Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how much to fly dog to spain

how much to fly dog to spain

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future
Question how much to fly dog to spain

hi anyone know how much to fly small dog to malaga airport
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future
Question Re: how much to fly dog to spain

forgot to say from uk airport
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:37 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much to fly dog to spain

Originally Posted by happybunny
forgot to say from uk airport
Don't know about prices, but if you use Iberia (or a couple of others) your doggie can sit on your lap instead of going in the hold.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that, couldnt bear to leave her behind poor dog, i was just thinking when i move i dont think i will bring much things from uk so i will probably not need to drive over. and plus what would i drive over in.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Don't know about prices, but if you use Iberia (or a couple of others) your doggie can sit on your lap instead of going in the hold.
What about if you have this dog??
Attached Thumbnails how much to fly dog to spain-worlds_biggest_dog.jpg  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:16 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
What about if you have this dog??
Then you sit on his lap.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Use the search, there have been loads of threads on it .
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:55 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Then you sit on his lap.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:59 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

You can see my dog in the picture, it cost £385 to fly him. I wouldnt recommend it though, if I did it again I would drive him over!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Is that correct from the UK? I know that they can from other EU countries, but with the checks etc needed to fly out an animal from the UK, and the regulations, then I suspect it may not apply.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that folks will check it out see how much they quote me
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

cerrillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: how much to fly dog to spain

Hi, I flew my small dog out with British Airways from Heathrow to Malaga, I must say it was four years ago now. I had bought the correct box for himat a pet shop - the cost of flying him was purely on weight. Initially BA quoted me £14 a kilo, next phone call it was £14 a Kilo plus 150 US dollars handing charge!!!!!!! I then made another phone call just to query stickers for box explained to the girl what I had been told she informed me everything I had been told was wrong - correct info is as going to Europe it is £7 a kilo and as he was going to Malaga which is on GB airways a franchise of BA, GB do NOT charge 150 US dollars handling!!!.

When I got to Heathrow the lady at the check in desk said about the 150 USD - I informed her that as it was GB airways to Malaga they did not charge it - she went off to check and came back and said I was correct - my dog and box were then weighed and it cost me £79.99. In her confusion over this she also forgot to charge me excess baggage. If I had not known about this USD (why USD is beyond me) I would have ended up paying more.

I cant remember the figure exactly but it was definitely £79 quidish - total weight dog and box 11 something kilos.

He was fine in the hold on the plane - and had a glint in his eye - there was another small dog also on the plane which I think must have been a bitch!!!!

I must say thought he was used to being crated - so get your box from a pet shop early - make is Petmate VariKennel - cost about £40 or so depends on size and take dog with you to try out - do get your dog used to the box at least a few weeks before.

Like I say it was nearly four years ago so costs may have changed a bit - and at that time (dont know about now) my dog in his box came out on the carousel with the luggage (I had been warned this might happen so was ready) however an absolutely gorgeous hunk helped me lift the crate off but I was so engrossed in mummy's little boysie woysie and seeing if he was alright - I never did get the handsome hunks number!!

Hope this is of use
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that i will have enquire