Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How much do you pay your gestor?

How much do you pay your gestor?

Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

mishcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much do you pay your gestor?

Hello members,

I would be interested in knowing what others with small businesses in the Benalmadena, Fuengirola area pay for their gestor or economist to make their quarterly & annual returns to the hacienda.
Maybe some of you pay on a monthly or by the tax return basis but any information would be helpful.... thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you pay your gestor?

Originally Posted by mishcom
Hello members,

I would be interested in knowing what others with small businesses in the Benalmadena, Fuengirola area pay for their gestor or economist to make their quarterly & annual returns to the hacienda.
Maybe some of you pay on a monthly or by the tax return basis but any information would be helpful.... thanks.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary, thanks for the information.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

too much..that is why I just got rid of the greedy bastard!

He was charging 105 euros/month + iva despite me having haggled it back to 90/month for very minimal work (especially in the current economic climate). Then he even had the cheek to charge extra to submit annual tax return and even charged me extra for obtaining a vat refund

(the "temporary" reduction was removed as he claimed it was only a result of our friendship which had broken down when I suggested he may be taking the piss).

90 euros/month was quoted by another company for dealing with it all. I believe the cost to submit the annual return was 60 euros.

Saying that I know people who are paying 50 euros/month but I've not looked into it any more as the last bloke was kind of inherited from an ex business associate but maybe the figures are of use to you
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EllisG
too much..that is why I just got rid of the greedy bastard!

He was charging 105 euros/month + iva despite me having haggled it back to 90/month for very minimal work (especially in the current economic climate). Then he even had the cheek to charge extra to submit annual tax return and even charged me extra for obtaining a vat refund
I have been doing my returns with the same guy for years and have always thought the charges to be high even though there where around 40 to 60 receipts (some inter EU purchases) and around 30 to 50 facturas (Nationally) give or take per quarter although when I spoke to some other people I know, what he was charging seemed low (even though I still thought it high for what he does). Now with the way the economy has been I actually started to put some thought into what he is charging and the time it takes him to do the work and I find it just annoys me now... so I need to get this cost down.
I was paying 280 (Inc IVA) per trimestre + 180 (end of year returns) then about 1 year ago he put it up to 330 (Inc IVA) per trimestry and another 200 for the final end of year returns, I let him know I wasn't happy as a time when everyone is suffering I seen it as him basically sticking two fingers up to me.

Now my wife has started a small business, running at a loss as it would normally be expected at the moment (etc. etc.) but the way her returns are done he has had to process about 12 facturas for the last trimestre and wants 220 (Inc IVA) for that... of course get to the end of year declaration and this all adds up to around 2500 Euros for what I see to be about 2.5 days work in total per year for us both...

I spoke to a Spanish bloke I know today and he gets his returns done for 75 a month, his is a salon type business but he also rents out a couple of properties he has, I still see this as high when at the end of the day.... it is only a tax declaration each quarter and then one at the end of the year which would be charged as extra.

I have actually thought of doing the returns myself but as I have little enough time as it is the last thing I want to do is start to get involved in doing my tax returns but if that is what needs to be done then so be it. but hopefully between other members input and my asking around I will avoid this plan 'B' option!

Last edited by mishcom; Jan 17th 2012 at 11:10 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Hello members,

Hi I just sent you a PM...
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

simonwilk70 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, I am self employed and pay my gestor 49euros per month. For this i simply hand in all of my recites and she does the rest. She even take my tax returns to the bank and gets them stamped and paid.
She is based in sabanillas, works under the umbrella of a Spanish company and very efficient. You could probably post her all of your paper work! If you would like her number let me know.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I have actually thought of doing the returns myself but as I have little enough time as it is the last thing I want to do is start to get involved in doing my tax returns but if that is what needs to be done then so be it. but hopefully between other members input and my asking around I will avoid this plan 'B' option!
My wife and I do our own tax returns. It can all be done online now. Takes 1 hour tops each quarter - and another hour at the end of the year. As long as you have your accounts in shape of course
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonwilk70
HI, I am self employed and pay my gestor 49euros per month. For this i simply hand in all of my recites and she does the rest. She even take my tax returns to the bank and gets them stamped and paid.
She is based in sabanillas, works under the umbrella of a Spanish company and very efficient. You could probably post her all of your paper work! If you would like her number let me know.
Hi Simon,

This sounds very promising at 173.00 odd Euros a quarter inc. IVA.

