Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how much do plasterers earn in Spain?

how much do plasterers earn in Spain?

Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

the derbys will become famous soon enoughthe derbys will become famous soon enough
Default how much do plasterers earn in Spain?

Can anyone tell me how much a qualifed plasterer can earn in Spain per hour
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much do plasterers earn in Spain?

Originally Posted by the derbys
Have you ever used Spanish plaster, its a totally different game here.
I don`t think you would get onto any Spanish building companies as thousands of Spanish building workers are being laid off at the moment and working for Brits you would not get enough work.
Wages are 10 to 15 €`s an hour if you are lucky enough to get work.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

zads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Have you ever used Spanish plaster, its a totally different game here.
I don`t think you would get onto any Spanish building companies as thousands of Spanish building workers are being laid off at the moment and working for Brits you would not get enough work.
Wages are 10 to 15 €`s an hour if you are lucky enough to get work.
First time back on here for a good three years after cancelling our move to spain. However, looks like things may be back on the cards for next year but the work thing (plumber) worries me more than ever. Spoke to many people in spain many times back then and the mood was that work would not be a problem once you had made a decent name for yourself being relible and fair pricing. I feel now that things may be not be like that nowadays as there may be too many tradesmen chasing to few jobs. Just a feeling. Anyone clarify ???
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zads
First time back on here for a good three years after cancelling our move to spain. However, looks like things may be back on the cards for next year but the work thing (plumber) worries me more than ever. Spoke to many people in spain many times back then and the mood was that work would not be a problem once you had made a decent name for yourself being relible and fair pricing. I feel now that things may be not be like that nowadays as there may be too many tradesmen chasing to few jobs. Just a feeling. Anyone clarify ???
Obviously depends on where you are planning on moving to! I was in the Building trade in the UK (Building Services) and intended on doing the same when we moved over. Things didn't work out that way, and we ended up opening a furniture shop. A complete change of direction, but the best decision we made . It hasn't been easy, but don't regret anything about the move. Don't be afraid to try something different - what's the worst that can happen
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

zads is an unknown quantity at this point

location is not so much of an issue as was then, we were heading for del sol primarily for schools, but as they do kids grow up , so we have an open book rarely. Would love to have a change of direction workwise, its just what. Where are you ?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

location is not so much of an issue as was then, we were heading for del sol primarily for schools, but as they do kids grow up , so we have an open book rarely. Would love to have a change of direction workwise, its just what. Where are you ?
Costa de la Luz - on the border of Spain and Portugal.
It's important to know the area you are thinking of moving to, and the potential possibilities. Look for a demand and try to fill it. Doesn't have to be unique or exclusive - everybody needs healthy competition
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

Courageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matt C
Costa de la Luz - on the border of Spain and Portugal.
It's important to know the area you are thinking of moving to, and the potential possibilities. Look for a demand and try to fill it. Doesn't have to be unique or exclusive - everybody needs healthy competition
We're near rosas in catalunya and have been paying €25 per hour for our guy. He's dutch and bloody first class but not the cheapest. Big bonus is that he used to have his own building company and there isn't a trade he isn't bloody good at! A gem.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:42 am
Banned

