Reload this Page >

how many making move

how many making move

Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how many making move

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Have to disagree here Bil. Houses have been on sale in our area for months with no sale and many have either reduced or gone for fixed price. I have been in touch with our estate agent to ask about reducing or going for a fixed price and was told at the moment it won't make a difference "there is just no market just now". As my OH will need to find accommodation when I move over there and we sell here, we are now considering taking the house of the market and renting a room here - that way we still have our house and he doesn't need to find somewhere to stay.
Sorry to disagree with you Linda but in a true market price is everything. Imagine your house on the market for £2000 there would be riot police controlling the crowds, now imagine it at £20,000,000! Extreme examples I know but the simple fact is they will sell at the price people can AFFORD, not what the vendor (or estate agent) thinks they are worth.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Just dropped the price of our house in Surrey by van loads. Got a stupid offer on Monday, even though we had dropped buyers will still tryit on. My familyare moving next month, we had no choice had to make a decision as youngest son was booked in school. Estate agent here said drop and try and get out of the mariket asap, money is better in the bank, things will not pick up for at least 2/3 years.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by trentino
Just dropped the price of our house in Surrey by van loads. Got a stupid offer on Monday, even though we had dropped buyers will still tryit on. My familyare moving next month, we had no choice had to make a decision as youngest son was booked in school. Estate agent here said drop and try and get out of the mariket asap, money is better in the bank, things will not pick up for at least 2/3 years.
Again, I have to say that anything is worth what somebody can afford to pay. Shares yoyo 40% and nobody is surprised. The real cost of cars has come down over the last 15/20 years. Why are houses so different?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Everybody has different circumstances. I think we are fortunate there are only the two of us making the move (no children/schools to think about) and I said in my earlier post OH will be working from the Uk and "visiting" Spain, so we are perhaps more fortunate that we don't "have to sell". I must admit though, it would be nice not to have the responsibility of two houses.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:09 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

We thought we'd been through the hardest part of relocating ... all the agonising over the pros and cons ... we finally decide that it's definitely what we want and swing into action, buying a motorhome to move us and the dogs over, organising a place to rent in Spain, packing boxes, the whole 9 yards. Only to be stuck at the final, house-selling hurdle :curse:. Our agent too said that reducing it wouldn't necessarily be the answer ... we have now reduced it and they've "remarketed" it so it's fingers crossed time again. It just feels like being stuck in limbo waiting and waiting ... Good luck to everyone.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:35 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I'll echo that. I am damn glad we sold when we did. When we put it on the market three different agents gave three different estimates, all widely different.

In the end we had people really trying it on, a lot of nosey b*stards and one person ONLY who was interested in buying it at that price.

At the end of the day, the value of anything is an unreal concept, because it truly is only worth what someone will pay you, and then that is only valid at that moment.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:40 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03630
Sorry to disagree with you Linda but in a true market price is everything. Imagine your house on the market for £2000 there would be riot police controlling the crowds, now imagine it at £20,000,000! Extreme examples I know but the simple fact is they will sell at the price people can AFFORD, not what the vendor (or estate agent) thinks they are worth.
Agree and disagree there 03630. Some of the property crisis is caused by people buying what they could not AFFORD but what they hoped would make them a buck or two. People will buy anything at a price which they consider is value for money and the sooner housing is seen as a home and less an investment, the more the market will stabilise at prices related to income in the area. Who benefits from stable high house prices? Only the landowners and developers building new houses. Who benefits from low(er) stable house prices? The vast majority of normal people looking to put a roof over their family's head.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:43 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

And the stupid grasping b*stards in the banks who loaned stupid money to reckless people who had little chance of ever paying it all back.

Of course, few if any of them will ever suffer.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:45 am
Account Closed

That is also true bil. The agents, the mortgage lenders, the "advisors" never lose out. Always the punters like thee and me.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:47 am
bil
Banned

Yep, and then they wonder why we hate them so much.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Agree and disagree there 03630. Some of the property crisis is caused by people buying what they could not AFFORD but what they hoped would make them a buck or two. People will buy anything at a price which they consider is value for money and the sooner housing is seen as a home and less an investment, the more the market will stabilise at prices related to income in the area. Who benefits from stable high house prices? Only the landowners and developers building new houses. Who benefits from low(er) stable house prices? The vast majority of normal people looking to put a roof over their family's head.
You're reading from my hymn-sheet. Totally agree.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

We have reduced the price of our house twice. We now are getting some interest, and like Bill Gates said one of the people who are interested are relocating to be near their son, they are elderly. We honestly don't think we can now do anymore than we have done, we will still take an offer on our house, but there is a limit to what we can take because we are committed to the off plan purchase in Spain.

The whole situation has become a nightmare. If only we had decided to make the move a couple of years earlier, but hindsight is a great thing.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 03630
You're reading from my hymn-sheet. Totally agree.
Hey can't have that. It is my hymn sheet that you are reading from

Always nice to agree with someone though,
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:33 am
Just Joined

johnreynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pjj
hi everyone as you all know me my girlfriend are moving to spain soon , my property is on the market for sale i have got some one very interested in it so fingers crossed once its sold and the money is in bank we will be gone , i know the uk is going in to a big recession next year so i think me and girlfriend have decided that we rather take a couple of years off and be in spain and enjoying the weather/country rather than being in the uk , im just wondering how many of you that are on britishexpats forum are looking to make the move to spain and how soon you looking at going ?
Anyone moving to Spain that are self sufficient I can understand, what I cannot understand are young families that "HAVE TO FIND WORK" to survive, even worse are those that bring children at the age of around 11 and who are at the most critical part of their education, even if they manage to muddle through their chances of good employment are slim. Much has been said on forums on this subject but still they arrive and in a lot of cases end up returning to the UK over time. Do these people really believe that they can over come reality where others have failed. I have come to believe that some people only read what they want to read and dismiss facts. So very sad.

John
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:03 am
bil
Banned

Well, some complain about the negativity shown to people posting on here about how they are going to go to Spain and do this or that.

Personally I think a good hit of cold water might be a blessing in disguise if it makes people think it thru a bit more carefully.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.