Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Question How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

Ok this may be a difficult question, but!!!!
We are planning on landing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena is my main target) at the end of June. How long (on average) would it take to find an apartment to rent out?
(don't want to spend more than 800 Euros per month)
Benalmadena is my number 1 choice, then Fuengirola then Torremolinos. I have no intention of returning once I land, this is a do or die event for us. It is like being re-born.
It is hellish scary stuff
But what the hell. We will look for jobs (anything to start with) until we find the right premises for our business venture.
Any info gratefully received
Peter & Janine
ps We are getting more nervous as every day passes
But still very excited.....you only live once don't you
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

That is just the wrong time of year to be looking for a long term rental. I don't know what you would get for €800 per month. I charge more than that per week for my apartment.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but good luck, anyway.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Go through the sur online, also a lady Katja rents in the Pueblo 679 975 959, do not know her but heard she is good. Our friends manage apartments, but believe they have no long term rents available at the moment, can try them though, Dave and Lyn www.personaltouchvillas.co.uk..............

There are lots to rent here, but you need to be here to look around, if I get any more info will post it
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

As Beachcomber said, wrong time og year, lots of the owners stopp long term rent for the summer as they can get more per week in the summer
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
when I was there two weeks ago in Los Boliches I saw loads of apartments to let and the prices were around 600-650 Euro per month for a two bed property. Some were in Fuengirola, I saw them in the windows of several EA s windows as I was walking around!

Benalmadena I do not know, but if it is the same as Los Boliches Fuengirola I do not think you would have a problem.

Studios are probably a lot cheaper but i never saw any to let!

LosPacos Hombre
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

It may only be a few kilometres but there is a world of difference between Los Boliches and Benalmádena!
Old May 1st 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi,
when I was there two weeks ago in Los Boliches I saw loads of apartments to let and the prices were around 600-650 Euro per month for a two bed property. Some were in Fuengirola, I saw them in the windows of several EA s windows as I was walking around!

Benalmadena I do not know, but if it is the same as Los Boliches Fuengirola I do not think you would have a problem.

Studios are probably a lot cheaper but i never saw any to let!

LosPacos Hombre
I have the number of an estate agent in Benalmadena who is going to help us find an apartment and possibly commercial property for our business
I reckon it should be okay to find a place, even just for 6 months until the summer tourist frenzy has finished and then look for a nicer apartment. I also have a manager now to run my UK business when I come over so we will still have an income while we settle (Yahoo)
I am really looking forward to the challenge. Life is really boring unless you take risks, you need a BUZZ to live life.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

hey pwblackbelt! you are more of less in the same situation as us! We are planning on moving to benalmadena at the end of may and still have no where to live! One website i found useful was spmrentals.net they have some nice apartments which allow dogs (we own 3 chihuahuas) and believe me finding a rental that allows dogs is not easy!

We are also looking in a similar price bracket to yourselves - so hopefully we will be able to help each out. Only we are simply looking at Benalmadena.

I reckon i have emailed over 50 apartments and im afraid most of them are taken now for the summer - but every cloud has a silver lining - and afterall it just makes the challenge that bit more. If everything were easy, life would be boring!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for us all!!
Old May 1st 2007, 1:01 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

spmrentals do seem to have a lot and they're a big company here so you should be ok. Beware though they were trying to charge me finders fees of one months rent. Which i dont think is allowed. Plus they were wanting one months deposit (which you get back at the end) so just beware of a heafty moving in bill. say if your apartment is 650 euros, times that by 3 and thats what you'd have to throw up front. Though do check out this finders fee, some people have told me its illeagal and they shouldnt be charging it. Perhaps they just try it on with those that dont know any better. And if you said "actually i thought that was illegal" they'd probably drop it
Old May 1st 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midget gem
hey pwblackbelt! you are more of less in the same situation as us! We are planning on moving to benalmadena at the end of may and still have no where to live! One website i found useful was spmrentals.net they have some nice apartments which allow dogs (we own 3 chihuahuas) and believe me finding a rental that allows dogs is not easy!

We are also looking in a similar price bracket to yourselves - so hopefully we will be able to help each out. Only we are simply looking at Benalmadena.

I reckon i have emailed over 50 apartments and im afraid most of them are taken now for the summer - but every cloud has a silver lining - and afterall it just makes the challenge that bit more. If everything were easy, life would be boring!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for us all!!
I have seen a lot of numbers in the surinenglish also. So as you say not easy but definitely not impossible. Some of the adverts say long term only, so they must not want holday rentals.That is good for us I guess. Good luck with your search.
Old May 1st 2007, 6:28 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Once i was here i certinately had no problems finding apartments, i looked round several before i chose this one and three of them were in benalmadena area. Ive even seen a couple of se Se Aquiller signs on the apartment block im in. So i think there are plenty here. Whether this will be the case when you come in a couple of months. I dont know.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

Just a quick note about spmrentals - they have found me a really lovely apartment BUT they want 4 months rental upfront! Apparently, 1 month as a deposit, 1 month as the first months rent, 1 month as their fee and 1 month to reserve the property!!!

I said this was incredibly expensive and they said they "would see what they can do" and get back to me
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

These people are such rip off merchants, shame it is this time of year, as only 1 months rent and 1 months deposit on 11 month contract on most places around Benalmadena.

At the risk of losing apartment I would try to call their bluff, they should not charge a "finders fee"
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midget gem
Just a quick note about spmrentals - they have found me a really lovely apartment BUT they want 4 months rental upfront! Apparently, 1 month as a deposit, 1 month as the first months rent, 1 month as their fee and 1 month to reserve the property!!!

I said this was incredibly expensive and they said they "would see what they can do" and get back to me
You should of laughed, there are loads of places you just pay one month dep and one months rent.
Tell them the last two are illegal, spmrentals get paid by the owner, they are trying to stitch you up.
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: How long to find an Apartment in Benalmadena

Originally Posted by jdr
You should of laughed, there are loads of places you just pay one month dep and one months rent.
Tell them the last two are illegal, spmrentals get paid by the owner, they are trying to stitch you up.
I would only pay 1 months rent in advance and 1 months rent as a bond. When I lived in Sapin before people always tried it on for finders fees. Especially the British.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.