geisterbahn will become famous soon enoughgeisterbahn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the derbys
first question is ,how many lingos can you speak. if your playing to the brits , you have has much chance of plaStering a wall as I have flying to the moon! the russians are doing it for a bag of oranges . the polish for half a bag of oranges. the morrocans for a quarter bag of lemons a day. and the germans, who are the best any way in trade skills ,for a beer and a sandwich. the brits have no chance. property is falling ,no ones doing any work on houses due to selling up and property prices hitting the deck.and your qualifications mean NADA! IN SPAIN. CHECK OUT THE SUPERMARKET RUBBISH BIN RAIDS ON THE COSTAS! EVEN THE GERMANS ARE FIGHTING FOR THE LAST ROTTON APPLE THAT THE SHOPS PUT IN THE BIN.IF YOU AINT GOT THE CASH TO SURVIVE A GOOD 6 MONTHES ,KEEP IT TO A HOLIDAY. iM GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK AND HOPE TO CATCH THE BIN RAIDERS AT IT SO AS TO POST IT ON YOU TUBE. SORRY MATE .BUT IF i TOLD YOU ITS EASY iD BE LYING . FROM SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS ! COS iVE DONE IT. AND iN SPEAK THREE LINGOS , AND i,ve NEVER FOUND IT SO HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET ,THATS WHEN THEY DID MEET. AND IM NOT ONE FOR LYeING ABOUT ON THE BEACH OR SITTING IN A BAR .: any who goes down with a little cash , have an escape plan ,cos your gonna need it! forget the nice expat internet chat, when its down to the wire. all your so called mates you.ve, meet just fade away . and your on your own without a euro to telephone the brit embassy.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geisterbahn
first question is ,how many lingos can you speak. if your playing to the brits , you have has much chance of plaStering a wall as I have flying to the moon! the russians are doing it for a bag of oranges . the polish for half a bag of oranges. the morrocans for a quarter bag of lemons a day. and the germans, who are the best any way in trade skills ,for a beer and a sandwich. the brits have no chance. property is falling ,no ones doing any work on houses due to selling up and property prices hitting the deck.and your qualifications mean NADA! IN SPAIN. CHECK OUT THE SUPERMARKET RUBBISH BIN RAIDS ON THE COSTAS! EVEN THE GERMANS ARE FIGHTING FOR THE LAST ROTTON APPLE THAT THE SHOPS PUT IN THE BIN.IF YOU AINT GOT THE CASH TO SURVIVE A GOOD 6 MONTHES ,KEEP IT TO A HOLIDAY. iM GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK AND HOPE TO CATCH THE BIN RAIDERS AT IT SO AS TO POST IT ON YOU TUBE. SORRY MATE .BUT IF i TOLD YOU ITS EASY iD BE LYING . FROM SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS ! COS iVE DONE IT. AND iN SPEAK THREE LINGOS , AND i,ve NEVER FOUND IT SO HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET ,THATS WHEN THEY DID MEET. AND IM NOT ONE FOR LYeING ABOUT ON THE BEACH OR SITTING IN A BAR .: any who goes down with a little cash , have an escape plan ,cos your gonna need it! forget the nice expat internet chat, when its down to the wire. all your so called mates you.ve, meet just fade away . and your on your own without a euro to telephone the brit embassy.
Dare I say "a little over the top". lol
Work etc has slowed down, but not quite to the extent you say.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:05 am
Banned

geisterbahn will become famous soon enoughgeisterbahn will become famous soon enough

