Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how many expats living in spain

how many expats living in spain

Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:15 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how many expats living in spain

Before this discussion goes totally existential! Figures from the bbc suggest there are 761,000 brits living in Spain. We should all get together for a pint.

Quite an interesting feature here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:16 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tallbob
I saw a programme a couple of years ago
Living in the sun, or something like that
which said there were over 1 million brits living
within one hour of Alicante airport
if thats true i reckon that will keep climbing in the nxt few years the way this countrys going lately most my friends and i talk on a daliy basis about living in spain
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:20 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pjj
if thats true i reckon that will keep climbing in the nxt few years the way this countrys going lately most my friends and i talk on a daliy basis about living in spain
Don't see any reason why it shouldn't keep growing. Lifestyle factors - people retiring earlier, living longer and having more money, all suggest that people will continue to flock to spain in ever increasing numbers.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:51 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lochy
Don't see any reason why it shouldn't keep growing. Lifestyle factors - people retiring earlier, living longer and having more money, all suggest that people will continue to flock to spain in ever increasing numbers.
i agree i think theres alot people going there for those factors apart from the one that sayes having more money unless you have one the lottery ! i think mine would be the quality of life every day here in the uk is like ground hog day
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by pjj
every day here in the uk is like ground hog day
I totally agree with you pjj. lol
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:20 am
pjj
sun lover

Originally Posted by Kyla
I totally agree with you pjj. lol
as they say same S**T different day ! work 6 days a week have done for the last 7 years do the same things day in day out go to same bars eat out same places think i need a bit of change in my life so bored ,
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
as they say same S**T different day ! work 6 days a week have done for the last 7 years do the same things day in day out go to same bars eat out same places think i need a bit of change in my life so bored ,
Thats where I am lucky, no 2 days are ever the same for me, one day I can be fencing, the next landscaping, another studying, and so on.

I think just a simple move to Spain wont help with the boredom, a change of life's direction helps more.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Thats where I am lucky, no 2 days are ever the same for me, one day I can be fencing, the next landscaping, another studying, and so on.

I think just a simple move to Spain wont help with the boredom, a change of life's direction helps more.
I agree with you Matt. We should be realistic. Life is not always going to be a picnic, wherever we are in the world.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:41 am
pjj
sun lover

Originally Posted by Kyla
I agree with you Matt. We should be realistic. Life is not always going to be a picnic, wherever we are in the world.
too true but its worth taking the gamble and moving to spain good weather good grub great nite life
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pjj
too true but its worth taking the gamble and moving to spain good weather good grub great nite life
absolutely pjj.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
don't get me wrong pjj, when my OH and I move out next year we will be bringing just enough to survive and a few bits and not much more.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:00 pm
The Best Fed Scot

don't get me wrong pjj, when my OH and I move out next year we will be bringing just enough to survive and a few bits and not much more.
Let us know when you're moving so we can let the bbc know that that's now 761,002.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:06 pm
pjj
sun lover

everythinks cool have you got a place in spain ? whats ya plans when you get ?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by pjj
everythinks cool have you got a place in spain ? whats ya plans when you get ?
Nope, we are only going for a year initially, long term plan is OZ but lets see how things go.

Trying to decide between Mallorca and Jerez area, wouldn't mind the area around south of Valencia but I used to live around the Murcia/Torrevieja area and there are too many memories.

We have to both work, but the plan is not to work too much, but the economics of the situation is that we may not be able to!

The only spanner in the works is that my OH was offered a really good contact in Sotogrande this afternoon for work so we may end up going there.

How about you?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:57 am
pjj
sun lover

The only spanner in the works is that my OH was offered a really good contact in Sotogrande this afternoon for work so we may end up going there.
How about you?
sotogrande where s that near never heard of it ? well i brought a new apartment roughly about 3 years ago in place call la herrdura on the costa tropical next door to nerja costa del sol 50 mins down n340 from malaga airport , its a very spainishy place me and my girlfriend fell in love with the area ,they also got a lovely little marina loads of water sports good bars and very friendly locals , we have now made quite a few friends in the area who we are in contact with by phone when we are in uk ,im 31yrs old and my girlfriend 25yrs old we always dreamed of living abroad and have worked really hard the last 5yrs to make our dream come true but it aint been a stroll in the park ! we were only saying last night end jan 08 we will be there and we cant wait we will be pinching are selves once we are out there because its taking so long to get this far and if we go out there and it dont work out after at least a good year then we will come back whats the harm in it ! the way we are looking at it we would have had a great time plus still have a home in spain

Last edited by pjj; Jul 19th 2007 at 9:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.