Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How long to wait

How long to wait

Old Aug 16th 2016, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

sparkyinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long to wait

I finally got arund to applying to exchange my UK driving licence for a Spanish one. That was on 7th June and since then I've heard nothing.
So the question is how long does it normally take traffico to process this?
Also is there any way that I can check the status of my application?
Old Aug 16th 2016, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to wait

Originally Posted by sparkyinspain
I finally got arund to applying to exchange my UK driving licence for a Spanish one. That was on 7th June and since then I've heard nothing.
So the question is how long does it normally take traffico to process this?
Also is there any way that I can check the status of my application?
I exchanged mine 4 years ago and it took about 3-4 weeks. They should have given you a "temporary" paper stating that you're in the process of exchanging, just in case you get stopped by traffico.
The delay could also be due to the fact that in August Spain closes down for holidays!
All the same, it might be worth contacting the office dealing with your licence.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Expect a minimum of one month then should appear in the post. Maybe add a bit more for August .
Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took around 6 months from traffico in Sevilla
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

sparkyinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that I've been impatient, I bumped into a fellow Brit this morning and he told me that his took 6 months to come through. Guess that I'll just have to wait.