Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how has your life changed and is it better

how has your life changed and is it better

Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:30 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default how has your life changed and is it better

hi everybody thought this would make a great post for all of you that are thinking/looking to move to spain like my self ! for you lucky lot that are living in spain how has your life changed and is better than when you were living in the uk
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how has your life changed and is it better

Its been done a few times before but its always useful for newcomers who haven't found the search engine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
hi everybody thought this would make a great post for all of you that are thinking/looking to move to spain like my self ! for you lucky lot that are living in spain how has your life changed and is better than when you were living in the uk
Do a search as this has been covered a few times. In fact I thought that someone had resurrected an old thread when I saw the title.

In reply to you though.

We love it, love being retired here instead of UK, love the fact that although it gets really cold in the winter it is never as cold or wet as it is in UK, love investigating a different country, love the people and their attitude towards us. I will shut up now.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:18 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Do a search as this has been covered a few times. In fact I thought that someone had resurrected an old thread when I saw the title.

In reply to you though.

We love it, love being retired here instead of UK, love the fact that although it gets really cold in the winter it is never as cold or wet as it is in UK, love investigating a different country, love the people and their attitude towards us. I will shut up now.

Rosemary
yes this has been covered before rosemary i put the last thread up a long time back! i think for those of you that are living in spain it gives us here in the uk a better in sight to how your life is now and how it has changed ,and is it for the better ,there are lot of us on here that are looking for a better quality of life and find it very daunting at the thought of it ! moving to spain is a very big decision to make for any person leaving family+friends behind leaving your better paided jobs and starting all again from scratch ! so i feel for the newbies to british expats this a good thread to hear peoples good views and bad points
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

I only moved to Spain for the weather and i know i will enjoy my life here so much better than the UK.

Also very pleased i did it before i was 30, 2 years earlier at 28 so even more pleased i have many more years ahead, touch wood..........touches head.

John
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
yes this has been covered before rosemary i put the last thread up a long time back! i think for those of you that are living in spain it gives us here in the uk a better in sight to how your life is now and how it has changed ,and is it for the better ,there are lot of us on here that are looking for a better quality of life and find it very daunting at the thought of it ! moving to spain is a very big decision to make for any person leaving family+friends behind leaving your better paided jobs and starting all again from scratch ! so i feel for the newbies to british expats this a good thread to hear peoples good views and bad points

Totally understand your reasoning. I think moving to another country is very daunting and needs to be thoroughly evaluated before attempting it. Research is the best advise and actually stopping and looking at what it will mean for you personally.

Things change all of the time so gaining current insights into life here is a good idea. Each area will bring different experiences and as people will have different interests it is not easy for any one person to give a good clear informative insight so you are reliant on people to respond with plenty of information.

We have lived here for 18 months now and are finding that prices are increasing whereas the exchange value of our pension is decreasing. Life anywhere is predominantly what you make it and whether it fulfils you depends on your expectations. Our expectations were that we would live a quiet life in an ordinary house in an ordinary town and this is what we have achieved in the main. However we are included in everything by the people of our town so we are not as reclusive as we were in the UK. We lived in our previous house for 15 years and knew about 3 or 4 of our neighbours by name whereas here we know the majority of our neighbours by name.

Good luck in your information gathering.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:42 pm
pjj
sun lover

Originally Posted by john1979
I only moved to Spain for the weather and i know i will enjoy my life here so much better than the UK.

Also very pleased i did it before i was 30, 2 years earlier at 28 so even more pleased i have many more years ahead, touch wood..........touches head.

John
hi john ive followed your recent thread i hope it works out for you mate keep us posted , i will be doinging the same my self shortly just waiting my place to sell , how did it come about you moving to spain ?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pjj
hi john ive followed your recent thread i hope it works out for you mate keep us posted , i will be doinging the same my self shortly just waiting my place to sell , how did it come about you moving to spain ?
Something i have always wanted to do since being a teenager. I woke up one morning last year and thought why not. Set myself a date and just moved. I make it sound easy though. I have a income in the UK to support me and a house back home to fall back on what i let out. Also got a new business venture going on here ready to be up and running very soon.

Good luck with it i'm sure it will work out. I hope i now can start to give advice what will help as the weeks go by.

John
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:20 pm
pjj
sun lover

Something i have always wanted to do since being a teenager. I woke up one morning last year and thought why not. Set myself a date and just moved. I make it sound easy though. I have a income in the UK to support me and a house back home to fall back on what i let out. Also got a new business venture going on here ready to be up and running very soon.

Good luck with it i'm sure it will work out. I hope i now can start to give advice what will help as the weeks go by.

John
fare play to you john a least you have a income coming from the uk so you aint got to grafted straight away and you can enjoy your self for a bit
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Where in Spain you looking to move ?

John
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:12 pm
pjj
sun lover

Where in Spain you looking to move ?

John
to the costa tropical a little place called la herrdura i have apartment there nice place
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

muchosninos is an unknown quantity at this point

Our lives have changed for the better since we moved to Spain. We live in a small mountain village in Andalucia.
We have sunshine, cheap alcohol, fantastic health care, great schools, kids can roam around the village and we don't have to worry, wonderful fiestas and the best people ever - we've all been accepted into the village with no problems. Things couldn't be better!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Oh yes our lives are so much better. This doesn't mean it would suit everyone though. I am doing the same job as in the UK but it is much less stressful and I'm really enjoying what I do once again. My OH has a great little business which is going well and is exactly what he is good at. The children are settled and happy at school.
We had a quick drink at a chiringuito on the beach tonight where our youngest 'buried some treasure in the sand' - would we be sitting outside while he played at 6pm in the UK in Feb. no I don't think so!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muchosninos
Our lives have changed for the better since we moved to Spain. We live in a small mountain village in Andalucia.
We have sunshine, cheap alcohol, fantastic health care, great schools, kids can roam around the village and we don't have to worry, wonderful fiestas and the best people ever - we've all been accepted into the village with no problems. Things couldn't be better!
We also have a small bolt hole in a small mountain village in Andalusia and pop over as often as we can, our Spanish and English neighbours are friendly and have welcomed us into their community. We have a great post lady, 4 bakers, fishmonger and butchers and supermarket,15 bars but they are more like front rooms with a bar, you have to be a local to know the whereabouts of most of them. We never take a watch with us as the chime from the church bell keeps us aware of the time. The land is irrigated and there is an abundance of fruit and veg, oranges, lemons and olives the local spanish leave bags of goodies outside your door, and love it if you try with the langauge and spend some time in the campo helping with the land....tranquillo.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

Just moved to spain and so far the move has been great for my daughter, and myself . Im not working at the moment first time since i left school many years ago. And im making the most of it while it last.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.