different chairs (at the back)... And the couples' towels separated on seats well apart!!

​​​​​​Some people get really bugged about this stuff.... !!!
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 19th 2022 at 12:33 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is no longer just a German or British thing. A few weeks ago here in Spain we spent a few days at a lovely rural hotel with a great pool and pool area well equipped with sun beds. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel as it was the local Feria. Most guests were Spanish with some but not many Germans French etc. Every morning we got up and most of the sunbeds had towels on them but no one used them until after around 11 am.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

We visited Tenerife last month and our hotel guaranteed a sun lounger for every person. There was a huge basket of towels so you just helped yourself. Even with this level of service you still had to go and ask for towels because some of the more selfish guests decided they needed 3 or 4 towels each. They were the same guests drunk by lunchtime who complained about everything and were convinced the bottled water was causing their upset stomachs and absolutely couldn't have been the combination of alcohol, dehydration and sunburn.
They were mostly Brits from the country that wants independence. <<Not having a dig, I'm part Scottish.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 1:49 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bobd22
I think it is no longer just a German or British thing. A few weeks ago here in Spain we spent a few days at a lovely rural hotel with a great pool and pool area well equipped with sun beds. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel as it was the local Feria. Most guests were Spanish with some but not many Germans French etc. Every morning we got up and most of the sunbeds had towels on them but no one used them until after around 11 am.
You are totally right....

Its why I have talked about e.g 'the old days'.... "Many years ago" in each post...

In those days there was a lot of talk about Germans reserving seats, so much so that Carling did a great ad about it.

Sadly based in the OP's video so many are doing it now!!!!

Jon
Old Aug 19th 2022, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

You are right and even when it comes to politeness, it's not always British or German who are rude. I was walking along the coast today and the path was very narrow in parts. This was actually a wider part and up further it's very narrow and steep as you can see in third picture (no fence). It was often Spanish and other nationalties that marched along nearly knocking others. There were quite a few British and Germans who always stopped and were very polite.

Last edited by Moses2013; Aug 19th 2022 at 8:12 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Xisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud of

I was surprised to see the same scenario being played out with the sun loungers in Las Vegas.What was particularly annoying was that a couple of women had placed a books/magazines on the towels and never returned all day.Infuriating,
Old Aug 20th 2022, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
You are right and even when it comes to politeness, it's not always British or German who are rude. I was walking along the coast today and the path was very narrow in parts. This was actually a wider part and up further it's very narrow and steep as you can see in third picture (no fence). It was often Spanish and other nationalties that marched along nearly knocking others. There were quite a few British and Germans who always stopped and were very polite.

As always there are good and bad from all nationalities. Your walk looks very nice by the way
Old Aug 20th 2022, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I had an episode of this sunbed covering some years ago and what would happen in someone from a family would come out early, way before breakfast, then bag two, three or four beds. They'd then go for their breakfast. During the first half hour or so of breakfast there was nobody by the sunbeds as usually they were now virtually all full.
I found a nice pair, picked up the towels and deposited them on another bed that also had towels, but put them on yet another bed, then moved them, if you get what I mean. I moved a dozen or more sets of towels to different beds.
As wrong as it may be, after breakfast, watching people looking confused as to where their towels now were was quite amusing. They still had their own sunbeds, but not quite where they thought they had.
Old Aug 20th 2022, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
I had an episode of this sunbed covering some years ago and what would happen in someone from a family would come out early, way before breakfast, then bag two, three or four beds. They'd then go for their breakfast. During the first half hour or so of breakfast there was nobody by the sunbeds as usually they were now virtually all full.
I found a nice pair, picked up the towels and deposited them on another bed that also had towels, but put them on yet another bed, then moved them, if you get what I mean. I moved a dozen or more sets of towels to different beds.
As wrong as it may be, after breakfast, watching people looking confused as to where their towels now were was quite amusing. They still had their own sunbeds, but not quite where they thought they had.
Lucky you didn’t end up in the pool 😂
Old Aug 20th 2022, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

As always there are good and bad from all nationalities. Your walk looks very nice by the way
Cheers and was a lovely day for it too. Sometimes I do feel the world is dumbing down and it be it the sunbeds, how we treat the planet and each other, people are people unfortunately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.