I actually go by Sabinillas ever week or so and I don't see that as any real issue although it would be better to be closer up this end only in case there is a need to pop in to see her but at that saving I will not complain. To be honest I wouldn't expect her to take the papers to the bank as I generally do that myself anyway, all I am interested in is getting done the online returns with hacienda every quarter and at the end of year. If you don't mind posting her details or sending it to me on a PM I would appreciate it.

Many thanks for the info.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
My wife and I do our own tax returns. It can all be done online now. Takes 1 hour tops each quarter - and another hour at the end of the year. As long as you have your accounts in shape of course
To be honest although my accounts are what I would consider simple and I am sure take no more than 3 to 4 hours max. per quarter for mine and the wifes I really want to try and avoid having to consume all the ins and out as to any deductions, inter EU payments, IRPF etc. etc. All basic things that I could do at a push but I work long days as it is and I really don't want to have to do that if at all possible... but yes, it is an option I have been considering.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello members,

I'm in a different area, but I pay approx 85 euros a month. only extra if I ask her to do something extra for me like changing a status with hacienda. I seem to pay the same on months where she works and months where she doesn't but it's evened out. It sounds like a lot, especially on my income but the reduction in stress and frustration levels is worth every cent. I recommend getting a good one that you can trust and get along with and sticking to them. Do it yourself only if you actively like paper shuffling or are a control freak! Otherwise your time is better spent on your business where you are the expert. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I'm in a different area, but I pay approx 85 euros a month. only extra if I ask her to do something extra for me like changing a status with hacienda. I seem to pay the same on months where she works and months where she doesn't but it's evened out. It sounds like a lot, especially on my income but the reduction in stress and frustration levels is worth every cent. I recommend getting a good one that you can trust and get along with and sticking to them. Do it yourself only if you actively like paper shuffling or are a control freak! Otherwise your time is better spent on your business where you are the expert. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Hi angiescarr, but keeping costs down is an important part of running a business, 'especially in times of economic pressure' even more important when those costs are what I would consider to be excessive for the amount of work they cover! The thread seems to be bringing some interesting replies that may eventually help me to do just that, hopefully there will be more.

Yes I agree it is important to have someone you can trust... but this is Spain!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi angiescarr, but keeping costs down is an important part of running a business, 'especially in times of economic pressure' even more important when those costs are what I would consider to be excessive for the amount of work they cover! The thread seems to be bringing some interesting replies that may eventually help me to do just that, hopefully there will be more.

Yes I agree it is important to have someone you can trust... but this is Spain!
Absolutely. But I value my time above everything and keeping stress levels to a minimum next. If I were to spend 3 hours a month worrying about my paperwork it would cost me more than that in production. Yes spending that money hurts. But remember this...... it's also tax deductible your own time and stress isn't. Admittedly this applies to us 'disnumerics' more than people who have a good handle on their books. Me, I just don't think with that side of my brain!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Absolutely. But I value my time above everything and keeping stress levels to a minimum next. If I were to spend 3 hours a month worrying about my paperwork it would cost me more than that in production. Yes spending that money hurts. But remember this...... it's also tax deductible your own time and stress isn't. Admittedly this applies to us 'disnumerics' more than people who have a good handle on their books. Me, I just don't think with that side of my brain!
3 hours to save 85 euros per month

You must be raking it is to earn 30 euros an hour
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cricketman
3 hours to save 85 euros per month

You must be raking it is to earn 30 euros an hour
nice try. No I also calculate the tax deductible element in that, plus the time taken to do it on top of the worry. I may be disnumeric on paper but I have an idea how much of a mess I'd make financially if I tried to do it myself.
Yes I try to charge the *time I actually spend making* at 25 euros an hour. (doesn't always work out like that) That has to pay for the unpaid hours. Communicating, selling travelling time organising trips time writing articles etc etc. plus the cost of making trips. I have to work a lot of hours a month at that rate just to pay the social security... The IVA and the tax. No, It's a successful business....for a craft business. But it still isn't a 'proper' income for 2 people.
Clearly, since I can sell almost everything I can make, and my stocks are ALWAYS too low, if I can up the time I spend making. I'll make more money. That's why I value my time above everything.. Come to think of it...what am I doing here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.