hi, I,ve livid in spain in the CB. and Im a fully quaified plumber/heating engineer. i.e old school 1974 1978 apprenticship and advanced C and G. I also speak fluent german as I was plumbing out their for 14 years. I also speak good spainish. I advertised in both cbn and the german cbn . I got more work off the germans until the polish took over as they tend to speak german, and are real price droppers. the brit scene is a nightmare . some work ,but the brits down their are real misers when it comes to getting work done.I also have other hard earned talents that I had to put into service.i.e market trading. another nightmare. spains great but !!! a big big big .good luck and have an escape plan.dont forget .advertising costs money /rent/cost of living/etc/ most people I meet down their had their back to the walls .every day and most lost weight rather rapidley including me. why do you think so many people come back from spAIN. i,LL TELL YOU !THE MONEY RUNS OUT! THE WORK WAS DRIED UP FROM THE START. AND IF THE SPANISH TAX MAN GETS HIS HANDS ON YOU. THEN WOE BE TIDE! THE GUARDIA CHECK ALL LITTLE VANS FOR SAND AND CEMENT AND TOOLS ETC ,THEN ASK FOR YOUR SELF EMPLOYMENT CERTS OR YOUR EMPLOYERS REFERENCES. THEY HAVE SPOTTER PLNES FLYING OVER THE LAND LOOKING FOR BUILDING SITES THAT THE GUARDIA DONT KNOW ABOUT .AND i CANTELL YOU /THERES A GUARDIA MAN IN GREEN BEHIND EVERY TREE IN TOWN AND ON THE CAMPOS. i WAS DRIVING DOWN FROM A JOB IN THE JUNGLE AT THE BACK ON A LITTLE DUSTY ROAD. ONE DAY AND GUESS WHO HAD A ROAD BLOCK OR RATHER DIRT TRACK BLOCK IN PLACE. THE GUARDIA!!!!iD LEARNT BY THAT TIME TO KEEP THE VAN EMPTY AND CLEAN AND HAVE A DOG BASKET OR 2 IN THE BACK AS DECOY. WHAT YOU DO IN THIS VAN ..ITS A BIG VAN.. A CONSTRUCTION VAN. ER! ER! ME NO NOTHING!! DOGS ,,BOW WOW BOW WOW. OH !!SI! SI ! BOW WOW! DOGS GAURD DOGS ! YOU MAKE A DINERO DOGS SENORE!!! NO! WHAT MONEY YOU HAVE! ME KNOW NOTHING !!! GET READY FOR A ROUGH RIDE . FORGET THE CRAP ON THE TV LOCATION RUBBISH. ITS DOWN TO THE WIRE EVERYDAY.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Dare I say "a little over the top". lol
Work etc has slowed down, but not quite to the extent you say.
ARE YOU A PERSON WHO GETS SUPPORTED BY THE STATE I.E PENSIONOR SO IF i MAYASK. OR HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE MAKING A LIVING IN SPAIN ON THE COSTAS AS i HAVE DONE .AND BELIEVE ME iM A NORTH ENGLAND ENGINEERS ,AND THEY DONT COME MUCH BETTER WORLD WIDE AS TRADES PERSONNEL. NO iM AFRAID ITS NOT OVER THE TOP ITS HARD FACTS . WHICH i KNOW ABOUT BECAUSE iVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WRITE IT AS iVE LIVID IT.SO HAVE YOU MADE A LIVING IN SPAIN OR NOT. BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE PLEASE TELL US ALL YOUR BIG SECRET BECAUSE WE ALL WANT TO KNOW SO WE CANGO AND MAKE POTS OF EROS AND BUY BIG VILLAS AND FAST CARS. DO ANSWER AS WE ALL AWAIT YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM !!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:24 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

ARE YOU A PERSON WHO GETS SUPPORTED BY THE STATE I.E PENSIONOR SO IF i MAYASK. OR HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE MAKING A LIVING IN SPAIN ON THE COSTAS AS i HAVE DONE .AND BELIEVE ME iM A NORTH ENGLAND ENGINEERS ,AND THEY DONT COME MUCH BETTER WORLD WIDE AS TRADES PERSONNEL. NO iM AFRAID ITS NOT OVER THE TOP ITS HARD FACTS . WHICH i KNOW ABOUT BECAUSE iVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WRITE IT AS iVE LIVID IT.SO HAVE YOU MADE A LIVING IN SPAIN OR NOT. BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE PLEASE TELL US ALL YOUR BIG SECRET BECAUSE WE ALL WANT TO KNOW SO WE CANGO AND MAKE POTS OF EROS AND BUY BIG VILLAS AND FAST CARS. DO ANSWER AS WE ALL AWAIT YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM !!!
I make not a bad living. Work for a spanish company and PAY MY TAXES. i have a normal family sized home and drive a Volvo.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I make not a bad living. Work for a spanish company and PAY MY TAXES. i have a normal family sized home and drive a Volvo.
WELL THATS EASY ISNT IT! MOST PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO LIVE IN SPAIN ,DONT HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK FOR A SPANISH COMPANY. LETS FACE IT , 35 % DEDUCTIONS AINT BAD, MY ADVICE IS FOR THE PEOPLE LIKE WHO I REPLIED TO . THINKING ABOUT WORKING FOR THEMSELVES. BELIEVE .i KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. WORKING FOR A SPANISH COMPANY IS SIMPLE, GO TO WORK ,GET PAID ,USE THE MONEY GO TO WORK AGAIN. SECURE!!! SELF EMPLOYMENT AINT SECURE, THATS A FACT!!! BUT YOU SECURE WORKING FOR AIRLINE COMPANIES ETC HAVE NEVER GONE HUNGREY. OR SEEN YOUR CHILD GO WITHOUT WHAT THEY NEED!NOT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT WORK! BUT BECAUSE THE WORKS NOT THEIR. LETS FACE IT EVEN YOU COULD ADMIT THAT GETTING A SECURE JOB WITH A SPANISH COMPANY IS NOT ANEASY TASK!SO WHY NOT REPLIE TO WHAT YOU KNOW ,,BUT NOT WHAT YOU DONT.!!!LEAVE THAT TO THE EXPERTS, AND i CAN SAY WITH AUTHORITY! iM AN EXPERT. EVEN HOUDINI WOULD HAVE HAD TROUBLE GETTING OUT OF THE TIGHT SPOTS IVE BEEN IN AND SEEN OTHERS IN.iVE SEEN THEM COME WITH 15.000 QUID ONLY TO END UP IN A 2 MAN TENT WITH THEIR DREAMS SHATTERED AND THE SAME 2 PEOPLE MARRAIGE OVER!!!! NO GIVE ADVICE WHEN YOU KNOW ,BUT NOT WHEN YOU DONT.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:10 am
Banned

Courageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really niceCourageous is just really nice

Hehe! Here we go! "BUT YOU SECURE WORKING FOR AIRLINE COMPANIES ETC HAVE NEVER GONE HUNGREY. OR SEEN YOUR CHILD GO WITHOUT WHAT THEY NEED!NOT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT WORK! BUT BECAUSE THE WORKS NOT THEIR.".............. And "NO GIVE ADVICE WHEN YOU KNOW ,BUT NOT WHEN YOU DONT."........... I'm guessing the first poke was at me since if not it would be a remarkable co-incidence. The second gem is a piece of advice you'd do well to take yourself as you clearly know nothing of the airline industry nor of me!

I simply gave the benefit of my experience to the first poster who asked what a plasterer may earn in Spain.

It would seem you may have stumbled upon hard times for which I am sorry but I don't think thats OUR problem now is it? Our time is probably just around the corner.........

I wish you better fortune for the coming year!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:49 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

WELL THATS EASY ISNT IT! MOST PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO LIVE IN SPAIN ,DONT HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK FOR A SPANISH COMPANY. LETS FACE IT , 35 % DEDUCTIONS AINT BAD, MY ADVICE IS FOR THE PEOPLE LIKE WHO I REPLIED TO . THINKING ABOUT WORKING FOR THEMSELVES. BELIEVE .i KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. WORKING FOR A SPANISH COMPANY IS SIMPLE, GO TO WORK ,GET PAID ,USE THE MONEY GO TO WORK AGAIN. SECURE!!! SELF EMPLOYMENT AINT SECURE, THATS A FACT!!! BUT YOU SECURE WORKING FOR AIRLINE COMPANIES ETC HAVE NEVER GONE HUNGREY. OR SEEN YOUR CHILD GO WITHOUT WHAT THEY NEED!NOT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT WORK! BUT BECAUSE THE WORKS NOT THEIR. LETS FACE IT EVEN YOU COULD ADMIT THAT GETTING A SECURE JOB WITH A SPANISH COMPANY IS NOT ANEASY TASK!SO WHY NOT REPLIE TO WHAT YOU KNOW ,,BUT NOT WHAT YOU DONT.!!!LEAVE THAT TO THE EXPERTS, AND i CAN SAY WITH AUTHORITY! iM AN EXPERT. EVEN HOUDINI WOULD HAVE HAD TROUBLE GETTING OUT OF THE TIGHT SPOTS IVE BEEN IN AND SEEN OTHERS IN.iVE SEEN THEM COME WITH 15.000 QUID ONLY TO END UP IN A 2 MAN TENT WITH THEIR DREAMS SHATTERED AND THE SAME 2 PEOPLE MARRAIGE OVER!!!! NO GIVE ADVICE WHEN YOU KNOW ,BUT NOT WHEN YOU DONT.
I have lived here 10 years. I have done various jobs so i think i am qualified to give advice. Don`t get me wrong, it has not all been rosey but you get through. I think you want to lay off the sauce so early in the morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.