Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to find builders

How to find builders

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Question How to find builders

Can anyone tell me the best way to find builders (british or Spanish) I have tried on some expat sites but they are all on the coast. Is it by word of mouth or through estate agent etc We only need a little but of stuff doing like ensuites electrics etc

We are moving north of Granada

Helen
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find builders

Originally Posted by helenp
Can anyone tell me the best way to find builders (british or Spanish) I have tried on some expat sites but they are all on the coast. Is it by word of mouth or through estate agent etc We only need a little but of stuff doing like ensuites electrics etc

We are moving north of Granada

Helen
Ask your neighbours if they used any and then have a look at their work, but more important dont always go for the lowest quote
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask your neighbours if they used any and then have a look at their work, but more important dont always go for the lowest quote

Thanks

Helen
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:27 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helenp
Thanks

Helen
i have a great one a local guy a contractor ...the work is first class and the builders are great no mannana we are renovationg a 400 year old house total retoration project and the cost is far cheaper than the uk and so are the materials
good luck
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

*must refrain... must refrain... ...*

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. just walk into ANY english bar with more than 3 customers in it and i garentee that you´ll find at least 75% of them are builders!!!!! ...one will be the barmaid

on a more serious note.. i would recomend anyone you know refering a builder to you.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: How to find builders

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
*must refrain... must refrain... ...*

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. just walk into ANY english bar with more than 3 customers in it and i garentee that you´ll find at least 75% of them are builders!!!!! ...one will be the barmaid

on a more serious note.. i would recomend anyone you know refering a builder to you.
Unfortunately where we are moving there are no English bars although we did visit one in a neighbouring village while on hols recently but it seems that rrecommendationis the best way to avoid cowboys.

Helen