How do I get a Identification Number

Wikiposts

How do I get a Identification Number

Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I get a Identification Number

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
You don't need ID cards to open a bank account but you will need NIE numbers.

Not true. We opened our account with Solbank just with photocopies of passports at their London branch before we left the UK and hadn't even heard of N.I.E numbers.All done by post.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spain
you apply at the police station, you will need a couple of passport photos and copies of yuor passports, usually takes about 4 weeks then you can collect them

there are websites that you can download the form so have a search
You DON'T need photos for an N.I.E application.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
Thats what I keep telling people, but they think the little official stamping boxes are for photos. ;-)
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:07 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Correcto..........

You may have been told that you can get a Gestor or Solicitor to apply for your number, this was true in the past but from 5th November 2003, all applications for NIE numbers have to be presented in person by each individual applicant.

They hold your passport open at the pic and scrutinize your face, lol

Hhmmmm. I know of people who have been successfully getting their solicitors to apply on their behalf as recently as a few months ago.

Does it vary from region to region perhaps? Like the photos - here we don´t need passport size photos for just the NIE, but I see people posting in other areas that they were needed.

Isn´t there anyone of this forum who has obtained their NIE post 2003 without actually doing it in person?

Last edited by keithwalters; Mar 11th 2007 at 3:22 am.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Hhmmmm. I know of people who have been successfully getting their solicitors to apply on their behalf as recently as a few months ago.

Does it vary from region to region perhaps? Like the photos - here we don´t need passport size photos for just the NIE, but I see people posting in other areas that they were needed.

Isn´t there anyone of this forum who has obtained their NIE post 2003 without actually doing it in person?
Perhaps the solicitors get them from an embassy link and not the Police station, or maybe it varies depending where you are, as you say.
Or maybe the NIE`s aren`t legal, lol.
What stamp do they have on them ?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:30 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Perhaps the solicitors get them from an embassy link and not the Police station, or maybe it varies depending where you are, as you say.
Or maybe the NIE`s aren`t legal, lol.
What stamp do they have on them ?
I´ve never looked at one so I don´t know what the stamp is - but I know of people at Costa Esuri who have been getting their solicitors to do it all so as far as I know you still don´t need to actually go in person.

I think those solicitors go to somewhere in Huelva, but couldn´t tell you what type of office it is.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How do I get a Identification Number

Originally Posted by Louise Griffin
Thanks John All information can take some of the worries out of not knowing the prodedures in advance,and the answer to your ? we havent got to the stage of useing a solicitor yet, but we will be useing one,again we don't know if its better to use the property solicitor or to get our own.
Hi Louise Griffin,

GET YOUR OWN!! Read a few of the Chiclana threads and you will see why.

Post on here where you intend to purchase and ask for personal recommendations of reliable firms in the area.

You could manage to make the NIE application in the week you will be out but you might have to pick it up next time you are over. They will keep it for you or post it to a Spanish address.

Regards,

John.

</IMG>
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How do I get a Identification Number

Hi keithwalters,

Yes we did ours early 2004 in Huelva and we definitely had to have the photos and I paperclipped them to the little boxes but JDR is right they took them off and put a very official stamp in there and clipped them elsewhere but it was in person.

I would agree with Beechcomber get the latest form from the ministry website to be certain you have the right edition thats what I mean about the Spanish system.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 11th 2007 at 3:58 am.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Not true. We opened our account with Solbank just with photocopies of passports at their London branch before we left the UK and hadn't even heard of N.I.E numbers.All done by post.

We also opened our account with Bankinter from the UK with copies of passports. We did our applications online and sent the photocopies to Madrid.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I´ve never looked at one so I don´t know what the stamp is - but I know of people at Costa Esuri who have been getting their solicitors to do it all so as far as I know you still don´t need to actually go in person.

I think those solicitors go to somewhere in Huelva, but couldn´t tell you what type of office it is.
It should have an official police stamp on it.
Attached Thumbnails How do I get a Identification Number-nie2.jpg  
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:24 am
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by jdr
It should have an official police stamp on it.

I doubt I will ever lay eyes on one, so I have nothing to compare that to - I only know from chatting to people at Costa Esuri they have said that they didn´t apply for the NIE themselves, their solicitor did it all for them.

We applied directly for the Tarjeta de Residencia so never had one of these NIE forms.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

I think it might be a regional variation and there are loads!! Here in Valencia, last year, my daughter needed two passport photos with her NIE application.

I notice 'Spain' lives here as well.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:06 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derek500
I think it might be a regional variation and there are loads!! Here in Valencia, last year, my daughter needed two passport photos with her NIE application.

I notice 'Spain' lives here as well.
We had to supply photos as well.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I think this just sums up everything in Spain

ask 1 questions and get 10 different answers

Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spain
I think this just sums up everything in Spain

ask 1 questions and get 10 different answers

Absolutamente!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.