Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How much does it cost to drive back to UK from Spain???

How much does it cost to drive back to UK from Spain???

Old May 31st 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default How much does it cost to drive back to UK from Spain???

Hi guys,

Tried to search the forums but having a very "dizzy mich" moment...

Anyway need advice as well so let me off...pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Thinking of taking Spanish car back to Uk like Lionda....Ed wants to drive back , just want some advice how long it takes, how much it costs....and is it advisable for 2 diablito's (5 and 3)!!!

We will share driving ....just need to get peoples feedback that have done it.

Cheers guys ....
Old May 31st 2008, 8:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much does it cost to drive back to UK from Spain???

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Hi guys,

Tried to search the forums but having a very "dizzy mich" moment...

Anyway need advice as well so let me off...pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Thinking of taking Spanish car back to Uk like Lionda....Ed wants to drive back , just want some advice how long it takes, how much it costs....and is it advisable for 2 diablito's (5 and 3)!!!

We will share driving ....just need to get peoples feedback that have done it.

Cheers guys ....
Not travelled with little ones for years so cannot really help you more than to say that as they are so young lots of breaks will be imperitive as you well know, so why not make the return journey a little holiday.

Costs of tolls and journey itself can be found on the Michellin site which is very good.

Rosemary
Old May 31st 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

> How much does it cost to drive back to UK from Spain

Have a look at the Viamichelin website. That gives routes, times and a cost estimate. I con't remember, but it might even let you put in the class of vehicle you're using (moped, truck, etc.)
Old May 31st 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

thanks guys....have added that site to my favourites xx
Old May 31st 2008, 10:51 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad has done this a few times from Trabuco (Antequera) to West Sussex. Last time he did it, he managed it in 23 hours of drving time. He tooka 2 hour nap, bit of an insomniac. No idea on cost though.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its about €130 in tolls and it cost us about €200 in fuel to Birmingham, but of course it depends what you are driving.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

I drove over here to Benalmadena in February from near Kendal in the Lake District,I was driving a Mitsubishi Shogun 2.5 turbo diesel,only does about 18 to the gallon.My 12 year old son and I did the journey via Portsmouth/St Malo I didn`t touch the toll roads and we left Kendal on at 11am on the 24th Feb catching the evening ferry and arrived in Benal at 9am on the 26th Feb.All told including the ferry and fuel it came to £450,total mileage was 1550 miles approx.Apart from sleeping on the ferry I had a 2 hour break just north of Madrid...
SJ.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:53 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We've done the journey 3 times - used the Michelin router planner. It took us 2 days each time and was quite an easy journey. We had 4 cats with us on the journey down and they were no trouble at all. As for children....make sure you have something to occupy them as they will be a long time in the car. There are some nice places to get out and refresh yourselves, stretch your legs etc., some nice countryside areas. The motorway services are good for overnight stays if you don't want to book in anywhere and some even have shower areas.
Old May 31st 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

What a great web site for distance cost etc, from Pete_I. I have now put that web in my favorite. Thanks for that Pete
Old May 31st 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
We've done the journey 3 times - used the Michelin router planner. It took us 2 days each time and was quite an easy journey. We had 4 cats with us on the journey down and they were no trouble at all. As for children....make sure you have something to occupy them as they will be a long time in the car. There are some nice places to get out and refresh yourselves, stretch your legs etc., some nice countryside areas. The motorway services are good for overnight stays if you don't want to book in anywhere and some even have shower areas.
How did you manage with the cats re litter trays and letting them out?
Old May 31st 2008, 6:51 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

All I can advise is make sure you all have a bloody good crap before you get to France!
Old May 31st 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
All I can advise is make sure you all have a bloody good crap before you get to France!
Lots of people `bung up` when travelling so I don`t think it will be a problem.
SOME people could say SAVE your crap for France!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

these posts made me chuckle ...

Ta v. much for advice we are in Valencia ...heading for Bristol in a 1.9ltr diesel megane.....been told 2 get portable dvd players for the back of the seats....

Eds thinking of driving thru France but not sure whether to get on Ferry at Bilbao...???

Decisions decisions ey??!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
these posts made me chuckle ...

Ta v. much for advice we are in Valencia ...heading for Bristol in a 1.9ltr diesel megane.....been told 2 get portable dvd players for the back of the seats....

Eds thinking of driving thru France but not sure whether to get on Ferry at Bilbao...???

Decisions decisions ey??!!
When you have decided on which route you are taking and found out what the toll costs are put the right money for each toll in separate money bags or envelopes. Saves a lot of hassle at each toll booth.

Rosemary
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Oddities
When you have decided on which route you are taking and found out what the toll costs are put the right money for each toll in separate money bags or envelopes. Saves a lot of hassle at each toll booth.

Rosemary
hey thats a grand idea.....will do as I'm dizzy at the best of moments... ...i'll suggest that and mr e will be soooooo surprised ... then i'll have to admit it was your idea .....

thanks hun...hope you are both well... xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.